AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 59 51.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-22, 23:51   Link #101
GundamZZ
残念美人

Kuroyukihime's past is probably not as interesting. When the anime started, she's the second year in her middle school. Imagine it's two years ago. So she became the legion king at Niko's age. The image of a childish king who acted like bossy is not fun.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-09-23, 00:06   Link #102
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Why not? It worked for Niko.
Old 2012-09-23, 00:20   Link #103
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
My God....what an amazing ending to an amazing show. First getting rid of Noumi and then that ending? Just superb all around. Arg what's her real name...
Old 2012-09-23, 00:42   Link #104
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The final fight between Haru and Noumi did not disappoint whatsoever in either the spectacle department, the choreography department, or in the emotional catharsis department. It delivered in flying colors in all three ways. Unlike some viewers, I even liked it when Noumi turned into a totally pathetic creature shamelessly begging for mercy. I thought it was a poignant moment that showed just how utterly rotten a person Burst Linking had turned him into - When you compare Noumi in his final moments as a Burst Linker to Post-Burst Link Noumi, it's clear how Haru actually did the guy a favor.

It's even as if Haru exorcised the great darkness that had totally warped Noumi's heart and mind, because the Noumi we see later seems as totally harmless and friendly as a member of K-On's light music club.
+1

More of exorcised the dark pasts that has devoured his heart and mind. So, yeah. Haru clearly 'helped' Noumi to wash away the worst of him.

If you noticed, Noumi was literally never lost or defeated even once in his past life. Always wanted to win everything he desired. If not enough, he wanted to win even more; this is then developed his arrogance and overconfidence in his personality over time. However, "winner takes all" is not viable anymore. Cause winning something will always come with a price to pay. In Noumi's case, his arrogance and lusting of power will corrupt him and would lead him to the dark side. As time goes by when Noumi was keeping up his overconfidence for his lust for power; sooner or later, his arrogance and his cockiness will ultimately destroy him. And this is what "Karma Houdini" means to be.

Really, his overconfidence he expressed in the sudden death match will surely lead him to his demise.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, this is actually one of the major themes of the show that was at play in all three of the main arcs; the theme of, basically, "absolute power corrupts absolutely". First we see that with Taku, and his struggle for redemption. Then, with second arc with the Chrome Disaster (where the person literally had to be "saved" from the evil that took over). And now, of course, with the third arc: how the game and greed twisted someone to the point where, as you say, losing the game is almost salvation more than anything else. We don't yet know why Brain Burst was created, but obviously this theme of power, responsibility, and corruption is one of the main themes the author is trying to explore in this work.
And so is the theme 'salvation' included as well?

By the way, I think the "power corrupts" has explained in all three arcs in this season. Pursuing for perfection might turn one into a jerk, check. Seeking for a power that could come in handy to allow one to be strong for one's close friend or loved one once more might unknowingly consumed by an 'evil force' against one's will, check. Getting most of the ideas from a comic book villains to act like a black-hearted scoundrel would in turn being Karma Houdini'd, check.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2012-09-24 at 03:54.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:08   Link #105
Zeriand
Banned

That's a problem of perspective. There's really no such thing as a good or bad side but only whether you can accept who you've become without regretting it.

Even though Noumi was such an a** to most of us, it was clear that the guy himself never regretted the decision to pursue power until he could infinitely stave off the fear of being defeated. He was willing to beg and grovel and endure the shame of being the loser again as long as he can keep being a Burst Linker, because he knew that he'll always have a chance to comeback if he stays a Burst Linker. Being overly arrogant and shortsighted is a terrible trait for any men, but as a villain he does have a wonderful amount of determination and willingness to sacrifice everything - including his pride, which must've been unbearable for someone like him - to achieve his objectives. Hate him or not, that trait is pretty admirable.

Which was why after he lost his Burst Linker memories Nomi turned out to be quite the wonderful person, because he already is a wonderful person in the first place. He just chose a different path than most people would tread on before.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:39   Link #106
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Yes, this is actually one of the major themes of the show that was at play in all three of the main arcs; the theme of, basically, "absolute power corrupts absolutely". First we see that with Taku, and his struggle for redemption. Then, with second arc with the Chrome Disaster (where the person literally had to be "saved" from the evil that took over). And now, of course, with the third arc: how the game and greed twisted someone to the point where, as you say, losing the game is almost salvation more than anything else. We don't yet know why Brain Burst was created, but obviously this theme of power, responsibility, and corruption is one of the main themes the author is trying to explore in this work.
True. After all, what would you if you had such power and to what lengths will you go to preserve it? In this case, the creator may have been posing these questions when he placed the instant kill to reach Level 10 to the Kings. I am guessing the creator is testing their character. It is clear now which kings clings to power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
That's a problem of perspective. There's really no such thing as a good or bad side but only whether you can accept who you've become without regretting it.

Even though Noumi was such an a** to most of us, it was clear that the guy himself never regretted the decision to pursue power until he could infinitely stave off the fear of being defeated. He was willing to beg and grovel and endure the shame of being the loser again as long as he can keep being a Burst Linker, because he knew that he'll always have a chance to comeback if he stays a Burst Linker. Being overly arrogant and shortsighted is a terrible trait for any men, but as a villain he does have a wonderful amount of determination and willingness to sacrifice everything - including his pride, which must've been unbearable for someone like him - to achieve his objectives. Hate him or not, that trait is pretty admirable.

Which was why after he lost his Burst Linker memories Nomi turned out to be quite the wonderful person, because he already is a wonderful person in the first place. He just chose a different path than most people would tread on before.
Thanks to his brother for the most part. But it is really jarring to see such a happy Noumi after the uninstall. BB really corrupted him.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:14   Link #107
Zeriand
Banned

I wouldn't say that; as you said he was already a goner before he even become a Burst Linker. But acquiring Burst Link gave him a chance for salvation, and he got it when Haru finally defeated him and wiped out all his memories.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:25   Link #108
cyberdemon

do NOT take this as an exact confirmation but I read this on another site:

Quote:
Two pieces of information was leaked into several Japanese forums regarding sequels for two anime series, both slated to show in October the Fall Season of 2013. One of them is Accel World Season 2 the other is To Aru Majutsu no Index Season 3. All information however, were erased within a day of appearing, someone lucky enough to catch that piece of information passed on the message to me. The very act of erasing the information seems to validate their authenticity. I can’t promise 100% accuracy of the information, at this point in time we can only hope for the best.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:44   Link #109
Zeriand
Banned

2013? That's one helluva wait then.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:46   Link #110
cyberdemon

Quote:
1 year isn't THAT long. well maybe it is if you're looking forward to it but I've seen shows where it has taken years to get another season.
Old 2012-09-23, 14:41   Link #111
Awrya
U mad?

After the cameos I think we can expect AW S2 sooner or later, a year from now does sound about the right amount of time.
Hopefully To Aru S3 comes out as well, it does appear to have a solid fanbase in Japan.
Quote:
Try watching Gundam Unicorn
Old 2012-09-23, 15:14   Link #112
Belgaesh

Accel World will probably get a next season in one year's time, it's just the usual wait.

Quote:
So as I am, still waiting for another FMP anime.
Old 2012-09-23, 15:19   Link #113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Kuroyukihime's past is probably not as interesting. When the anime started, she's the second year in her middle school. Imagine it's two years ago. So she became the legion king at Niko's age. The image of a childish king who acted like bossy is not fun.
I kinda felt like they missed a good opportunity to flesh out al lot about her past that ought to have been fleshed out.

Like...what happened after she killed the Red King? Other than her going into hiding, I don't actually recall anything else being said. I thought it would've been great if she used to have a strong and powerful legion but got crushed under the combined forces of the other fractions which all allied themselves against her after she killed the Red King (That Purple Queen who screamed at the Red Kings' death would've been the perfect character to urge the other Kings to attack her with the Yellow King being the perfect co-conspirator that eggs her on). Maybe a couple of her leigion survived but left her legion after blaming her for starting the whole war. Crikin would've been a perfect character to be an example of such. And it would've added a lot more weight to the regrets she felt about her cold hearted nature back then.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:49   Link #114
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That is assuming that is even close to what happened, its quite possible that many of them have circumstances similar to Sky Raker, they simply retired from dueling when their Legion master was forced to ground. Sky Raker doesn't give me the impression that Black Lotus was a cold or indifferent king.

We know something about the "Elements" of Nega Nebulas, at least if you believe the assumption that Aqua Current was a former member as well. Then we have Sky Raker, so the assumption would be there are two more (Fire/Earth) assuming of course we are operating under the western elemental table.

All that said, its quite possible they will start going into that next season. Sky Raker being present as a new "old" member would give us insight on how the legion used to operate.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:04   Link #115
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Come now, you don't think that Noumi's behavior throughout the arc was objectively bad?

The guy had become a brutal and sadistic bully. Granted, a lot of that was due to how Noumi was treated by his brother (Noumi's like the classic example of someone who takes abuse at home, and so rains abuse on those weaker than him at school), but there's still no question that Noumi was an outright villain in this arc. He simply gained a strange sort of redemption in the end due to his memories of BLing being completely wiped (which in turn probably took away the worst memories he had of his brother abusing him).

If your point is that Noumi isn't, at his core, a horrible person, then that may well be true. But if you're telling me there wasn't a good side and a bad side in the feud between Haru and Nomi, then I completely disagree with that.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:03   Link #116
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...objectively Noumi is neither good or bad...only thinking makes it so...

...subjectively Noumi is an a**ho*** and i wanted someone to smash his face even after he forgotten everything...because his attitude now is just g**f***...

...besides that...he's alright...no different from any other person...
Old 2012-09-23, 18:30   Link #117
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...objectively Noumi is neither good or bad...only thinking makes it so...
Well, this sort of goes without saying. We label behaviour as good and bad only be humans generally agree that it's so, and most would definitely agree that his deception and bullying are not "good behaviour".

Quote:
If you want to take that sort of view, then everyone's potentially a "wonderful person" on some level. You can only judge people by their actions. He chose to bully, manipulate, and harm others all out of a selfish quest for power. There is nothing honourable or noble about the way he treated other people. And this is why Haru told him that his mistake was right at the start when he chose to go down this "evil" path; he could have made different choices, and maybe he could have made real friends. He had the potential for good inside him. But, because of his poor decisions, they could no longer see eye to eye. Of course he had his reasons, and that may help explain what he did -- but so do all "evil-doers". Rarely does someone just wake up one day and decide to be an evil sadist out of the blue.

I don't think we can just excuse him as "someone with differing values and ambitions", because his selfish actions affected other people quite negatively. Therefore, whether you call it karma or whatever else, it made sense for him to be punished for his excessive greed. And, as has been discussed, in so doing, it frees him to make different decisions going forward, and maybe to pursue a different path.

(All that said, I do sort of see the other point here too. If you imagine that someone could be evil "in their blood", then even shedding Noumi's memories and access to the game won't reform him. He'd be back to his "old ways" in no time, because he's just an evil person through and through. But, with his trauma wiped away along with his memories, he's like an entirely different person. So in that sense, we can see that he really was a victim in all this as well -- even if that doesn't excuse what he did. I suppose there's an interesting little moral being delivered through that.)
Old 2012-09-23, 20:15   Link #118
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Good final episode. Nice fighting, Chiyu transformed from the "potted plant" of last episode to "saving the shwo" now with her turning time back ability, and Noumi got what he deserved, after his pathetic begging.

One thing I found very unbelievable though was: Noumi got all his BB memories erased. However, he should still know how he terrorised Haru and Chiyu before and all that. When he met Haru, he should've done one of two things:
- turning around, giving Haru an angry look because his plan to thwart Haru failed (even though he can't remember, how), then turning back again and strutting on
- turning, seeing Haru, screaming and running away, dimly remembering how Haru kicked his ass badly, but not how and where, and afraid of what Haru will do now because of his extortion

However, instead he acts as if he's forgotten quite a lot more than just the BB stuff, i.e. how he extorter Haru and Chiyu and all that. His character also changed 180° from devil to saint, and he acts as if he was Haru's best friend.

Anyway, besides that, it was good. Kuroyukihime's lesbian girlfriend being envious of Haru, and Sky Raker and "Sacchan" finally have a reunion

Spoiler for Speculation without LN knowledge:
Old 2012-09-23, 20:40   Link #119
Maxtro

Damn, didn't realize that this was the end of the season.

Now I got to find more things to watch.

Great show, expected it to be 50+ episodes long.
Old 2012-09-23, 22:23   Link #120
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Kuroyukihime's lesbian girlfriend being envious of Haru...

Kyh's girlfriend was a BB user before...
...I can't hold all these face-palms.

I get that some people don't like Haru at times, but please: don't.
Leave the shipping like or dislike to social groups, please.

Or use different wording.

Quote:
I think it's rather unkind to say that someone attracted to someone who's overweight has a fat fetish... to both parties involved... She could actually just like him for who he is...
Wait, this is seriously being questioned?
...are people blind by choice, or just that ignorant?

Last edited by Lycodrake; 2012-09-23 at 22:45.
Closed Thread