AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 01:50   Link #221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Given the baggage load.... I'm beginning to think Hiroki is going to end up with
Spoiler:

There really haven't been any episodes I *haven't* enjoyed yet.... just solid stuff.
Old 2006-02-13, 02:51   Link #222
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Given the baggage load.... I'm beginning to think Hiroki is going to end up with
Spoiler:

There really haven't been any episodes I *haven't* enjoyed yet.... just solid stuff.
Wee, nice speculation Hope it happens, cause I'm rooting for Elis Don't get your hopes high about the show, things have a tendency to go wrong after ep 18
Old 2006-02-13, 05:40   Link #223
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Spoiler for meh, not really spoiler, just random musings past ep15:
I'd like that too ^^ For some reasons they just seemed to fit so well together, It was just a episode were every little moment was so great to watch, I loved! when they showed Saya, as a bit of a speed freak in the car with Hiroki but if anything did pop up, I think they will have to change that Hiroki keeps calling her Superintent.

So if It ends with Saya yeh! if not yeh! since, I dont know but.. nearly everytime Hiroki is with one of the girls, the interaction bettewen them is interesting. There aren't really many Wow! moments in the show, but the quailty of the show is Mushishi like. well just to add...
Spoiler for Saya screen shot= love!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Next episode, 16, is about her [Shie Sugihara, the editor lady]. Oh, that must mean we are at episode 15
Spoiler for ok, I won't marr you like I did episode 14 lol:
I thought I was the only thinking about that shot I was thinking the whole time, just how long are they going to spend with the camera there, I mean its not really a fanservice type of show, but when they get some interesting/different shots they just leave the camera there

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-02-13 at 20:32. Reason: ........
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 06:15   Link #224
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Wee, nice speculation Hope it happens, cause I'm rooting for Elis Don't get your hopes high about the show, things have a tendency to go wrong after ep 18
You could be very correct there... You must've seen episode 18, or at least its next episode preview.
Spoiler for Episode 18 spoilers:
Spoiler for Episode 19 from next episode preview:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 06:49   Link #225
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*cough* Or episode 21 *cough*

And episode 15 made me love Saya.
That's the 3rd character in this show (after Hagino and Tomoko) whom I like more than the leads.
I wanted to make some gifs of her but evil-samurai already did. :x
Guess that's another purple-haired girl we both like.

A bit off topic, I bought volume one of the manga and it rocks !
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 06:53   Link #226
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
You could be very correct there... You must've seen episode 18, or at least its next episode preview.
Nah, I just watch the fansubs, so I'm behind. I've seen Shuffle though

@Riker yeah, that one, too
Old 2006-02-13, 08:06   Link #227
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Spoiler for Episode 19 from next episode preview:
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 16:42   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Nah, I just watch the fansubs, so I'm behind. I've seen Shuffle though

@Riker yeah, that one, too
I started wishing the Canvas staff had been writing Shuffle by the end of Nerine/Prim's arc. I think we'd have seen a much more believable finish to Shuffle (even if they'd stuck to the finishing couple). I suppose the Canvas staff could still mess this up but so far I haven't seen hardly a bobble outside of not quite knowing what to do with Yanagi.
Old 2006-02-13, 18:00   Link #229
Srin Tuar
無謀

raws up to now:

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 06:39   Link #230
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
raws up to now:

Spoiler:
Well, Lamune sure took its time, enough to bore some anime fanatics to death. But I liked that slow and easy pace given the way the story was meant to go and the kind of story it had, and I have a feeling Canvas2 is going by a similar route (and I bet To Heart 2 was in a similar situation, hence 13 episodes made it seem cut horribly short).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 08:21   Link #231
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
raws up to now:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 14:17   Link #232
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I suppose what Srin Tuar says is true, but I hadn't really noticed, since I was enjoying the ride so much. This anime moves a lot faster than Lamune (which I also loved), if only because each episode has more incidents, and there is at least a little doubt about the eventual outcome.

It's definitely the interplay of the characters that is most interesting here, though, rather than the progress of the plot. The slow progress, and the twists and turns of feeling, are making the eventual resolutions more emotionally powerful, perhaps. I enjoyed 18, and I'm really looking forward to 19.

As for the relationship between Hiroki and Kiri...
Spoiler for ep18:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 15:10   Link #233
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think the best part about Canvas main characters is that we have 2 adults not a bunch of hormon driven teenager who angst over every little thing. Hiroki had has angst moments in flashback which we should be grateful for.
Old 2006-02-14, 15:55   Link #234
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I think the best part about Canvas main characters is that we have 2 adults not a bunch of hormon driven teenager who angst over every little thing. Hiroki had has angst moments in flashback which we should be grateful for.
Well, maturity is good, especially when it is always so lacking in most main characters.
But that doesnt mean you have to hand in your hormones and the front desk to get issued some maturity.... make a move already hiroki.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 16:16   Link #235
DanielSong39

Maybe Hiroki is waiting for Elis to grow up?

Wouldn't surprise me. The anime seems to be putting more emphasis on the Hiroki-Elis relationship - it's certainly much more dynamic than the Hiroki-Kiri relationship. The latter one looks like it's just going in circles.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 17:55   Link #236
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39

Wouldn't surprise me. The anime seems to be putting more emphasis on the Hiroki-Elis relationship - it's certainly much more dynamic than the Hiroki-Kiri relationship. The latter one looks like it's just going in circles.
i don't think so.

So far in all 18 eps, i haven't seen anything approaching romantic feelings form Hiroki to Elise. Everything I seen so far points to normal brotherly feeling. Notice i highlighted the word normal.

Kiri on the hand has definelty shown quite a bit tenison and both hiroki and kiri are both still trying to come to terms with each other. Now that we have Elise seeing red out of the way. The series is going to focus more on hiroki and Kiri, starting a hot spring trip together alone
Old 2006-02-14, 18:03   Link #237
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I still hope for an Elise ending, but it so happens that what I hope for doesn't occur, and usually for the most stupid reasons Oh well... Not that Kiri's bad or anything.
Old 2006-02-14, 18:04   Link #238
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:

I agree, it has felt like the emphasis has been on Hiroki-Elis, but it doesn't feel like the series holding out for a "wait for Elis to grow up" moment. If Hiroki-Elis is the ending, it kind of feels like it'll have to happen as they are now (age wise), although obviously both will have to get by their mental blocks (red and not painint at all). But to me, Hiroki-Elis has that weird sister/cousin thing going on, which I can't quite get by, and neither could Hiroki. I dunno. It feels like Hiroki-Elis is still a possibility, but it has yet to get that strong. Although they have had "moments" together, one could describe them as non-romantic just as easily as romantic.

Having said that, Hiroki-Kiri had a lot of close moments in the first half of the series, but they have kind of drifted aimlessly since episode 9... There's still a lot left to the Hiroki-Kiri relationship, and it has, to me, always felt the more dynamic and interesting of the two. They have chemistry, but they have so much baggage from their past, that they can't quite seem to move forward, although both of them seem to want to. And there still hasn't been a satisfactory conversation between the two of them since the revelations in episode 13/14 (both about the painting being stolen and the real reason why Hiroki rejected Kiri, which Kiri may suspect, but still does not know), because there have been other things going on (although, thankfully, it's always in the background, always at least being kept alive by reference). There's still things not being said to each other.
Spoiler for Episode 16 spoilers:

Spoiler for Game spoilers - whether it remains true in the anime remains to be seen:

But, the good thing about this series is I know the earlier plot points are not forgotten and will get looked at again (it is especially hard to ignore the confession scene from high school).

Probably because I'm a Kiri fan, it has felt that the series has been kind of drifting since episode 11. To me, the first 11 episodes were very fast, especially compared to other series (for example, Elis confessed in episode 9, and was rejected in episode 10). Then there was that filler episode 12. Episodes 13 and 14, both of which were great, filled out backstory and moved things forward with respect to Hiroki's painting problems (and added new roadblocks to KirixHiroki), and it felt like things were picking up speed again. But then episodes 15-18 (a whole month...) which, although entertaining in their own right, and moved some things forward, felt primarily like sidetracks. The speed thing, I think it comes from revealing a lot of major backstory in episodes 13 and 14, but then switching gears and focusing on something else in subsequent episodes. It's kind of jarring to start dealing with other plot threads, when those threads revealed in episode 13 and 14 are still left dangling (and those threads focused on HirokixKiri, whose relationship has been in the background since then). At least, I think they're still dangling. Maybe I'm wrong.

Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:36   Link #239
DanielSong39

I feel like I'm missing something in the Hiroki-Kiri relationship - maybe much of this was explained in the game, and not the anime? As far as I can tell, they're just running hot and cold. They're good at being nice to each other, but they seem to grow distant whenever things get tougher.

As for episode 19... I'd be scared, if I was a Kiri fan - it's not a good sign that she's firing her best shot so early. After all, Elis will get her turn before this is all over - you can count on that.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:04   Link #240
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
As for episode 19... I'd be scared, if I was a Kiri fan - it's not a good sign that she's firing her best shot so early. After all, Elis will get her turn before this is all over - you can count on that.
*cough*shuffle*cough*

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs