AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 13:38   Link #3921
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Italy has a advantage in taxes rates though. Last season there was talk that Sneijder would leave Inter for Manchester United, however United could not match Inter's wages after taxes, without paying Sneijder significantly more than Rooney.

I consider it quite likely that RVP wil move to Juventus, as it's the only top team that still needs a striker and is likely to adapt their attack to suit him. Plus they play attacking football and he'd have a good shot at a league title. The CL is a gamble at any club. I doubt Arsenal would want to sell him to another EPL team and rather take a lower offer from Juventus. Robin is also quite sensitive to status, Juve is football royalty while City is...most definitely not.

It's been hard wake up call for Arsenal fans to realize club loyalty only lasts as long as a club has something to offer. RVP's clumsy honesty has kind of backfired I gather.
As long as RVP is demanding 9 mil euros per year as salary Juventus won't make any offer. These are the words of Juventus' CEO, Beppe Marotta. If RVP is willing to cut his wages then yes the switch might become possible, but with that high salary it's pretty much impossible since the club has taken a different direction with player wages (they start "low" and increase depending on the player's performances and achievements).

Besides, as much as I like RVP, if I could pick a striker right now I'd probably go for Cavani, but Napoli will never sell it for anything less than 40 million euros :X
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:00   Link #3922
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
As long as RVP is demanding 9 mil euros per year as salary Juventus won't make any offer. These are the words of Juventus' CEO, Beppe Marotta. If RVP is willing to cut his wages then yes the switch might become possible, but with that high salary it's pretty much impossible since the club has taken a different direction with player wages (they start "low" and increase depending on the player's performances and achievements).

Besides, as much as I like RVP, if I could pick a striker right now I'd probably go for Cavani, but Napoli will never sell it for anything less than 40 million euros :X
Dutch sports media reported that Juventus had an bid of 10m euro on RVP rejected by Arsenal. Was that news false?

Afaik Van Persie is on 90k pound a week, that's around 5.8 mil euro a year atm. Dunno what the cap is at Juventus.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:10   Link #3923
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Dutch sports media reported that Juventus had an bid of 10m euro on RVP rejected by Arsenal. Was that news false?

Afaik Van Persie is on 90k pound a week, that's around 5.8 mil euro a year atm. Dunno what the cap is at Juventus.
Probably anything above 5 mil is considered "too much" in terms of wages... I think Buffon earns 6, but he's been at Juventus for a long time so it's hardly a comparable situation.

If RVP doesn't get too greedy over his wages I'm pretty sure that Conte would love to have him in the team given that he's the kind of striker that would tactically fit with the way the team plays.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:30   Link #3924
Bri

Quote:
Probably anything above 5 mil is considered "too much" in terms of wages... I think Buffon earns 6, but he's been at Juventus for a long time so it's hardly a comparable situation.

If RVP doesn't get too greedy over his wages I'm pretty sure that Conte would love to have him in the team given that he's the kind of striker that would tactically fit with the way the team plays.
5m euro in Italy would match his UK wages given the difference in income taxes. Van Persie claims the decision isn't motivated by money so it may not be beyond the realm of possibility. My impression of his personality is that he would prefer to be the star rather than a bit player for higher wages. Anyway, we'll see what the future brings.

Last edited by Bri; 2012-07-05 at 14:47.
Old 2012-07-05, 15:15   Link #3925
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well they've just approved Goal line technology:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18719396
About time. Both of these systems have been approved today. So, which one's better?

For the World Cup, obviously use both. For any other competition, one, the other, or both.

GoalRef:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rilUXE5-ido

HawkEye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exEHTO-YnuE

No more (or at least, significantly reduce the chance) of these ridiculous errors on goal calls. Sporting requires integrity (not controversy) to be legitimate.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 22:43   Link #3926
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Now Usmanov is bashing Kronke for failing to make RvP extend his contract...
Last year Cesc and Nasri, this year RvP, next year Vermaelen??

Now Arsenal seems to have a curse. Everyone that wear a captain bandarm will leave the club next year...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:30   Link #3927
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

First step to break that curse would be to hand the captain armband over to an English player, imho. You can't expect a foreigner to be loyal, though there are exceptions (Zanetti for Inter), atleast a good starting point would be to get atleast the English players to be loyal to their club.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:08   Link #3928
Bri

That would make Theo Walcott captain by default. He is the only English regular in the squad.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:21   Link #3929
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

First, there is no curse at Arsenal. Second, handing the captain's armband to an English player would change nothing. The only English player close to deserving that honour at the club is Wilshere. And with the way things are going at the club, if he progresses the way he should, City, Chelsea or United could come calling for him in a few seasons and he would likely leave.

Derp. I completely forgot about Walcott. He hasn't developed into the kind of player many thought he would, but he's been the subject of rumours to leave.

The captain nonsense aside, even as an Arsenal fan, I'd be okay with selling RVP this summer. He's ready to move on. The club needs to do the same or risk losing him for nothing next year. There are other quality strikers in the world.
Old 2012-07-07, 21:41   Link #3930
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, they said tony adams was too young for the armband..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:01   Link #3931
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
First step to break that curse would be to hand the captain armband over to an English player, imho. You can't expect a foreigner to be loyal, though there are exceptions (Zanetti for Inter), atleast a good starting point would be to get atleast the English players to be loyal to their club.
I don't think it has much to do with nationality, or even personality of the players. Arsenal has turned from a legit title contender to a competitive selling club, the Udinese of EPL if you like. All they do these days are scouting the good young prospects and sell them for big profits when they become good players.

The different is Udinese has Antonio Di Natale, Arsenal has no one of such status in the team.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:40   Link #3932
Bri

Players that remain with a club throughout their careers are rare at the highest level, especially during hard times.

The exceptions tend to be local born and went through the youth systems, probably developing strong personal ties to the club and city over the years. Examples are players like Totti at Roma, Carragher at Liverpool and King at Tottenham.
Old 2012-07-13, 15:32   Link #3933
Aqua Knight

Old 2012-07-13, 18:30   Link #3934
Elo the Blue

Outside of Henry and Toure, those other players played major roles in the club trophy drought. RVP is especially annoying. He finally puts together a full, quality season and wants to bolt. It's understandable but no less annoying.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:20   Link #3935
Bri

Preseason can sometimes lead to surprising results, but a ref that dives?

Last edited by Bri; 2012-08-15 at 06:54.
Old 2012-08-11, 18:10   Link #3936
Elo the Blue

Six days to the start of the Premiership season! Hoping Arsenal can secure a move for Sahin before the window closes.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 00:46   Link #3937
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no shits were given about mexico winning. any legit european first team would have knocked them out.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-08-12, 04:58   Link #3938
Bri

Concerning the Olympics, I thought it was interesting to see Brazil fail to win with the core of their future WC2014 squad. Quite a bit of talent but it's not really a team yet and their defensively frail. They have a lot of work to do before they will be considered a favorite for their home tournament.
Old 2012-08-12, 21:41   Link #3939
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ha, someone's butthurt at my mexico comment. i don't know too much about the modern brazil squad. but its fair to say that they've been on the decline for the last few years, and their defense has been pretty horrible. i have no doubts that while european teams generally do not as good in south american based world cups, that spain will be able to buck the trend. the core of their team will still be playing, and even if Xavi retires, Cesc is more than able to fill his shoes.

Old 2012-08-13, 01:44   Link #3940
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Six days to the start of the Premiership season! Hoping Arsenal can secure a move for Sahin before the window closes.
And van Persie can sign an extension with Arsenal.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer