AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-24, 03:21   Link #21021
Betteroffer

The average male mind experiences a thought pertaining to sex once every 6 seconds...

Some men are above average...

As far as Kallen discussion that dosen't involve her sex appeal, another flaw/jerk thing that Kallen did occured to me when I was rewatching some of season one recently.

When on Kamine island with Suzaku, she brings up his father and says something like "Is this what you've become?! The name of Genbu Kururugi the Last Samurai weeps!!"

To me at least, bringing up a dead relative like this is a pretty dick-move for anyone to make, especially considering if Suzaku shot back "What about your brother's dream for you to have a normal school life? Don't you think you're making him roll over in his grave just a wee bit?" she'd have blown three dozen gaskets (I know Suzaku didn't know about this part of her, but if anyone had used that arguement on her she'd be furious).

This is beyond the point that as far as I can see, unless someone actually knew Suzaku had killed Genbu, then him becoming an Honorary Britannian seems like it could be in keeping with Genbu's supposed wishes of protecting the Japanese from excessive hardship. Hardship was inevitable, but Britannia proves that things can always be worse.

Genbu officially gave his life to save Japan from Britannia's wrath. Suzaku being a keeper of the peace is him doing the same in his own way.

EDIT: Dang I'm slow. I really would have liked to see a Kallen or Suzaku vs. Marianne KMF fight in the series.

Last edited by Betteroffer; 2009-07-24 at 03:26. Reason: Don't want to go stealin' no thunder
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 03:31   Link #21022
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
judging from the way every single new female pilot in season 2 was handled
i'd say marianne would have turned out just as much of a jobber as the rest of them
plus what little we DO see her do in a fight (against bismark) is anything but impressive
Old 2009-07-24, 03:42   Link #21023
Betteroffer

However, she herself stated that engaging Bismarck wasn't her objective. There is also the fact that Mordred isn't designed for agility, while the Galahad could go up against the Shen-Hu and the Albion.

I actually think that Marianne wanted to let Bismarck clip her float system. That way she wouldn't be expected to follow him to deal with the chaos in the Royal Gurad, but had to land and said that she would travel on the ground to handle the rebels at some other location, leaving Bismarck to fly off. Beyond that, why would she spin around and show her back to Bismarck, when it has been proven to be the Mordred's weakest point, and exposing her cockpit?
Old 2009-07-24, 03:43   Link #21024
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
judging from the way every single new female pilot in season 2 was handled
i'd say Marianne would have turned out just as much of a jobber as the rest of them
plus what little we DO see her do in a fight (against bismark) is anything but impressive
Wait didn't Bismark admire her as a pilot or something? Or am I remembering that completely wrong. Also if he did admire her, was this the same Bismark with the freaky eye that Suzaku pwned?

If that is the case then Marianne may present some challenge to Kallen with a high quality KMF.
Old 2009-07-24, 03:48   Link #21025
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

all i know is that every single female pilot introduced in season 2 was a flop
in fact, come season 2 the ONLY competent female pilot remaining is kallen, since Cornellia stopped piloting
i wouldnt expect any different from marianne, if only for that reason

but the question is, what kind of 7th gen would she have that could handle the guren ?
Old 2009-07-24, 03:52   Link #21026
yvj
U Mad?

Here's some info:

Marianne "The Flash" was one of the first knightmare pilots. Her mecha, was Ashford Family Prototype "Ganymede".

Apparently, she was quite famous for her combat potential and skills. And she was never defeated in knightmare combat.

She sounded like a bit of a beast. I'm assuming this includes Bismark and his eye

@ Blade What about a hypothetical Rakshata upgraded Shen Hu?
Old 2009-07-24, 03:56   Link #21027
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Here's a brand new topic that has never been talked about. Dum Dum Dum......

Kallen vs Marianne.

She's the crazy bitch mother-in-law from hell and she won't stop riding Kallen's ass about the way she serves tea. Tension rises and the argument can only be resolved by a mecha battle.
Ah, there are so many variables involved in a question like that.

First off, we didn't even really get to see Marianne in her prime so it's hard to say how good she really is. Also, if she were to go up against Kallen today she'd be like, what, 10 years out of practice? Not to mention the question of whether or not she could handle a more advanced 7th or 8th generation KMF.

Well, lets just assume that, through whatever circumstances, Marianne could go up against Kallen in her prime and with a KMF of about equal technological advancement. Well, it would a damn close call at least, but I think Kallen would probably come out ahead.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 03:57   Link #21028
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Here's some info:

Marianne "The Flash" was one of the first knightmare pilots. Her mecha, was Ashford Family Prototype "Ganymede".

Apparently, she was quite famous for her combat potential and skills. And she was never defeated in knightmare combat.

She sounded like a bit of a beast. I'm assuming this includes Bismark and his eye

@ Blade What about a hypothetical Rakshata upgraded Shen Hu?
keep in mind
the Ganymede is a 3rd gen who runs on a power cable and lacks even a slash harken, much less anything more
how much experiance would she have when fighting against the more standard weapons
keep in mind that the glassgo (the base for all future combat related KMF) was only developed a year AFTER she died
so what kind of KMF's did she dual

the shen-hu (before the upgrade) was so high spec it makes xing-ke (who is one of the few who CAN pilot it at all) suffer while piloting it
so a MORE high spec shen-hu, would be even HARDER to pilot
Old 2009-07-24, 03:59   Link #21029
Betteroffer

For some reason I imagine she would use a frame that used blaze luminous sheilds that could take on different shaped settings. Things like the Conquista's full body shield, but also things like the Percival's drill, as well as luminous wrist and leg blades of varying lengths.

I could imagine a slash harken that used this technology so that when it pierced an enemy it would enlarge the hole.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:03   Link #21030
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
For some reason I imagine she would use a frame that used blaze luminous sheilds that could take on different shaped settings. Things like the Conquista's full body shield, but also things like the Percival's drill, as well as luminous wrist and leg blades of varying lengths.

I could imagine a slash harken that used this technology so that when it pierced an enemy it would enlarge the hole.
thats funny
thats exactly what i had in mind for a new 9th gen mass production i was designing for a fan fic
using blaze luminus fists
until i gave up on writing it (i would never have the time)
but thats more for the mecha thread

marianne was never beaten in battle when using a machine considerably older then the glassgo against OTHER machines like that
the Ganymede could very well have been the lancelot of the 3rd gen's
Old 2009-07-24, 04:13   Link #21031
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
First off, we didn't even really get to see Marianne in her prime so it's hard to say how good she really is. Also, if she were to go up against Kallen today she'd be like, what, 10 years out of practice? Not to mention the question of whether or not she could handle a more advanced 7th or 8th generation KMF.
Are we forgetting the Marianne vs. Bismarck, Mordred vs. Galahad fight? We know she can handle using an 8th Generation Knightmare Frame, as we saw in that battle.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:15   Link #21032
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Are we forgetting the Marianne vs. Bismarck, Mordred vs. Galahad fight? We know she can handle using an 8th Generation Knightmare Frame, as we saw in that battle.
what we saw was FAR from impressive
granted though, she may have thrown the fight
but thats not the point
the question is how well would she fair AGAINST corrent gen KMF
Old 2009-07-24, 04:19   Link #21033
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Are we forgetting the Marianne vs. Bismarck, Mordred vs. Galahad fight?
Apparently we are.

Ah, f*ck it. I don't know sh*t about mechs
Old 2009-07-24, 04:19   Link #21034
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
what we saw was FAR from impressive
granted though, she may have thrown the fight
but thats not the point
the question is how well would she fair AGAINST corrent gen KMF
The mere fact that she lasted as long as she did against another 8th Generation KMF piloted by one of the best pilots in the series shows that Marianne has plenty of skill to spare. And yeah, personally I think she threw the fight as well. She needed an excuse to get on the ground and get to the ruins, after all.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:24   Link #21035
Nobodyman9
Banned

I may not know sh*t about mechs, but just a word of advice, if we don't bring Kallen up again soon we may want to move this to another thread.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:24   Link #21036
Betteroffer

Quote:
keep in mind
the Ganymede is a 3rd gen who runs on a power cable and lacks even a slash harken, much less anything more
how much experiance would she have when fighting against the more standard weapons
keep in mind that the glassgo (the base for all future combat related KMF) was only developed a year AFTER she died
so what kind of KMF's did she dual
If needed for testing purposes, then I'd imagine those cables could be made pretty long. The Ganymede may have actually had some level of battery potential, but anything under several hours would understandably be seen as pointless for combat purposes, though I'll admit showing it with the cable at Ashford implies that it probably didn't have battery potential.

For testing against conventional weapons, I could see some sort of paintball launching tanks being used to shoot at the Ganymede, and as long as most conventional land weapons had a hard time targeting it, then it would be deemed a sucess, since KMF were never intended to withstand things like tank fire in the first place, but rather focus on mobility.

Is the part about the Glasgow's production in relation to her death in some official source? Lelouch and Nunally were shipped off to Japan rather shortly after her death, and I thought they spent about 3 months with Suzaku at most.

Even if the Glasgow was put into mass production after she died, if the Vincent and Gareth's timetables are any indication, then there were probably some superprototype equivalents of the Glasgow in the testing phase before she died.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:37   Link #21037
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the glassgo was the first KMF put into active combat
it was built to combat conventional combat units like tanks
and here is the thing
it was NEVER BUILT TO FIGHT OTHER KMF
thats what the satherland was built for
goes without saying that the Ganymede (older still) would have even LESS anti-KMF abilities and experiance
it was simply never built or designed for that purpose

so saying marianne was never beaten in battle is a little questionable, seeing as the Ganymede was built around the time when the KMF designed was never based around KMF combat
how much actual anti-KMF combat skills did she have
keep in mind that when she was still alive, the ONLY force who even had the potential for developing KMF's was britannia
so other then duels, she would have no reason for such training in the first place

kallen by contrast, was raised in a world where it was CLEAR from the start that she would have to fight almost nothing BUT other KMF's
so her skills and training were directed towards THAT
Old 2009-07-24, 06:18   Link #21038
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
EDIT: Also, sorry if we can't think of something new to talk about on a 1051 page thread
Then, it is better not to talk at all, rather than seeing tits-trash all the time, and brilliant ideas about how Kallen's body could be an ad for Victoria's Secret, or something.

Also, Vlad, seriously? Like, SERIOUSLY? You even thought of vs-ing Marriane and Kallen? That is an insult. Guren must be facepalming hard now.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 06:23   Link #21039
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Guren must be facepalming hard now.
Wouldn't that be dangerous?

Last edited by Betteroffer; 2009-07-24 at 06:36.
Old 2009-07-24, 06:24   Link #21040
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

with the other hand then