AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-20, 04:12   Link #101
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I think ADV still has rights to the Jinki:Extend manga (damn them for sitting on it for so long!), or else the rights have moved to another company. It's a bit iffy on the legal side right now, so it's better not to risk it.

J:E Relation is technically a different manga and under a different company (Dragon Age), I would think, so -technically- it's ok to fan-translate them.
Old 2009-07-25, 22:23   Link #102
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

BTW: How many fans have reacted negatively to finding out that Aoba's no longer a virgin?

I seem to remember people mentioning some great internet hate for Kannagi after something similar was revealed for the main girl. Not being a fan of Kannagi, I don't know what it was, but I'd heard that JP fans reactions were extreme. Anything similar happen to Jinki Shinsetsu?
Old 2009-08-23, 20:51   Link #103
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I have a question about this manga. In wikipedia it says there are volume 1-4 but it also says it has volume 1-9 as well, is there any difference?
Old 2009-08-23, 20:57   Link #104
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I have a question about this manga. In wikipedia it says there are volume 1-4 but it also says it has volume 1-9 as well, is there any difference?
Volume 1-4 is the original Jinki that ran in Gangan. 1-9 is Jinki: Extend which ran in Comic Blade. I.e. they're not the same.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:04   Link #105
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Volume 1-4 is the original Jinki that ran in Gangan. 1-9 is Jinki: Extend which ran in Comic Blade. I.e. they're not the same.
That explains a lot, I was wondering why it said final here. I thought it just didn't say Extended for that version, anyhow thanks. Also I am thinking of buying this manga, do you think it is worth it?
Old 2009-08-23, 21:26   Link #106
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Definitely worth it.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:15   Link #107
Serf

So if anyone else hasn't notice ADV has been closed, so I guess their license of jinki extend manga doesn't work anymore, I hope some scanlation group finally pickup this serie I really want to read the story also I haven't seen any new chapter of relation
Old 2009-09-27, 22:54   Link #108
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Well can't buy the manga until summer which is when I probably will go to Korea but already read until 4 volumes of both Jinki and Extended and damn the anime is pretty much crap compare to the manga. The anime did poor job with the characters development and their portrayal. While the manga the characters are portrayed better and have much more character and personality. I really want to read more but can't find any thing past volume 4.

Oh and while on my quest to find volume 5 I ran into this.

Spoiler for I think it is probably form I think Shintesu? (if that is what is called after Volume 10 or so):
Old 2009-09-27, 23:30   Link #109
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Oh and while on my quest to find volume 5 I ran into this.
Spoiler for I think it is probably form I think Shintesu? (if that is what is called after Volume 10 or so):
Very old news, actually.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:41   Link #110
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Might be old but news to me .
Old 2009-10-03, 02:46   Link #111
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream
The anime did poor job with the characters development and their portrayal.
- It was okay at the beginning, but they changed a bit too much halfway into the Venezuela arc, then they had to go and completely mangle the Tokyo arc. What they should have done is focus solely on the Venezuela arc of the story for all of 13 episodes, and left the Tokyo arc (which was still running at the time the TV animation was on) out of it, at least until they could be sure of the fan interest in a second season. The thing is, because they tried to cram two story arcs into one 12-episode series, everything gets mucked. Not enough time to develop the characters at all, and most of them just aren't notable, unlike their roles in the Manga (I mean seriously, Akao is NOT Shinji Ikari with breasts. Her anime incarnation is far too whiny and annoying.).

Of course, there's also the fact that Tunasima never really finished the original Jinki storyline until Shinsetsu, so ending the Venezuela arc true to the manga--might have been difficult.

On to news-news.

Has anyone been working on the Jinki:Extend Relations manga since Ch.1? I know there's a scanlated version of 1 and raws of 2, but no further info since then. Anyone have updates?

I'm at the point that I think this series is cursed to never get a continuous run with any one publisher...
Old 2009-12-11, 22:59   Link #112
ani fan

Im new and found the first page of this thread today but i am wondering is there any ISBN for Jinki: Extend 4 to 8.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:52   Link #113
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani fan View Post
Im new and found the first page of this thread today but i am wondering is there any ISBN for Jinki: Extend 4 to 8.
Amazon.co.jp Lists two ISBN numbers for each of those volumes, so here's just the pages with both of the numbers listed on them:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JINKI-EXTEND...593436&sr=8-34

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JINKI-EXTEND...593413&sr=8-30

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JINKI-EXTEND...593413&sr=8-26

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JINKI-EXTEND...593413&sr=8-24

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JINKI-EXTEND...0593458&sr=8-1
Old 2009-12-12, 18:40   Link #114
ani fan

Thanks, Are these in japanese, because i am looking for the english translation version.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:47   Link #115
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Thanks, Are these in japanese, because i am looking for the english translation version.
Japanese; they don't have anything in English (by ADV Films) past volume 3 of J:E, and you'd probably be hard-pressed to find those after all these years since they were first rolled out.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:12   Link #116
ani fan

what about number 9 has it got an ISBN and what about 10 with the 60 pages???

The other thing i want to know is which series are first and second because i am confused. Can you also explain how many books there are for each series. I am not sure about wikipedia with part one with 4 books and 10 books in the second part???
Old 2009-12-13, 06:12   Link #117
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
what about number 9 has it got an ISBN and what about 10 with the 60 pages???

The other thing i want to know is which series are first and second because i am confused. Can you also explain how many books there are for each series. I am not sure about wikipedia with part one with 4 books and 10 books in the second part???
Most of those questions are answered on previous pages in this thread.

Original Jinki is 4 volumes.

Jinki: Extend is 9 volumes.

Jinki Shinsetsu is the last bunch of chapters released in Dengeki Daioh.

Currently, Jinki: Extend Relation is running in Dragon Age, although nobody has put up the chapters since chapter 2.

Hmm, I can't seem to find J:E volume 9 or Jinki Shinsetsu on Amazon right now.
Old 2009-12-14, 10:27   Link #118
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

So I stumbled upon the anime today and was wondering if both manga are actually complete? I checked wikipedia and says both Jinki and Jinki:Extend are complete. Then I checked mangaupdates and found out there's like 2 more sequels...........

Which of course, both Jinki - Shinsetsu and Jinki - Shinsetsu - Final Episode are marked as completed. Then again, looking at the comments here makes me think otherwise.

And how did Ryouhei die again? I might have missed it while reading through the comments here.
Old 2009-12-14, 20:47   Link #119
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
So I stumbled upon the anime today and was wondering if both manga are actually complete? I checked wikipedia and says both Jinki and Jinki:Extend are complete. Then I checked mangaupdates and found out there's like 2 more sequels...........

Which of course, both Jinki - Shinsetsu and Jinki - Shinsetsu - Final Episode are marked as completed. Then again, looking at the comments here makes me think otherwise.

And how did Ryouhei die again? I might have missed it while reading through the comments here.
Well, Jinki: Extend and Shinsetsu are complete in that they aren't making more volumes for those specific lines, but the Jinki story itself isn't complete. It's like how Full Metal Panic is a complete anime, then Full Metal Panic The Second Raid is also a complete anime, but the FMP story itself isn't over.

Ryouhei died saving the new guy from debris during battle.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:20   Link #120
ani fan

Ok, whats the different between Jinki and Jinki Extend.??? can someone scan both so i can see the difference.
Closed Thread