1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-27, 01:05   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Rider and other servants are aware that the purpose of summoning them is to win the Grail War. It is more of a duty though as they are bound by contract (command spells) with their master . Not every servant desires the Grail. In F/Z I think very few really care about the Grail itself. Saber wants it to reverse her past mistakes. Gilgamesh kinda wants it because he believes the Grail is rightfully his. Rider and Lancer are fighting for their respective masters. Caster doesn't care. We don't know about Assassin. And Berserker is not sane enough to think about it.
This is pretty accurate, I think.

I also think that at least some of the servants simply like the idea of challenging themselves against other legendary historical figures. For them, the competition is an end unto itself, entirely separate from the Holy Grail that comes from winning the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
It was made obscenely obvious. He wants to conquer the world and go back to Macedonia in triumph. It wasn't a joke.
Right. Rider's lines aren't funny because he's joking, they're funny because he means every word. It's a definite case of "It's funny because it's true". For example, when Rider compared Bill Clinton to Darius III, he wasn't joking around. He meant it, and that's why it's funny, imo.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:16   Link #82
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Rider and other servants are aware that the purpose of summoning them is to win the Grail War. It is more of a duty though as they are bound by contract (command spells) with their master . Not every servant desires the Grail. In F/Z I think very few really care about the Grail itself. Saber wants it to reverse her past mistakes. Gilgamesh kinda wants it because he believes the Grail is rightfully his. Rider and Lancer are fighting for their respective masters. Caster doesn't care. We don't know about Assassin. And Berserker is not sane enough to think about it.
Rider does want the grail for a pretty simple reason.

Pretty much all Assassins ever summoned want the grail because they wanted to be acknowledged by the world after a lifetime of being unknown.

As for Berserker, he still desires something even in madness.

Caster just thought that he already had the grail (dunno if his thoughts changed in the recent episodes)

Lancer does have wish to be granted. And it have to do with what he fails to do in life. The wish is simple enough that the grail isn't really needed.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:19   Link #83
Ragna92

I definitely can't wait till the next episode.. RIN!!!!!
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:19   Link #84
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right. Rider's lines aren't funny because he's joking, they're funny because he means every word. It's a definite case of "It's funny because it's true". For example, when Rider compared Bill Clinton to Darius III, he wasn't joking around. He meant it, and that's why it's funny, imo.
Don't know if serious or wanting to headbutt.

I've no clue who Danius the 3rd is. My history is horrible, and all I have to say for bill Clinton is he did not have sexual relations with that servant.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:20   Link #85
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Holy shit. That was some heavy stuff. Not quite sure why Poor Kayneth. I bet his heart was hurting more than his body. Sola scared me, breaking his finger, damn. Yanderes are always entertaining though, lol.

Waver was impressive this episode too. Using alchemy and being man enough to see what was in the tunnel.

Assassin sure did screw up...lol.

And Rin next week!? That's going to be one hell of a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Another victim to the Love spot... Can't really blame Sola-Ul though, Diarmund's curse is too strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
A mage of Sola's level should be able to resist the love spot fairly easily actually. Sola just didn't care I'd say.
Unless there is a direct and intended cast to counter the curse, I believe any human is susceptible to it. And I think it's safe to say that they didn't have a counter at the ready when they summoned Lancer.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-11-27 at 09:33.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:26   Link #86
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
BTW here's the art from the Fate/Zero Tribute Works, I think that judging from this this picture can be at least slitly canonical.
Spoiler for UGW:
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:30   Link #87
Akarin

Kiritsugu is doing better job as assassin than servant assassin.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:31   Link #88
jonli
JONLIの憂'

So...

In the novel version Sola actually twists OFF Kayneth's finger? Whore...

As for piano strings made of humans, and notes made of screams. We are to assume some of the "art" is actually still alive when Rider vaporized them this episode? I mean I wouldn't want to live afterwards either, but if some of them are still alive I'd try to save them with some magic voodoo healing (or listen to their last prayers).

Just took a look at the picture, oh my...a little baby too?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:40   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
So...

As for piano strings made of humans, and notes made of screams. We are to assume some of the "art" is actually still alive when Rider vaporized them this episode? I mean I wouldn't want to live afterwards either, but if some of them are still alive I'd try to save them with some magic voodoo healing (or listen to their last prayers).

Spoiler for form the novel:

simply put, Casters magic the only thing keeping of the victims alive. Rider's power isn't for healing and weaver doesn't have the skill. Modern medicine isn't enough the only Magus with the power and skill to save even one victim is Tokiomi, Iris and Sola. No one not even Iris is going to abandon the war to save people they don't know.

Also, Alex is general and a soldier. When your comrade is wounded badly in the battlefield, you are expected to give them mercy.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:42   Link #90
Goddess Madoka
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
So...

Speaking of the Instrumental "Organs", there's always the Blu-ray...

I like how we are all (or is it just me?) looking forward to the uncensored version (in a non pervasive way) for once. 0_0.
Goddess Madoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:00   Link #91
Vicious108

Quote:
I also doubt Kari will be doing anything that can provide him with sufficient prana. Bless his heart, for a guy that looks as evil as his servant, he has a heart of gold.
I wouldn't be so sure any more. He certainly did in the first episode, but, as episode 5 showed us, some of Berserker's madness seems to be spreading onto him. We should get a further glimpse of his current state of mind in the next episode, so we'll know for sure then, I suppose.

Quote:
It was made obscenely obvious. He wants to conquer the world and go back to Macedonia in triumph. It wasn't a joke.
Rider doesn't seem to be the type that would enjoy simply wishing the world to be conquered through the grail though. He seems to take great pleasure in the act of conquering itself, so I doubt he would seriously consider using the grail to just wish it done. Hell, in episode 5 he proposed Saber and Lancer join him in that quest and if that were to happen it would likely become impossible to attain the grail, since there would still be three Servants around.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:13   Link #92
rpgman1

Good episode so far. Poor Kayneth, now he has to give up his Command Seals to Sola. For her, she has interests in Lancer but he doesn't care about her. As for Lancer himself, looks like he is reliving the past again. Waver and Rider are a great duo anyway despite being opposites. That was quite disturbing in the sewer scene, but it was censored. Building up momentum for a big battle in the future.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:17   Link #93
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post

I like how we are all (or is it just me?) looking forward to the uncensored version (in a non pervasive way) for once. 0_0.
I'm also waiting for dvd/bluray because from the past couple of episode that is showing how wild caster and his master is. It's only black and couple of columns

Being a lancer has always ended up in pitiful state.
Old 2011-11-27, 02:54   Link #94
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post

Why is this reminding me of the Blood C anime where people wanted to see the uncensored gore action rising up. Or it's probably the way you worded it with the "non-pervasive way". Where people wanted to see all the gory glory...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-11-27 at 05:35. Reason: can we at least avoid such kind of comments?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 03:36   Link #95
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"I'd never think he'd be this boring"

That summarizes so much. Kirei's thinking. "Damn, if you could bore people to death, nobody could ever beat Tokiomi."

Nice breather episode; more Rider goodness, but I think they spent a bit too much time with the seal transfer though the Lancer backstory's always good to have. 7/10

Can't really blame the censorship; blame the censors for that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:08   Link #96
Acadia

Great ep. Now my question is this. To pay back Sola for giving up his command symbols, do you think Kayneth would suck it up a little and work with Waver-kun in cornering Sola to get the commands back to him? I mean, there was supposed to be this whole Waver-Kayneth battle and it kinda sucks how this all ended up. There was a major point to be made between those too and now seems all for nothing with this latest development.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:30   Link #97
Goddess Madoka
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Great ep. Now my question is this. To pay back Sola for giving up his command symbols, do you think Kayneth would suck it up a little and work with Waver-kun in cornering Sola to get the commands back to him? I mean, there was supposed to be this whole Waver-Kayneth battle and it kinda sucks how this all ended up. There was a major point to be made between those too and now seems all for nothing with this latest development.
Sola and Kayneth will be dealt with... I won't say anything else other than that.
All I can say is, it will be awesome and downright brutal.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:59   Link #98
iBeast

EK is such badass... he doesn't even give a fuck about Saber "I'm going after Kayneth."

Lancer is just too good looking for his own good...

And once again no action from Gilgamesh... imagined if EK or Melloi was Gilgamesh's master... this war would already be over.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:26   Link #99
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Come to think of it, does Kiritsugu even have a plan against Lancer? Clearly he is no match for someone who can block bullets with a spear.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:42   Link #100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay, this is going to be the last warning since some of you don't seem to understand the guidelines we were keeping thorough for this series:
Any mention disclosing information from F/SN whatsoever is completely forbidden. You are free to comment about Zero lancer, but involving points and comparison with SN lancer is off limits, especially when such comments give huge hints regarding what happen with the latter (things went to the point even SN and HA parts were mentioned).

Likewise, even though Saber and Gil are a huge topic of discussions, likewise, do not disclose anything past Zero context.

From now on, we will apply enforced spoiler rules: any spoiler will lead to an outright 1 day ban, combined with the warning/infraction.
Keep the talk about SN out of there and use the spoiler thread instead.