AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 13:47   Link #241
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Just curious, but how do you guys know if the sales 'ultra-flopped' or not?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 14:10   Link #242
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Just curious, but how do you guys know if the sales 'ultra-flopped' or not?
There's a Japanese company called oricon that tracks sales like NPD does for video games in the US, the numbers are usually posted on sites like MAL.

Crime edge V1 sold just 346 copies which to be frank will probably mean it'll be one of the worst selling shows this year.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 17:21   Link #243
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
There's a Japanese company called oricon that tracks sales like NPD does for video games in the US, the numbers are usually posted on sites like MAL.

Crime edge V1 sold just 346 copies which to be frank will probably mean it'll be one of the worst selling shows this year.
Thanks. Sucks to hear that but hopefully this adaption will help boost sales for the manga (like Nichijou and other adaptions that didn't sell too well at first).
Old 2013-06-27, 18:07   Link #244
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post

Hmm ... a pity, tho I must admit that while I am kinda disappointed I am also not surprised. This is definitely a ... erm ... in many ways directly challenging series that is definitely not in harmony with the series that sell well, but it is also challenging in a way that is not necessarily easy to describe. Like (if you forgive the pun) "cutting edge art" that is actually art and not just aiming for "shock value".

And for me the series was exactly like that - a work of art that disturbs and consoles at the same time and puts you (again, sorry for the pun) on edge. And by that very fact it stirs one to reflect and think about many things.

At least imo it did. And for me it definitely made the series the best of the season. ^^
Old 2013-06-27, 18:54   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If these numbers are accurate, Crime Edge is by far the biggest deviation from forecast in stalker history. Either Oricon screwed up, someone intentionally trolled the stalker #s for Crime Edge in a very sophisticated manner, or it's the most Amazon-heavy anime ever.

In any event, it certainly speaks to the depressing state of anime fandom this days. The two best shows of the year so far are both commercial disasters.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:18   Link #246
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If these numbers are accurate, Crime Edge is by far the biggest deviation from forecast in stalker history. Either Oricon screwed up, someone intentionally trolled the stalker #s for Crime Edge in a very sophisticated manner, or it's the most Amazon-heavy anime ever.

In any event, it certainly speaks to the depressing state of anime fandom this days. The two best shows of the year so far are both commercial disasters.
It stalker can be manipulated like that, it isn't just a problem for knowing what's going to sell what. It means we could be seeing intentional manipulation of pre-sale numbers, running up production runs. That could be a problem with big consequences to companies in the future.

The Stalker numbers did seem a little high for this type of show. I was expecting Sankarea/Dusk Maiden of Amnesia numbers. So 1.5k to 2k total. Under 400 actually seems odd. While a niche series, there's still enough for a number of niches. Maybe it was also a victim of the season it was in?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:53   Link #247
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Loved the series.
WE NEED SEASON TWO.

Quote:
And for me the series was exactly like that - a work of art that disturbs and consoles at the same time and puts you (again, sorry for the pun) on edge. And by that very fact it stirs one to reflect and think about many things.

At least imo it did. And for me it definitely made the series the best of the season. ^^
Agree completely!
Old 2013-06-27, 21:58   Link #248
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this was a nice series Iwai and Emily look like sister at then end as well as the Witchie really got a nice butt

7/10 it would be nice to get anther season or at less a movie to finish this
Old 2013-06-27, 22:36   Link #249
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Does anyone know when the OST is gonna get released?
Old 2013-06-28, 10:25   Link #250
AP24

That teaser at the end tells us it may get another season someday. Hopefully it will.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:49   Link #251
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
That teaser at the end tells us it may get another season someday. Hopefully it will.
That would take a miracle. And given that I got more shows I want a miracle to happen for, I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.

And that's a shame, as I really liked this show.
Old 2013-06-29, 02:25   Link #252
Dawnstorm

My one hope is that it's been conceptualised as a split cour from the get-go. So, if we don't get season 2 in autumn, I doubt we'll ever get one.

If anything's less likely than a second season, it's a dvd release in my region (Europe). *Sigh* I can buy Sword Art Online and Blood C and Guilty Crown... It's like someone looked through my MAL account to find out what I liked least. *Big Sigh*

Things I loved about the show:

- The colours and art
- The music
- The chemistry between Iwai and Kiri was outstanding.
- Great balance between creepy and endearing, while not forgetting about humour.

Finally, when I read this thread in General, I had to think about the opening of episode 11. Crime Edge is basically the answer to that thread (heh heh).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 08:02   Link #253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, they can still add a pseudo rape-scene and a french kiss in this series' long list of highly sexual winks. Like others said, this ending is nice. No crappy-rushed anime-original ending, but that teasing of season 2 which most likely won’t happen is just too cruel (reminds me of the teasing at the end of Oda Nobuna). This series is no masterpiece. There’s some plot holes so big I can shove a whole Starfleet through it but still well-executed in some places. I'm really gonna miss this series since I had a good time with it.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-01 at 06:04. Reason: Do NOT post plot points of other series like that!
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:38   Link #254
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
I really enjoyed this series. The show was funny, epic, bad-ass, funny and sweet. I'm in for a second season. The crazy stuff that happened were addicting.
Old 2013-07-01, 00:41   Link #255
Forever
Revealing the truth

I dont think series will sell very well. It does not feel like it will be a series that sells well on the japanese front. And really too much competition this year. Becuz rape sells and sells very well.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-01 at 06:05. Reason: quoted post deleted.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 08:27   Link #256
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
That would take a miracle. And given that I got more shows I want a miracle to happen for, I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.

And that's a shame, as I really liked this show.
Agreed.

Overall, I give it 8/10. I still enjoyed it.
Old 2013-07-03, 00:50   Link #257
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This was a guilty pleasure show for me. I knew it was bad, but damnit, I enjoyed it anyway. The awkward fetishes, the adorable-as-heck Iwai, the ridiculousness of it all... It was just silly but kind of neat in a weird sort of way.

6.5/10
Old 2013-09-08, 17:34   Link #258
tuckersister

http://99mh.com/comic/5422/
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen, supernatural