AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 10:18   Link #101
AnymX

As expected from Bones the animation was A+ and I really like these funky character designs. Reminds me of Eureka 7...

Spoiler for Episode 1...:

Anyway onwards to the next episode I say...

Last edited by AnymX; 2010-04-01 at 10:27. Reason: meh spelling mistakes...
AnymX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 10:41   Link #102
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Not available in my region. ;_;

Heroman's main website, in the movie section has Stan Lee's comment of the week for the first episode.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 11:12   Link #103
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

For some reason, this felt more like an American origin story than a Japanese one. Maybe that is what they are going for?

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Oh, and then there was this
Spoiler for Guess Who?:

Old 2010-04-01, 11:55   Link #104
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Awesome first episode was awesome. Loved the animation quality, the character designs, the music, and of course the mecha. I eagerly look forward to more.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 12:07   Link #105
matt9013

I'm new here so I don't know if I can ask but is any group subbing this show? Not sure if you can answer or not since It's on crunchroll.
matt9013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 12:49   Link #106
Ichiban Hayai

The animation was top notch but I didn't like the voice acting. It seemed too plain and unemotional for most of the main characters.

and...
Spoiler for guest star:
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 12:55   Link #107
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^
Spoiler for guest star:
Old 2010-04-01, 13:22   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
and...
Spoiler for guest star:
Pfft. It was 100% expected.
Old 2010-04-01, 13:31   Link #109
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I agree with both Arabesque and Shiroth. It wouldn't have been right without him.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 14:00   Link #110
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Spoiler:

Anyway, as for the first episode itself, it was alright. I can't say I'm dying for the second one because it wasn't nearly as exciting as I was expecting it to be, but considering they're probaly going for 24+ episodes, it's alright to start slowly and develop their characters a bit. Seems like next episode we'll be getting to start of the real story, so I'm bracing to see how that will go.

Also, I've said this before, but Lina is just too damn cute. ;_;
Old 2010-04-01, 14:08   Link #111
Iron Maw
Banned

So, am I the only one who thinks that Joey might be this season next Hideyoshi?

Anyway, the first episode was pretty decent, art and animation was the most standout thing for me followed by music then setting. Contentwise the first ep was mostly standard fare as expected, but while I'm not yet sold on the plot and characters I'll give time to expand some with upcoming episodes.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-01 at 14:25.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 14:18   Link #112
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So, am I the only one who thanks that Joey might be this season next Hideyoshi?
I was just on /a/...no you are not. There are at least 8 threads lusting over him in a fanboyish manner. I think he is made girly on purpose; check out how he is dressed- even his figure is girlish.

I really enjoyed this episode: it reminded me of when I used to watch superhero cartoons on Saturday mornings...I look forward to more
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 14:27   Link #113
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
I was just on /a/...no you are not. There are at least 8 threads lusting over him in a fanboyish manner. I think he is made girly on purpose; check out how he is dressed- even his figure is girlish.

I really enjoyed this episode: it reminded me of when I used to watch superhero cartoons on Saturday mornings...I look forward to more
Okay, since nobody mentioned how girly he looked, I thought I was the only one seeing things.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 14:58   Link #114
_gallo_

The animation of the first episode was surely good, but i don't think i will stick to the show till the end, given that it could be longer than 26 eps. I mean, it's a well crafted anime with a cute and roundish design, i liked the funky haircuts of the leading characters, but aside from that, it's not really interesting to me.

(oh come on Bones, come up with a very strong project so that i can regain hope in you! ><)

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 15:24   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 15:33   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Okay, since nobody mentioned how girly he looked, I thought I was the only one seeing things.
I spent about two years (ever since the first artwork was released) thinking he was a girl so... yeah, you're not the only one. I was still secretely hoping he'd turn out to be a girl...
Old 2010-04-01, 15:36   Link #117
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed that. Loved the lead girl's -- I mean guy's -- voice, which is by a little-known 20-year-old actress/model called Komatsu Mikako.

The animation is so clean, and the story unrolled very crisply -- at least until about halfway through, when things seemed to me to slow down to suit the young audience the show is aimed it, even as the action was heating up.

I also liked the lead girl character, played by new voice talent Obata Mayu (18), who has already done some dubbing and commercial voice-overs. Not that I didn't like it, but it sounds as if Kimura Ryouhei (Psy; he plays Takizawa in Eden of the East) has only one voice.

Not my kind of show, I guess, but an enjoyable first episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-01 at 16:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:18   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Did you miss me calling him adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was still secretely hoping he'd turn out to be a girl...
No.
Old 2010-04-01, 16:35   Link #119
mpt37

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2010-04-01, 17:06   Link #120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Pfft. It was 100% expected.
Yeah let's face it, we are talking about Stan Lee. Was pretty sure he'd manage to get himself into a scene somewhere. Still Joey is taking a big risk, not giving the guy who created you a refill is risking your future .

Spoiler for Ep1:

Tags
bones, mecha