AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 10:17   Link #281
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Hopefully Michiru gets some more attention in one of these episodes. I find her reactions very cute and would like to know more about her. Favorite girl thus far for me.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:36   Link #282
Candyshark

Well Isara, Michiru and Mifuyu are still around. So would not count them out.

Imagine Chisato was his alarm clock all these years. Wouldn't mind it to become running gag of the series.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:49   Link #283
Ddraig

So far I dont like how this is going already with too much screen time with Chisato that kinda tell us that she will end up being the winner at the end. Childhood friend end up as lover is too common and predictable in anime that I feel sick of watching it. It just make us who cheer for other girls feel that is pointless and should not waste time.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:56   Link #284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's entirely conceivable that they will keep on the straight path of the Chisato route without making any other girls fall for Oojima, hence sparing them any heartbreak.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 11:12   Link #285
asdffdsa

I don't understand where this idea comes from that childhood friends win too frequently. My experience has been the complete opposite. In fact I thought the trope (for anime at least) was that the childhood friend always loses.
asdffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:20   Link #286
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Episode 2 was an improvement from the first episode, but it was still very annoying. The camera is as in your face as you can get - I lost count at the number of shots that involved boob grabbing, boob jiggling, boob zooms, ass zooms and that really annoying censorship scene that was similar to the one in ep1. And there was that ever cliche scene of the MC bumping into characters, one of them being a heroine. This happened not once but I counted at least 3 times. It feels like this series is deliberately trying to fit in as many cliches and be generic as possible to the point it's almost a parody, but I highly doubt that.

Regardless, I do know how VN adaptations work and that you have to watch most with with "low expectations" and that shipping is pretty much a requirement. So I lay down my preferring shipping pair and that is Satsuki, the Finance Commissioner. I like her both looks wise and personality. I also don't mind Mifuyu and Isara. So if the series hints at shipping any of these three, I'll be content and I'll likely continue.

However, if the series decides to ship Chisato I will drop this faster than a bullet. Or any of the two mega annoying lolis from the Food Research Club, but I doubt that will be the case.

Hoping it drastically improves after the common route is over. All these cliches are starting to heavily weigh down on me... and it'll be such a shame to drop this series because the art is really nice!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:34   Link #287
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
I don't understand where this idea comes from that childhood friends win too frequently.
Statistics derived not just from a sample of anime, but from VIRTUALLY ALL anime made in the digital distribution age (yes I have that much free time). 2011 alone for example has somewhere in the high 70's in percentage win (unusually high that it even surprised me), and IIRC from 2000-2011 the average is somewhere in high 60's (good rule of thumb is 1 lose:2 wins)

Quote:
My experience has been the complete opposite.
You haven't experienced enough.

Quote:
In fact I thought the trope (for anime at least) was that the childhood friend always loses.
Common misconception that really grates my nerves, considering THE reason I have anime as my 'waste my time' medium of choice IS because childhood friend wins more often than not there. Very glaring when you compare it to western stuff, where childhood friend has close to zero win.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 17:50   Link #288
chaos_animagic

What interest me is...

Why does the school not allow a student to join clubs if they're in a scholarship program?

Usually schools encourage any student to join clubs to improve the social standing of the school...

Tho this is Japanese School... might be related to how most schools get their funds from rich people...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:13   Link #289
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for newtype:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2012-07-14 at 21:47.
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:21   Link #290
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Damn. This two is the best couple!!!! The childhood flash back nearly fainted me. Its so sweet!!!
I say behind their constant argument. The feeling is there. They're actually comfortable with each other.
It didn't end up there, look at the ending!!! I want Yuki to grab Chiato and kiss her already!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-07-15 at 06:59.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 10:47   Link #291
Candyshark

Even though romcoms and harems are 90% about cute girls, fanservice and embarassments.
Personaly I still need parallel plot to lead romance development. Koichoco has few threads that can be interesting if handled right or bomb horribly.

That is the reasoning behind my rankings. Mifuyu and Satsuki.

To all childhood friend shipper for all we know Mifuyu could also fufill that role. We saw their small perfomance, Yuki didn't have any problems to hug and say "I love you" to Mifuyu which is good indicator they are pretty confortable with each other. That also can sprout some drama. Satsuki is their "enemy" plus she has hot sis who is club's surpivisor-freeloader. Michiru looks like a mascot-kitty replacement. Isara who knows what is going on there. Chisato some emotinal drama. All in all anime has few hints to keep me watching.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:49   Link #292
Valky
Radioactive

This series is probably the one that I like the most so far. Probably because the animation, the songs and bgm, and the story so far is pretty good. The other running series are kinda betraying my expectations, so far.

Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2012-07-15, 17:55   Link #293
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
To all childhood friend shipper for all we know Mifuyu could also fufill that role.
Mifuyu definitely has shown some signs, considering how comfortable the trio are with each other.

That said, Mi-chan seems conspicuously absent in all flashbacks so far, and she doesn't seem to be aware of Chisato's aversion to choco. Something tells me that they met Mi-chan during middle school if anything. So while friends since middle school evokes the same kind of emotions from me as childhood friends, Japan technically excludes them from the term osananajimi.

So I personally don't mind a Chi-chan or Mi-chan ending, though right now I VASTLY prefer Chisato due to that scene at 3:04. I swear, I must have watched it at least 30 times.... and goddamit, I wanna watch it again now. BRB

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:01   Link #294
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
..... though right now I VASTLY prefer Chisato due to that scene at 3:04. I swear, I must have watched it at least 30 times.... and goddamit, I wanna watch it again now. BRB
I did it only four times... reading the exact lines... and jump to the ending in the room with the chocolate. I think Chisato deserves every chances to be with Yuki. Seeing the two "do" each other.. melts my hearts..
Old 2012-07-15, 20:59   Link #295
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode two was good. Plenty of LOLs and some good classy fan service.

The worst part of all this is I can't pick a girl. They are all awesome in their own way.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:00   Link #296
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. It took an image of a boob grabbing scene for me to even want to check this series out. Just sayin'...
Now if that isn't the best reason ever
Really liked that she didn't hit him after he fondled her. Big plus for Chisato
The series still has other good stuff on top of that.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:01   Link #297
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Now if that isn't the best reason ever
Really liked that she didn't hit him after he fondled her. Big plus for Chisato
The series still has other good stuff on top of that.
Glad she didn't slap him.....
Old 2012-07-15, 21:30   Link #298
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why dose Chisato hate chocolate and she dosent mind when Oojima grab her boob
Old 2012-07-15, 22:04   Link #299
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Why dose Chisato hate chocolate
i think there might be some backstory about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
she dosent mind when Oojima grab her boob
and even seem to enjoy it
Old 2012-07-15, 22:26   Link #300
asdffdsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Damn. This two is the best couple!!!! The childhood flash back nearly fainted me. Its so sweet!!!
I say behind their constant argument. The feeling is there. They're actually comfortable with each other.
It didn't end up there, look at the ending!!! I want Yuki to grab Chiato and kiss her already!!!
Right there with ya! If it's indeed going to follow her route, I can't wait for the moment in which he comes to realize his feelings. I hope they do a good job of building up to it
asdffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen