AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 29.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-01, 15:46   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-02, 00:39   Link #2
Requiem-x
The slacking one

A tad slow, but fans of a certain doll won't complain.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-02, 01:10   Link #3
Horse

I continue to dislike the musical direction in this show. Especially the lighter and action scenes. Either bloody silence or chill musix. I assume everyone else continues to love it.

The more serious bits are well done as before.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:12   Link #4
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh yea. I missed hearing Tanaka Rie voicing for Suiginto. Now all it needs is her iconic little laugh.

Suiginto seems really calm and composed in this anime compared to the previous first anime where she was a bit more pyscho.
Old 2013-08-02, 02:07   Link #5
Witch of Uncertainty

"Hi there, I'll just grab Megu, here. Kthxbai."
Old 2013-08-02, 02:19   Link #6
StainGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I continue to dislike the musical direction in this show. Especially the lighter and action scenes. Either bloody silence or chill musix. I assume everyone else continues to love it.
It's my biggest gripe too. That and the pacing if this is going to call it quits at 13 episodes.

Otherwise, not much to say about this episode. Oh, it reminds me, manga Megu is a tad annoying, funny how she never appears sick *laughs*.
Art is still holding up, renewed faith in DEEN.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:25   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved Jun's reaction when he saw the mess his room was in. He actually managed to get the dolls to behave and clean up the room for him. He's earned my respect.
Old 2013-08-02, 13:38   Link #8
Archaeon

Suigintou!
Old 2013-08-02, 14:10   Link #9
HandofFate

Suigintou's flashback with Megu was interesting. Didn't know Suigintou takes all the life energy for her contract, curious what the different contracts of the other dolls are like.
Not sure if this was stuff in previous seasons, or its new material and development.

Don't get how this kira-whatever dolls keeps cheating and stealing stuff from every doll, but its starting to annoy me.

I like how older Jun is slowly house-training the dolls. A few more, and Jun will have a doll harem in his little apartment.
Old 2013-08-02, 16:41   Link #10
Subayai

Another great episode. The interaction between Shinku and Suigintou is amusing as always. The whole Megu flashback went by a little fast in my opinion, but it portrayed Megu's personality very well. The contract scene was beautiful.

For the music, I really liked the song that played when Suigintou first appeared. The one during the contract scene was nice too. But the battle music is not as good as the one used in the first series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Didn't know Suigintou takes all the life energy for her contract, curious what the different contracts of the other dolls are like.
It's not just Suigintou. All the dolls take life energy from their masters. Most dolls are careful to not drain ALL the energy from their masters so as not to kill them. Suigintou pretends to be less scrupulous and tries to scare Megu but it has the opposite effect.
Old 2013-08-02, 17:24   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Suigintou's flashback with Megu was interesting. Didn't know Suigintou takes all the life energy for her contract, curious what the different contracts of the other dolls are like.
Not sure if this was stuff in previous seasons, or its new material and development.
It was from the first manga series. I don't know about the anime.
Old 2013-08-02, 18:03   Link #12
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

ahh, I really missed mercury lamp. It's good to see her again.
Old 2013-08-02, 21:11   Link #13
darkxrose

I think the chemistry between Shinku/Suigintou was cute and well done but Megu's angst was quite annoying..
Old 2013-08-02, 21:20   Link #14
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Gin's actually kind of.....I don't want to say nice....but she's hella more subdued in this than in the previous seasons. I kind of like it.

Best part though: Adult Jun makes Gin and Shinku behave themselves. HAAA.

Kira is a trolololololllllllll.....

WHEN IS DESU COMING?
Old 2013-08-03, 10:58   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The war of words between Shinku and Suigintou was very amusing and interesting to watch. You can just feel the seething contempt that they hold for each other. It makes for a compelling feud.

On the whole, Episode 5 was very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I think it fits Ok for now, but I certainly hope they go with more impacting music later on. The action scene in this episode wasn't all that serious, so I don't think it called for much dramatic music. Hopefully when the stakes get higher so will the music volume and intensity.
Old 2013-08-03, 11:15   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah...Suigin is simply pure joy to watch
Old 2013-08-03, 21:27   Link #17
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yaa Suigintou
Old 2013-08-04, 00:21   Link #18
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Gin's actually kind of.....I don't want to say nice....but she's hella more subdued in this than in the previous seasons. I kind of like it.

Best part though: Adult Jun makes Gin and Shinku behave themselves. HAAA.
How do I say this..? Suigintou becoming part of the normal cast to enjoy hijinks like the rest of the dolls is...

It's a dream come true. There's no other way to put it. This is beauty at its peak.

Having Shinku and Suigintou be reduced to at-odds banter because Jun is too old to put up with them making his apartment messy is too much for me. It's too amazing for me to withstand. It doesn't help that they gave Shinku such hilarious faces in this episode. I never suspected I'd see Shinku cleaning because Jun ordered her to.

Suigintou wasn't a character I paid much attention to in previous Rozen Maidens. In this her character became very lovable to me from the moment she appeared. I suspect by the time this is over Suigintou will have elevated to fight over the spot of my favorite maiden.

Shinku's voice actor I had slight complaints about in the past episodes. It sounded to me like Shinku lacked that authoritarian tone that I held so dear about her character. In this series that had been lacking, until now. This episode really did bring back that tone to a degree where Shinku felt very familiar again. During this episode I finally got to say, "That's the Shinku I remember!"
Quote:
WHEN IS DESU COMING?
DG Diddy, you must exhibit some patience desu.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:03   Link #19
Chibikiwi

I liked the episode, I just wish the pacing wasn't so slow..maybe I think that because I read the manga.
Old 2013-08-04, 06:39   Link #20
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was from the first manga series. I don't know about the anime.
In the previous adaptations, Suigintou nearly drained Megu to death while fighting with Shinku, but decided to stop (and lose the fight) once she realized that Megu would die if the fight were to continue. At least, that's how I remember it.

Anyhow. Suigintou-centric episode, what's not to like?
Loved how she fled to the roof and left Shinku to do all the cleaning after Jun snapped. (Very...no, extremely) Deep inside, those two have a soft spot for eachother.

Maybe.
Closed Thread