AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 01:30   Link #221
snarf2691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
Hey guys what i dont get is the CB or meisters started all this crap, now in season 2 they become from being antagonists to protagonists, seriously how can ppl forget and forgive such actions? Then you have a protagonists in grahamn now switch to the dark side.....his the only reason why im watchin this to kick asses.
switch to the dark side? i think you are somehow misinterpreting something here. CB have been the protagonists throughout season one. even if they did cause the whole mess, it wasnt really their fault because corner was the one who was altering their plans(if you watch the series again u can see that alejandro and livonze are usually shown after something changes in the plan, like the trial system lockout in the trinity fight). even though the means may be shaky, CB is trying to change the world for the better. and graham was not in a "goodie" mindset either. he says in the last episode that the gundams have become an obsession that has altered him and made him want to fight more similar to how religion sparked the conflict in the kurdish republic.
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 12:52   Link #222
Strider Chipp

I have a question for a gundam philosoper. Who is the fast gundam in gundam Wing ? Some people are saying that the tallgesse is faster than the death scythe, but I do think that tallgeese can beat death scythe. It really depend on the pilot really.
Strider Chipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:26   Link #223
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider Chipp View Post
I have a question for a gundam philosoper. Who is the fast gundam in gundam Wing ? Some people are saying that the tallgesse is faster than the death scythe, but I do think that tallgeese can beat death scythe. It really depend on the pilot really.
Statistically, Deathscythe is apparently slightly faster than the Tallgeese, and the Deathscythe Hell is slightly faster than Deathscythe.
Old 2008-09-17, 05:22   Link #224
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Alright I just finished Turn A and I got one question: is Dianna married to Loran? She clearly has a ring on her left ring finger but that doesn't seems to be the case for Loran. Also Loran still addresses her the same way he did before....
Old 2008-09-17, 05:47   Link #225
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Alright I just finished Turn A and I got one question: is Dianna married to Loran? She clearly has a ring on her left ring finger but that doesn't seems to be the case for Loran. Also Loran still addresses her the same way he did before....
I doubt she's married to Loran, but I could believe it if she wanted to keep wearing her ring as a remembrance to Will Game.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 05:51   Link #226
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I doubt she's married to Loran, but I could believe it if she wanted to keep wearing her ring as a remembrance to Will Game.
Eh, that just pisses me off.

If the ring is for the original Will Game then what's the point of all the stuff she went through with Loran? Hell, if that's the ending we get then Turn A should be chopped down to 24 episodes since you can send all that to the rubbish bin...

Garh.....

It's one thing if Loran goes with her if they are married but it's one thing if he is going to be a servant again. Poor Sochie....

*I'm just pissed off I still think that it's a great series
Old 2008-09-17, 06:31   Link #227
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Eh, that just pisses me off.

If the ring is for the original Will Game then what's the point of all the stuff she went through with Loran? Hell, if that's the ending we get then Turn A should be chopped down to 24 episodes since you can send all that to the rubbish bin...

Garh.....

It's one thing if Loran goes with her if they are married but it's one thing if he is going to be a servant again. Poor Sochie....

*I'm just pissed off I still think that it's a great series
I don't see Loran as someone who would be willing to transcend the nobility barrier(even though it has already been rendered non-existent) to make Dianna his wife though. But as a subject/friend, I believe he'll lay down everything, life and all for her, as opposed to his own happiness by staying with Sochie.

In short, it stays as loyalty, not love, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong though, Sochie is still my favourite character in Turn A.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 04:43   Link #228
glyph

What the...
Gundam: Mission to the Rise

Is UC ripping off the plot premise of GS:Stargazer now?
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 04:51   Link #229
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
What the...
Gundam: Mission to the Rise

Is UC ripping off the plot premise of GS:Stargazer now?
If you pause around 2:27, based on the copyright notice, I think this is from 1998.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:19   Link #230
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Wanna ask: Which is superior in terms of combat capabilities and versatility? The over-flag (black) or Graham custom (black)?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 16:49   Link #231
Eagles
Char clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Wanna ask: Which is superior in terms of combat capabilities and versatility? The over-flag (black) or Graham custom (black)?
It's the same except Graham's has a different rifle and has its perfomance limiter removed.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:36   Link #232
lubczyk

Question Whatever happened to Gundam SEED Eternity

Whatever happened to Gundam SEED Eternity? Did Gundam SEED Destiny do so poorly that it was canned?

G Gundam in 1994.

Gundam Wing in 1995.

Gundam X in 1996.

Turn A Gundam in 1999.

Gundam SEED came out in 2002.

Gundam SEED Destiny came out in 2004.

Gundam SEED Stargazer was an OVA that came out in 2006. I thought it's short length and timing of release was odd.

Gundam Evolve Special came out in 2007.

Then Gundam 00 came out in 2007.

Sunrise seems to be swimming in all these Gundam UC and AU shows and doesn't know which one to stick with.

So what's the deal? I haven't seen a franchise have so many AU shows save for Tenchi.

Macross has one continuous timeline. Star Wars Does, Star Trek does. So what's up with Gundam and all these new AU shows: SEED and 00 in such a short timeframe and for what purpose?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 01:09   Link #233
Siegel Clyne

Gundam SEED Eternity Was A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Whatever happened to Gundam SEED Eternity? Did Gundam SEED Destiny do so poorly that it was canned?

G Gundam in 1994.

Gundam Wing in 1995.

Gundam X in 1996.

Turn A Gundam in 1999.

Gundam SEED Stargazer was an OVA that came out in 2006. I thought it's short length and timing of release was odd.

Sunrise seems to be swimming in all these Gundam UC and AU shows and doesn't know which one to stick with.

So what's the deal? I haven't seen a franchise have so many AU shows save for Tenchi.

Macross has one continuous timeline. Star Wars Does, Star Trek does. So what's up with Gundam and all these new AU shows: SEED and 00 in such a short timeframe and for what purpose?
AnimeOnDVD Forums - View Single Post - Other anime or anime related sites you visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen_Daisuke
I have posted a few times on Japanese sites, including one post last year which pointed out a now defunct blog at Rakuten, including its URL, which for months had spread false rumors of a Gundam SEED DESTINY sequel called Gundam SEED ETERNITY. To my surprise, within a couple of hours or so after I had made the post, that particular blog ceased to exist at Rakuten...

EDIT: My post on the Rakuten blog was made last year [2005].
That long gone Rakuten blog, if I remember correctly, had earlier spread false rumors of the names of the three DOM Trooper pilots and their Japanese voice actors in Gundam SEED Destiny.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-09-26 at 01:20.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:44   Link #234
Cherudim Arche

I have a question about alvatore GN drive? Is the drive, fake, real, or some combination of the two in some way, or is it plain unique.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 17:06   Link #235
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
I have a question about alvatore GN drive? Is the drive, fake, real, or some combination of the two in some way, or is it plain unique.
I know that it is fake but don't know the cause for its color.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:32   Link #236
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I know that it is fake but don't know the cause for its color.
Maybe it was equipped with the first batch of 2nd gen Tau GN drives, where the use of element N°72 results in an augmented output and golden GN particle?

Last edited by JMvS; 2008-09-27 at 03:11.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 20:02   Link #237
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think it's an improved GN Drive Tau, Alejandro might have kept the best for himself. The GN-XIII and Ahead seem to have orange-ish GN particle too instead of the normal red
Old 2008-09-28, 22:23   Link #238
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I think it's an improved GN Drive Tau, Alejandro might have kept the best for himself. The GN-XIII and Ahead seem to have orange-ish GN particle too instead of the normal red
I think that Ahead and GNX III use the same drives as Alvatore but it just looked gold cause Alvatore is just so shiny.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:49   Link #239
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post

G Gundam in 1994.

Gundam Wing in 1995.

Gundam X in 1996.

Turn A Gundam in 1999.

(TV) Gundam is targeted at a narrow demographic -- teenagers. Once they grow past that stage, they grow out of Gundam, or at least that is the train of thought behind it. So a new show is made for a new batch of teenagers.

Gundam Seed Eternity was a joke that perpetuated way more than it should have been.
Old 2008-09-30, 18:13   Link #240
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Will 00 be on it's same schedule as last season? No Sunrise timeslot wrangling I hope, because I like watching 00 on Saturday night...