AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 00:33   Link #581
leokiko

Level 30 Quest "Stealing Secret" is glitched for many people. I'm stuck as well =p
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 01:28   Link #582
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm finally level 60. only 20 more to go.

Megalodon spotted. that's one big shark. ><;
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol, everyone is expoiting his weakness that he cant come off shore. we
all just snipe him from above...nya ha! cant blame them for being scare of him.
i get one-shotted by him. there's no way i'm entering the water either. ;p
Images
a closer look at our friendly shark.
Images

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-04 at 01:30.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 04:56   Link #583
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
lol, everyone is expoiting his weakness that he cant come off shore. we
all just snipe him from above...nya ha! cant blame them for being scare of him.
i get one-shotted by him. there's no way i'm entering the water either. ;p
That's why freaking sharks need freaking laser beams.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:31   Link #584
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyone here on Borlis Pass? I just started Engineer because Thief is too powerful.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:23   Link #585
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyone here on Borlis Pass? I just started Engineer because Thief is too powerful.
Me ill see you in game, same user name.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2012-09-03 at 10:48.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 11:08   Link #586
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Level 30 Quest "Stealing Secret" is glitched for many people. I'm stuck as well =p
It was fixed last night. My thief did it this morning. Now I'm torn, as I re-rolled my Norn warrior to Human and got level 30 last night. I think at this point, I am going to concentrate on just one character, and while the warrior is ridiculously powerful with arguably the most versatality in the game, from superb damage, to a cc-focused lay out, and even one that can heal surprisingly well, once you have enough points to unlock the third Tier of traits.

My thief, on the other hand, is really fast. Choices!

Anyone have unbearable skill lag intermittently yesterday? Things had been pretty fine on the latency front until then. I'm wondering if opening up the Trade Post had an effect there. Based off Map chat, the skill lag seemed to only affect some, making one wonder if it was simply due to a database or two unable to keep up, rather than simple ping issues, especially since I did a /diag toggle to the GW2.exe and the network test came up with 135 ms ping.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 16:47   Link #587
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It was fixed last night
Great, thought I would be stuck there. Thanks for pointing that out btw, otherwise I wouldn't even have logged on my Thief again for a while.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 06:39   Link #588
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Has anyone beat Askalonian Catacombs on Explorable Mode -> Colossus (3rd option)?

The burrows event is seemingly impossible. We had a party completely of level 80's, and not just random level 80's, they're my guildies who are very PvP oriented and we had voice-chat coordination. It's just soooo damn hard Q__Q. I saw a youtube video where a group beat that event but they had no plan and just ran around chaotically. They actually completely wiped seconds before the event actually finished but somehow completed it anyways, and they did that in beta weekend 2. So there's really nothing to learn from it.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 06:48   Link #589
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lag can get really annoying. Like there was one event on the swamp where you had to kill a giant monster lag the crap out of everybody.

Also, I'm getting pwned if the enemies are a few levels higher. Maybe I should stack more health or something. (Been mostly stacking precision/condition damage on the necro.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:41   Link #590
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Has anyone beat Askalonian Catacombs on Explorable Mode -> Colossus (3rd option)?

The burrows event is seemingly impossible. We had a party completely of level 80's, and not just random level 80's, they're my guildies who are very PvP oriented and we had voice-chat coordination. It's just soooo damn hard Q__Q. I saw a youtube video where a group beat that event but they had no plan and just ran around chaotically. They actually completely wiped seconds before the event actually finished but somehow completed it anyways, and they did that in beta weekend 2. So there's really nothing to learn from it.
Well, at least you didn't wipe 20 times before even getting to a boss in Story Mode. That group had to be seen to be believed. The art of focus firing and not standing in stuff on the ground is apparently lost on people. I should really join a guild but I'm currently concerned about being a liability for a good guild on the one hand and being stuck in a terrible guild on the other, so I just continue to solo. I'll probably still be guildless at lv 80 haha.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:51   Link #591
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Well, at least you didn't wipe 20 times before even getting to a boss in Story Mode. That group had to be seen to be believed. The art of focus firing and not standing in stuff on the ground is apparently lost on people. I should really join a guild but I'm currently concerned about being a liability for a good guild on the one hand and being stuck in a terrible guild on the other, so I just continue to solo. I'll probably still be guildless at lv 80 haha.
You can actually join multiple guilds, you just choose which to represent. That being said, I'm lvl 37 and still guildless, haha.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:20   Link #592
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
You can actually join multiple guilds, you just choose which to represent. That being said, I'm lvl 37 and still guildless, haha.
Ah that's right, I forgot about that. Well, that would resolve the issue of accidentally joining a terrible guild, though I would probably just want to stick to one guild anyway. I feel like being an active member in multiple guilds would have too much potential to ruffle feathers, with people complaining about you doing so and so with someone else instead of them, etc. Don't need that kind of drama.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:51   Link #593
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

If anyone wants to do AC story mode, I'm always up for it. It's one of my favorite because of how hard it is -until- you really know it by heart (which I think I do by now). Some of the other dungeons are terribly lame and boring. The Lv60 dungeon was also fun.

Gotta thank the cross-server system to allow us to team with people from other servers. I did have this funny run where all 5 people in my party were from the 3 servers currently at each-other's throats in WvWvW.

My best run which had 0 permanent deaths (no one got "You have been defeated") with actually a rl friend and 3 random public people. They were just a surprisingly skilled, composed and smart bunch.

I was almost at standing ovation when we beat the Lovers in one-go with NO plan whatsoever. All 4 of them were there for their first time ever, I told them about the behavior of the two bosses and about how important ("waaay harder than it sounds") it is to keep the 2 bosses apart. They all decided on the plan to "run around and panic" and that somehow worked.
-=======-

I feel the majority of guild are not happy about people that join their guild but represent another. Because of the influence system. Guilds benefit from your activity if you represent them, and you benefit from a guild's upgrade when they use influence. I recommend joining large active guilds. Of course those ask for devotion that everyone has a hard time living up to. I can only play 1~2 hours a day with my study/work schedule. My Guild requires me to always use voice chat, be online for several hours a week (I can on the weekends), and always represent it.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:39   Link #594
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Swapped out my heat sink, cleaned off the previous thermal cream and applied new layer.

Gonna try everything with 100% settings. Wish me luck.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:44   Link #595
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Swapped out my heat sink, cleaned off the previous thermal cream and applied new layer.

Gonna try everything with 100% settings. Wish me luck.
Thermal cream isn't going to cut it for GW2, please consult the almighty chart:

Images
Old 2012-09-04, 09:51   Link #596
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I think I'd be pretty wary about joining a particularly large guild at my low level (38). I feel like the potential to simply be used to help level the guild is high, and with a big enough group of people who don't really know each other it wouldn't really be all that different than just trying to form a PUG.

(I probably sound ridiculously picky about something so simple but I've become somewhat paranoid about guilds due to so many bad experiences in the past; from a server first guild imploding a week after clearing a new raid because a clique of friends all decided they didn't want to play with the raid leader anymore, to a tight-knit group of friends that was ripped apart by a princess/attention whore and her White Knights, to a guild leader changing the raid schedule to times that didn't work for me, with no warning and after I'd spent a ton of effort as a class officer getting people organized. Having an environment you really enjoy playing in ripped away enough times by factors beyond your control can really take its toll.)
Old 2012-09-04, 11:10   Link #597
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Thermal cream isn't going to cut it for GW2, please consult the almighty chart:

Images
Actually it did :

Spoiler for Big:

No crashes so far. CPU running at 70+ degrees.

Old 2012-09-04, 16:53   Link #598
Xion Valkyrie

Level 22 Elementalist now, and from both my experience and what I've read online, it seems A-net made the same mistakes in GW2 as they did in GW1.

The damage is just not where it should be for a mage class, and I feel like even though we have 4 attunements, some of the abilities just feel filler-ish and since there's 1 auto attack per element and overall long cooldowns, the versatility that we're supposed to gain for losing weapon switch really isn't there. The traits in general are pretty lame too compared to the other classes.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:04   Link #599
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, at level 18 I'm finding necro minions to not auto-regenerate to be extremely annoying. If I end a fight with all of them at low health, I'll have to basically recast them and wait for cool-down anyways.

I also resent having to enter a server from overflow or a storyline and have the minions disappear.... yet the cooldown remains. Really?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:53   Link #600
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Rolling human is a surprisingly hard thing for me to do. Given that we're stuck with Logan (whom Edge of Destiny has taught me to hate with a fiery passion) is not exactly a good start, bit it's a shame the human quest are so... plain, for the lack of a better word, as well and turn you character into a complete paragon no matter what choices you make at creation. Such a contrast with the charr and asura stories, where choosing blood legion gives you a much darker story, or the colleges where your asura varies between heroic, wise or action-determined.

But then, no race can make pimp mesmers like the humans can.

Does the human story get any tougher later on? Or are we full-blown paragon all the way to 80?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote