AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-26, 20:35   Link #21181
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

EEEEK! Don't change Tsukune! I like all the potential he has!

Cyclops is just too limited, even if scary powerful.
Old 2011-10-26, 23:37   Link #21182
Shadow5YA

Tsukune already has changed a lot. He's really different from how he was at the very beginning of the series.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:53   Link #21183
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

True, he's got a lot more confidence now.

Oh and you know he's not human anymore either hohum... lol
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 20:07   Link #21184
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Tsukune may be different physically, but mentally and emotionally, he is still just a young high-schooler dealing with his first love (lets ignore the harem, he certainly does ). DON'T change that, please!
Old 2011-10-28, 20:17   Link #21185
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboy8888 View Post
Tsukune may be different physically, but mentally and emotionally, he is still just a young high-schooler dealing with his first love (lets ignore the harem, he certainly does ). DON'T change that, please!
Psh... I saw Tsukune blush when he talked about that kiss Kurumu gave him.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 21:28   Link #21186
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Psh... I saw Tsukune blush when he talked about that kiss Kurumu gave him.
Yeah, she did steal a march on the vampire! There is going to be a very large cat-fight when this arc is done! However, since she qualified as along the lines of first-aid, I believe Tsukune wil eventually shrug it off and make a beline for Moka once again.
Old 2011-10-29, 13:57   Link #21187
khprincessh

so everyone whats going on so far in the manga so school keeps me very busy
Old 2011-10-29, 14:07   Link #21188
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
so everyone whats going on so far in the manga so school keeps me very busy
My summary: Tsukune and girls arrive at FT HQ to save Moka, we learn that Gyokuro is a cult leader and the crazy leader of Fairy Tale, she suspects Tsukune and girls and starts raising hell at the rally and Tsukune does some crazy youjutsu shit and suprises Gyokuro and thus she vows to kill him and the girls, Akua is still batshit crazy about ending the world with her grandfather (Alucard) and what not, Moka is being used to awake him, and Tsukune and girls encounter some crazy guy called Raika to which Ruby owns with an awesome armor and such and then thats about it
Old 2011-10-29, 17:10   Link #21189
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Uh, no.. she doesn't own him. she just pulls the main cast + gender card on his but XD
Old 2011-10-29, 20:30   Link #21190
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uh, no.. she doesn't own him. she just pulls the main cast + gender card on his but XD
Well, all i have to say is GO RUBY! XD
Old 2011-10-29, 20:47   Link #21191
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
More like she pulls out all the stops and lays her life on the line... someone get that girl to a medic, stat! (sure she walked away from it, but she's not doing any more fighting for some time)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:38   Link #21192
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Ew, I don't want Moka to become Phoenix. Tsukune is getting dangerously close to match Cyclops brooding, and that would suck majorly. I wish they would end this arc already to go back to the harem antics that made me love this series at the start.
I agree with you on this. I preferred the series when it was a more light-hearted romantic comedy with some action elements. Now it's gone all action and angsty. While I don't mind the manga getting serious once in a while, this arc seems to be going on forever. The only explanation I can think of is that it's the final arc of the manga, so the mangaka is trying to drag it out as long as possible by going into "standard shounen procrastinate mode". Each character will have their fight and with this cast... It'll be a long time before it finishes. Drawn-out action like that doesn't work too well in a monthly series... I remember Maken-ki's year long "get up the stairs" arc. Can't even go near that manga anymore.
Old 2011-10-30, 01:32   Link #21193
Chris38

Honestly, I doubt the current arc is the final arc of this manga, since there are too many plot points left, to resolve them in a single arc, in my opinion at least.

Now, I doubt that we will see everyone from Tsukune's team fighting it one on one against the Fairy Tail leader's, who apart from Miyabi are generally unimportant to the main plot of the story.

After all, in case you have forgotten Alucard has already started to awaken, so Tsukune and the rest of the crew don't have a lot of time to save Moka - and after putting a scene like that, I don't think that Ikeda is the kind of author who would delay the progression of this arc's main plot just to put some, well meaningless fights (which, is what I would think about the one on one fights against the Fairy Tale's leaders, if they where going to continue ).
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 01:50   Link #21194
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I agree with you on this. I preferred the series when it was a more light-hearted romantic comedy with some action elements. Now it's gone all action and angsty. While I don't mind the manga getting serious once in a while, this arc seems to be going on forever. The only explanation I can think of is that it's the final arc of the manga, so the mangaka is trying to drag it out as long as possible by going into "standard shounen procrastinate mode". Each character will have their fight and with this cast... It'll be a long time before it finishes. Drawn-out action like that doesn't work too well in a monthly series... I remember Maken-ki's year long "get up the stairs" arc. Can't even go near that manga anymore.
Don't get me started on this whole maken-ki thing KLG. I don't wanna start saying that R+V's author should stick to just making ahegao hentai versions of the series just like Maken-ki's author just because they're more interesting and to the point compared to their current projects.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 08:42   Link #21195
Tachibana
タチバナ

The Arc is going very well, i'm not surprised that it's going to be a long Arc that much was obvious from the beginning, with Alucard awakening as well as him no doubtedly being the final boss, this Arc is definitely going to be a long one, with 1 subdivision leader down, leaving 4 to go excluding Miyabi, things will get good after those 4 leaders are defeated. If this Arc is the last one with Alucard as the final baddie, than i don't have any problems with it, but Ikeda is going to take us for one hell of a ride before he ends this series or perhaps after this Arc, he will do another Arc which will bring the series to an happy ending, the Moka and Tsukune french kiss part of course or mabye it will be in the Rescue Moka Arc, who knows
Old 2011-10-30, 08:49   Link #21196
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
The Arc is going very well, i'm not surprised that it's going to be a long Arc that much was obvious from the beginning, with Alucard awakening as well as him no doubtedly being the final boss, this Arc is definitely going to be a long one, with 1 subdivision leader down, leaving 4 to go excluding Miyabi, things will get good after those 4 leaders are defeated. If this Arc is the last one with Alucard as the final baddie, than i don't have any problems with it, but Ikeda is going to take us for one hell of a ride before he ends this series or perhaps after this Arc, he will do another Arc which will bring the series to an happy ending, the Moka and Tsukune french kiss part of course or mabye it will be in the Rescue Moka Arc, who knows
As long as this happens I will have no complaints The only question is if it's one kiss moment for both Moka's or "only" one with Ultimate-Moka (should a personality merger actually happen, that is).
As for the next opponent: I hope that Mizore will fight this one because she needed a power-up and as with Ruby should have the opportunity to demonstrate it.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 09:13   Link #21197
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
As long as this happens I will have no complaints The only question is if it's one kiss moment for both Moka's or "only" one with Ultimate-Moka (should a personality merger actually happen, that is).
As for the next opponent: I hope that Mizore will fight this one because she needed a power-up and as with Ruby should have the opportunity to demonstrate it.
Well, whether or not Ikeda chooses to merge or keep them seperate, both outcomes i'm fine with of course, no objections here

As for Mizore... GO HER!

I to wanna see Mizore fight, but i wonder what Yukari's fight will be like
Old 2011-10-30, 10:29   Link #21198
Chris38

Well, even if Alucard is going to awaken in the current arc (which is possible), I don't see the protagonist's being powerful enough to be able to defeat him, without either pulling a gigantic a**pull or seriously weakening Alucard's strength - since after such a build up that Alucard was given, even a seriously weakened Alucard should be able to defeat Tsukune and Moka who are logically infants compared to a 200 year's old vampire (at least, but Alucard is most likely older, since he's considered as the oldest vampire - I would say that Alucard has already lived for 1000 years, maybe he is even older then that ) .

Either way, if Alucard would be defeated in the current arc, I would be pretty disappointed and probably wouldn't have such an high opinion about Ikeda's writing skills that I currently have, so I hope that he's not going to go in that direction.

So, if Alucard is going to be the final boss of the series, since the author doesn't have any logical or believable way of making the protagonists be capable of defeating him in the current arc, it should be enough to say that the current arc won't be the last arc of this manga - I'm not even sure if Alucard is going to awaken in the current arc, and even if he will he will probably "go into hiding" , since he won't be strong enough to destroy the human world, not to mention that, there still some matter's that have been left unresolved, like the matter of the "egg" planted in the Yuki Onna village (and apparently some other places as well), what is going on within the Shuzen family, and some other matters as well.

In other words, I believe there is still enough material to continue this manga for some time, and since Ikeda continues to add new plot elements, like for example separating the Fairy Tale organization into two fractions, the revelation that Outer Moka is an "artificial personality" or the whole matter of "Shinso vampires", which has also been recently (in the previous arc) introduced - it seems that Ikeda hasn't lost interest in his story as well.
Old 2011-10-30, 11:21   Link #21199
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well, Alucard isn't truly unstoppable as some may believe, for all we know being sealed for 200 years might have weaken him greatly to the point of where our current heros have a chance to defeat him, Akasha did say that Alucard was trying to satisfy his centuries hunger in moka's flashbacks, of course i hope thats not the case though, i'm hoping our heros will defeat Alucard at his full power, i know sounds impossible right? no its not, Alucard like every other typical final boss will have overwhelming power, but the heros will find a way to beat him, even in the current Arc, let's just wait and see on how Ikeda will play things out, and i doubt Ikeda will overlook anything, considering how great his series is, this series by far is my favorite when it comes to humans and youkai ever since Yu Yu Hakusho, which i now have the entire series
Old 2011-10-30, 11:46   Link #21200
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Well, Alucard isn't truly unstoppable as some may believe, for all we know being sealed for 200 years might have weaken him greatly to the point of where our current heros have a chance to defeat him, Akasha did say that Alucard was trying to satisfy his centuries hunger in moka's flashbacks, of course i hope thats not the case though, i'm hoping our heros will defeat Alucard at his full power, i know sounds impossible right? no its not, Alucard like every other typical final boss will have overwhelming power, but the heros will find a way to beat him, even in the current Arc, let's just wait and see on how Ikeda will play things out, and i doubt Ikeda will overlook anything, considering how great his series is, this series by far is my favorite when it comes to humans and youkai ever since Yu Yu Hakusho, which i now have the entire series
Well, in Moka's flashback, which occurred, well about 7 years ago, hasn't weakened that much, he still had instant regeneration and even someone as strong as Akasha had to get serious against him, and still haven't managed to completely defeat him and at the current point, I still think that Moka and Tsukune are still weaker then Akasha.

So, I don't a few years of slumber would weaken him that much in fact he might have regained some of his previous strength, since he had absorbed Akasha into his body - while I still hope that she managed to survive that in someway, it still might have sustained Alucard's hunger.

We will have to wait and see how Ikeda is going to continue the story, but for now I don't see anyway on how Alucard can be defeated, and even if they find a way to destroy him, it's not like Ikeda can pull something like that, out of nowhere, so there is still going to be an arc dedicated on Tsukune and Moka finding Alucard's weak points or developing some power (their Shinso blood, which has still been undeveloped, and we still don't know what kind of power it gives to it's users, since I still believe that Shinso vampires have some abilities that normal vampires can't use ) - personally, I don't think that Alucard is going to be defeated until Moka and Tsukune (along with the rest of the team) graduate from Youkai Academy - and decide what they want to do in the future, and there is still an entire school year (manga time), ahead of them, before that happens.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire