AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 07:33   Link #781
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyanime View Post
why would you throw something like that away in your own trash....lol not a good idea.
Do you really think someone is going to actually go through his trash and find the clothes?
Old 2013-04-21, 07:39   Link #782
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Do you really think someone is going to actually go through his trash and find the clothes?
How is trash processed in Japan? Burnable vs unburnable?
Old 2013-04-21, 11:45   Link #783
Solafighter
Hige

The drawing style fits the story perfectly. It doesn't have such high saturation, as the most animes most days. It shows the not-so-nice-looking side of their city with a high detail and precision. I enjoyed the first episodes much, though it does not looking so good for our Kasuga. Instead of taking his thoughts into action, he can't overcome himself of doing so. With a sitation, that started bad is getting worse and worse.
Old 2013-04-21, 14:07   Link #784
Bern-san

The ending is really growing on me. Good episode and things are going to escalate, which is what I want and expect from the show.

It's amusing to watch certain female characters who appear in the background
Despite how much people have criticized Nakamura's face in the first episode, I like the actress and the way she acts with the help of Ise Mariya's performance.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:48   Link #785
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
The key to risk assessment is to look not just at how likely an event is, but how disastrous it'd be if it occurred. There's always a chance that Mrs. Kasuga might find some spoiled meat in the fridge and decide to put it in the trash that's already outside so it won't stink up the house and -- oh look, there's a set of girl's gym clothes in here. Not very likely, but if it happened Kasuga would be in all kinds of trouble, so better to dispose of it somewhere further afield where it can't be linked back to him.

Why he doesn't just toss them in the river, that's another question.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:55   Link #786
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I was going to continue but now that I hear what's going on, I'm kind of shaking in my boots of the possible disturbing thoughts in the subconscious that plays out in the open in this anime. I'm afraid that I will be scarred for life. Maybe I'll just run away like a little girl.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 04:45   Link #787
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well, he feels guilty and thinks everyone's watching him. He can't think rationally because his mind is in panic mode, "oh shit oh shit what if anyone sees me, I can't let anyone see me." Especially since he can't be sure Nakamura is not stalking him now. That's probably also why he's running around in alleys instead of going up to the river or cycling to the forest - anyone could spot him and think he's being suspicious.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 04:57   Link #788
Aoken
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote:
Quote:
Burn the clothes or put it in a plastic barrel filled with hydrofluoric acid.
Aoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 05:46   Link #789
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I think another part is that he might fear that Nakamura will tell anyone about his crime, even though she told him he wouldn't, if he were to throw them away. By keeping them, he may think that, at the very least, he'll still be bound by her 'contract' and that she won't spill the beans.

I personally think he should've just tossed them in the river when she was leaving for home, but the thought apparently didn't cross his mind.
Old 2013-04-22, 14:01   Link #790
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Quote:
The key to risk assessment is to look not just at how likely an event is, but how disastrous it'd be if it occurred. There's always a chance that Mrs. Kasuga might find some spoiled meat in the fridge and decide to put it in the trash that's already outside so it won't stink up the house and -- oh look, there's a set of girl's gym clothes in here. Not very likely, but if it happened Kasuga would be in all kinds of trouble, so better to dispose of it somewhere further afield where it can't be linked back to him.

He could put the clothes in the middle or bottom of the trash pile in the can/bag. So if you look into it, you won't see it. You'd only see it if you physically dug into the trash.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 15:18   Link #791
Solafighter
Hige

I re-watched the first episode in the background and I have to add, that the talk of the people is very natural. It feels really casual and real. This adds a lot of the whole impact of this series. I'm not to sure about the plot, but in terms of quality and such, this series is so far, well done.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:19   Link #792
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
He could put the clothes in the middle or bottom of the trash pile in the can/bag. So if you look into it, you won't see it. You'd only see it if you physically dug into the trash.
Yeah, but what happens if the dustbinmen drop the bin and everything spills out?

I think something people are forgetting is that Kasuga is not being rational about this. He's panicky, he's fearing what might happen if his friends, the school, or his parents find out what he's done. He's not thinking rationally about how to get rid of the evidence.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 15:54   Link #793
Kirarakim

I do get that Kasuga is not being rational, it's just easier to buy when he actually looks like a kid like he does in the manga.

I kind of understand why they didnt want to use real kids for this type of series but it actually takes away from the realism the rotoscoping portrayed.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:09   Link #794
kuromitsu

To me he looks like a teenager (how old is his actor, anyway?). Not 13 year olds, sure, but I have no difficulty seeing them as ~15.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:33   Link #795
Kirarakim

To me there is just a disconnect with the way the characters look and the way they are acting.

This is why it is easier for me to buy in the manga because they look much younger than how they appear in the anime.

Although don't get me wrong I am not trying to say I prefer the manga, just certain scenes work better for me there.
Old 2013-04-23, 08:58   Link #796
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
To me he looks like a teenager (how old is his actor, anyway?). Not 13 year olds, sure, but I have no difficulty seeing them as ~15.
The actor is 19, but I'd say he can pass off as younger.
Old 2013-04-23, 19:15   Link #797
Guitaraholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
some cosplay
Spoiler for cosplay:

Anyone know who this is or why I get the feeling that in real life she might actually be tormenting some poor, sad young man?

Last edited by Guitaraholic; 2013-04-25 at 09:37.
Guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 11:44   Link #798
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This show works great as a dark comedy. Episode 3 is definitely no exception.

Some of the character actions are so over-the-top, and so enabled by totally contrived circumstances, that I simply can't take the show that seriously.

So as a dark comedy, it really works marvelously.

Kasuga also hits just the right degree of pretentious screwball. He's interesting, but not particularly likeable, so it's darkly amusing to see him get so comprehensively screwed around with by the plot in general, and Nakamura in particular.

I can't buy them as middle-schoolers though. They don't look like mddle-schoolers at all. They look like high schoolers on the verge of graduating to me.

Also, either Nakamura is impressively strong, or Kasuga is a bit of a weakling. She completely stripped him in no time flat.
Old 2013-04-25, 12:02   Link #799
Guitaraholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can't buy them as middle-schoolers though. They don't look like mddle-schoolers at all. They look like high schoolers on the verge of graduating to me.
I'm with you there. Although I'm fine with the belief that they're high schoolers. I know they aren't in the manga, but does it ever explicitly state that they are middle schoolers in the anime? I choose to believe they're older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, either Nakamura is impressively strong, or Kasuga is a bit of a weakling. She completely stripped him in no time flat.
I think he was A) stunned by the fact she jumped him and B) is indeed a bit of a weakling. I thought that scene was great, especially thinking about how they did that Live.

Kasuga is just very very pathetic. I don't really feel bad for him or sympathize with him. I think Nakamura is just the thing he needs. Something to get him out of his "loser" phase (if it even is a phase). By the end of the last episode there's already a degree of change in him for standing up for her. Maybe he's a Sadist and doesn't know it yet.

I still think Nakamura is highly disturbed though.

Last edited by Guitaraholic; 2013-04-25 at 12:16.
Guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 15:03   Link #800
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Yeah, but what happens if the dustbinmen drop the bin and everything spills out?

I think something people are forgetting is that Kasuga is not being rational about this. He's panicky, he's fearing what might happen if his friends, the school, or his parents find out what he's done. He's not thinking rationally about how to get rid of the evidence.
There's no perfect way to get rid of her clothes. I thought most of his fear stemmed from physically holding onto and being "connected" to her clothes. He just needed to ditch it ASAP. The longer he held onto it, the worse he got and he was running with it in broad daylight.

Like a poster said, being between pathetic and being physically dominated, to not thinking straight, he's getting a real trial by fire here. If he manages to get even worse, then... well... this might be the most depressing MC I've seen in a while.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avantgarde, romance