AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 08:56   Link #41221
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Sacred Twins Ch14 Part 1:

Protip: the guy is the same guy that shown in chapter 5, that is, a victim of date rape attempt in Madoka's flashback.
Old 2013-04-05, 11:03   Link #41222
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Author of Shinobi Of The Sky crossover... what can you say about it???
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:51   Link #41223
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First of all, welcome to the forum, we talk about all sort of I.S. related material in personal fanon. Our motto is be critical, be honest, but stay having fun.

I'll be honest here, Naruto is wanked out so much that he COULD fight all 467 I.S. with no problem, not a bit. Four I.S.? Pussies. Granted, 4th Ninja War Naruto could do that with extra effort, given enough time and information. But is there's any reason for giving him THREE kekkei genkai? And even worse, one of them count as accident.

I'll wait for second chapter to judge further.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-05 at 13:24.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:46   Link #41224
DarkJak2050

A short oneshot spotted.

Ichika's Rant

Edit:

Can anyone make a drawing of the iTags that was described in the last scene I posted?

It's to see if it's exactly how I pictured it when I did that part in the scene. But through a reader's view.

Spoiler for iTags Description:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-04-05 at 16:52.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:01   Link #41225
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'll get some sketch after installing my scanner

EDIT:

Can't draw a good sketch yet (no table, pencil, and eraser), but which one is the closest design?

Spoiler for Size because drawing suck:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-06 at 00:23.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 03:34   Link #41226
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can a human fire. Full auto weapon if the caliber is 10.2mm? I want it to be larger but not sure if that's plausible. This is assuming all state of the art anti-recoil design is in use. Free float barrel, muzzle gas holes, internal frame hammer(dunno what it's called), etc.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 04:02   Link #41227
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

10.2mm... Would that be somewhere like a Glock's bullet?

That would depend on where the weapon is supported(e.g attached to a sub-arm) or simply held with just both hands. If its the former, maybe plausible for full-auto fire for a while. The latter however... That guy would need strong arms.

Maybe it's just me, but even if the weapon has the best anti-recoil systems, there has to be at least a certain amount of recoil when the projectile exits the muzzle.

How much the recoil gets reduced depends on how heavy the weapon is to act as a counterweight of some sort, to hold the weapon in place and absorb the recoil force acting against it when a shot gets fired.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:17   Link #41228
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not too heavy as it can be wielded with one hand. For comparison's sake an AA12 can be fired full auto with one hand comfortably. Well the people who use it should be specially trained so strong arms are a given. However I want to know if I'm crossing thresholds of impossibility. I actually wanted about 11-13mm
Old 2013-04-06, 04:26   Link #41229
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'll get some sketch after installing my scanner

EDIT:

Can't draw a good sketch yet (no table, pencil, and eraser), but which one is the closest design?

Spoiler for Size because drawing suck:
Uh, not exactly what I had in mind.

It's somewhat like this; and I know that the Thunderbolt's going down on the opposite side as I described it. Also there's a "ring" around it and no skull in the middle or streamer at the bottom of the shield. It's not really more of a work in progress.

So it's subject to change really.

And besides, the skull is not set at the opposite angle as the Thunderbolt in either of the ones you drew.

Or maybe I might've described it wrong...

Either way, it's really more of a work in progress.

Stratospear, what do you think? Thought of giving a try on drawing the iTags as it's described?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 04:38   Link #41230
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Not too heavy as it can be wielded with one hand. For comparison's sake an AA12 can be fired full auto with one hand comfortably. Well the people who use it should be specially trained so strong arms are a given. However I want to know if I'm crossing thresholds of impossibility. I actually wanted about 11-13mm
I would assume that the weapon you have in mind is a rifle and not a handgun or SMG, yes?

Because 13mm, the closest I could find is a Browning.

I'm seriously uncertain that one person can Rambo that shit around like a kid's schoolbag.

I couldn't even one-arm a SAR21 for that matter. I tried, really.

@Jak

I could try.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:45   Link #41231
demino_hellsin
That one guy

assault rifle yes. I'm looking to imagine it as around the size of an M4. Though considering it's anti-IS I might need a longer barrel for the range. But most important is ease of movement.

It's a far cry from the M2. Unlike most assault rifles, the one I'm thinking off will only have a muzzle velocity of 300-500m/s. A tad slower than most rifles. The idea isn't how much stopping power or penetrating power it can drive home. It's how much bullet mass it can unload on the target.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:51   Link #41232
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Caliber doesn't mean everything. Bullet type is taken into account, and so does the gun in question

Look at this table, I take a liberal approach but with realistic design.

windows 7 screen shot

If you choose the rifle approach... well dang, it can broke your shoulder on SINGLE SHOT if unlucky. And carrying it will piss of most soldier anyway since that gun is massive, lightening it further... well, good luck.

EDIT: now with Demi's input
Old 2013-04-06, 04:55   Link #41233
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
assault rifle yes. I'm looking to imagine it as around the size of an M4. Though considering it's anti-IS I might need a longer barrel for the range. But most important is ease of movement.

It's a far cry from the M2. Unlike most assault rifles, the one I'm thinking off will only have a muzzle velocity of 300-500m/s. A tad slower than most rifles. The idea isn't how much stopping power or penetrating power it can drive home. It's how much bullet mass it can unload on the target.
Ahhah! My bad, so that's the criteria. If that's case, with strong arms, I don't see why it won't be possible. I'm prolly hand-waving here, but strong arms does sound rather vague when I said it. There's still stuffs like rifle-butt cushioning and all those recoil-reduction equipment.

However, point still stands. If the weapon is light enough to be carrier with one arm, high chances are the recoil will definitely send the rifle flipping over your shoulder upon firing.

EDIT: Ninjetti-d
Old 2013-04-06, 05:00   Link #41234
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then the SMG is the only route. The KRISS recoil reduction system was actually what I had in mind. Though I am confused at how the AA12 barely has recoil or muzzle rise despite firing 12-gauge shells. Normally shotguns needs 2 hands and 1 handed just cements how macho you are because it apparently breaks shoulders if you do the 1 hand thing without the correct stance.

KRISS and AA12
Old 2013-04-06, 05:07   Link #41235
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

AA-12 are damn massive, civies pumpy shotgun is 2-3 kg, military auto shotgun is 4-5 kg

AA-12 is 7.2 kg loaded, and the way it held and operated is closer to a heavy carbine. Some of the recoil force is used to cycle the gun operation too, so the recoil is spread longer. (being kicked vs pushed hard)

(incidentally, I use this as emergency anti-I.S. weapon, loaded with FRAG-12 incendiary, which only piss them off but better than peashooter)

Old 2013-04-06, 05:13   Link #41236
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm running my chaff rounds. The chaff rounds can take out a human sure, but they are primarily designed to drain IS shielding. Normally the corps that uses this will carry a second weapon of their own choosing for personal combat. Some might want another rifle or SMG, that's all up to them and for them to procure. Though it's advised to just use pistols.
Old 2013-04-06, 05:25   Link #41237
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Errr... how exactly cloud of aluminum noodle can do jack against human?

Spacebattles' Answer: thrown at sufficient velocity

Yeah, not kidding. A slow ass 40mm grenade kill people at point blank range, where their fuse will fail to arm, it's still fist sized quarter kilogram bullet flying at 75 m/s.

I picked more simplistic incendiary round, they burn at such high temperature that they literally turned into semi-plasmid state.
Old 2013-04-06, 05:46   Link #41238
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'd like to see a human survive a ceramic shell flung at them at 300 m/s. Sure, might not work on those with body armor but...

:|

squishy civs man, squishy civs
Old 2013-04-06, 06:01   Link #41239
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Even body armor would have at least be dented deep enough to hurt the body it's supposed to protect

Also, cont'd from previous scene I posted:

Spoiler for Algolis Shroud draft:
Old 2013-04-06, 06:27   Link #41240
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, unless that shell is larger than HMG round, the bullet will just deflected, and the human will be pissed as fuck. Ceramic is BAD as bullet.

Ceramic bullet do not dent, do not expand, and do not fragment themselves. They break into pieces when hitting armor and pass through muscle almost harmlessly.

Oh, and nice scene there.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest