AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 02:09   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

SOTM 2008 - July (Seasons) - Entry Phase

!!!Welcome to the SOTM!!!

~Congratulations to Ice Climbers for winning the June Contest!~

The theme chosen for July is - Seasons.
What is that? See here for details.

About the SOTM:
The Signature Of The Month contest is open to all members of the Animesuki Forums. The goal of the contest is to provide a fun and competitive way of showing off and improving the signatures and personal skills of contestants. The winner of each months contest is given the privilege of choosing the theme for the next month.

The contest begins on the first of each month and consists of roughly two weeks of entry creation/submission, one week of voting, and one week off. The entry and voting periods may be extended or shortened slightly as needed.

About the SOTM Theme:
Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. The theme can be anything, as long as it does not break forum rules regarding inappropriate material. At the end of the month, voters choose which entries they liked best out of all submitted entries and a new winner is decided. Themes cannot be used twice in a row.

The Rules of the SOTM:

1. Contestants are allowed to create, work on, and submit their entry from the start of the contest until two weeks from the start date. This period of time is specified by the organizer every month. Once the entry period expires, all submitted entries are gathered up and sent to the Voting Thread.

2. Contestants must submit original works. This means you cannot simply cut a picture out, slap your name on it, and call it your own. Claiming someone else's work as your own is also not allowed. Anyone caught doing this will have their entries removed from the contest.

To further expand on this rule:
2A. Unless proven otherwise, all entries made by contestants are derivatives of works made by someone else. Thus, no claim of "ownership" shall be made in reference to the image(s) used in the signature entry.

2B. Misrepresenting someone else's signature work for your own is prohibited and will result in an immediate expulsion of the entry and disqualify the contestant from the current month's contest.

2C. In the spirit of originality, "crop" sigs are frowned upon, but not discouraged; however, the contest organizer can call upon all contestants to show the source of their entry(ies) at any time.

2D. Also in the spirit of originality, new signatures are encouraged. However, if you feel one of your older signatures is perfect for the theme and wish to enter it, you may. Just remember that the signature still has to follow the rules stated above.
3. Contestants are allowed to create as many entries as they wish, but are only allowed to enter one. To submit an entry officially, the contestant must mark the post in the Offical Entry Thread containing that entry with the words "Final Entry", or they can submit the signature to the contest organizer using the private message function.

4. Contestants who wish to keep their entries private until after the submission period can private message the contest organizer with their entry. The entry will not be displayed until submissions are closed, unless the contestant displays that entry publicly.

5. Entries must comply with Animesuki rules regarding signature size. This means each entry can be no larger than 500 x 160, and must be less than 50,000 bytes. They must also comply with forum decency rules. If you think your entry will be offensive or reported to the moderators, don't post it, even as a joke.

About the SOTM Entry Process:

Every month, a new entry thread is created. Each month's entry thread is a central spot meant to give contestants a chance to create and improve their entries as well as their skills, in addition to providing them a place to post their official submissions.
The thread is solely about helping contestants with entries, and as such these things will not be tolerated:
1. Nonconstructive and negative criticism (if you truly dislike something about an entry, be polite and helpful)

2. Comments, questions, or complaints about General SOTM affairs

3. Flaming, trolling, and other uncivil behavior that breaks Forum Rules
Anyone disrupting the thread will be asked to take it privately, to the SOTM Generic Discussion Thread, or if the offense is severe enough - reported to the moderators.

This Month's Entry Period::

This months entry period officially starts Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 and lasts until Friday, July 18th, 2008. Entries will be gathered and put up for voting on Sunday, July 20th, 2008. Voting will end on the following Sunday.

The due date ends at 11:59 (midnight basically) UTC/GMT. The polling will be up one day later after 11:59 (again, midnight). I will try to be as lenient as I can with last minute submissions but only slightly.

It is up to you as a contestant to know what your time zone is in relation to UTC/GMT. I cannot do this for you.

Here is a site that can help you figure that out: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx

Good luck to all contestants, and most importantly, have fun!!!
Old 2008-07-02, 02:10   Link #2
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ninja second post:

This month I will not be around much. I am leaving the daily duties of the SOTM to KiNA. Please direct questions about the entry phase to him.

The Voting Phase will be handled by Marina, please direct related questions to her.

Good luck everyone.
Old 2008-07-02, 02:15   Link #3
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Reserved for entry list*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-02, 02:16   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Reserved for my ranting slot*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-02, 02:18   Link #5
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Ninja second post:

This month I will not be around much. I am leaving the daily duties of the SOTM to KiNA. Please direct questions about the entry phase to him.

The Voting Phase will be handled by Marina, please direct related questions to her.

Good luck everyone.
Thank Solace.. Lets hope I can moderate as well as you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Alright I'll make this short and sweet, simple and clear I hope

This month's theme is

Seasons

Yes, seasons as in spring, summer, fall, and winter and not seasoning for food -__-

Well, as previously mentioned, such sigs would have to display certain aspects of the season in question, as in physical evidence of such season but not something like "That's from Kanon so it must be in the winter"

For this contest, I will not limit the render options, so real life people can also be used, but there is a requirement that there has to be people within the sig, it cannot be just a scenary sig.

I hope I explained clearly enough.

Man choosing a theme sure is hard (But choosing one on your b-day sure is fun )
Because some peoples will for sure having problem >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-02, 02:38   Link #6
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Ah! This theme is going to be tough, especially when not doing animations. I'm sure I'll think of something...

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
Old 2008-07-02, 02:42   Link #7
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Good theme. Winter and Summer are easy. Spring...sort of. As for Fall....I guess a little tough.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-07-02, 02:44   Link #8
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Nice theme. Too bad we can't do LPs for this. Though, I do predict those preset autumn brushes from Photoshop being used.
Anyways, good luck to all!
Old 2008-07-02, 02:44   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Nice theme for sure!

Oh and gratz to Icy for winning!

EDIT:

Woot, sinch post with Kasumi.
Old 2008-07-02, 03:34   Link #10
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Ooo I like this theme!¨May the best seasoned veteran win
Old 2008-07-02, 05:35   Link #11
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

I'm wondering, what season would rain fall under? Does it count if the sig is just a cloudy, raining sig?
Old 2008-07-02, 05:43   Link #12
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Depends really, if you want a stormy rain then summer otherwise I would put it in spring.
Old 2008-07-02, 06:59   Link #13
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
One question but can we do non anime in this one. :P

EDIT: Oh nevermind.
Old 2008-07-02, 07:03   Link #14
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

The only season stuck on my mind is winter. >_<
Old 2008-07-02, 07:08   Link #15
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacchin View Post
The only season stuck on my mind is winter. >_<
Same here,

I've actually gone with winter but stuggling with the file size >.<
Old 2008-07-02, 07:10   Link #16
escimo
Paparazzi

I'm thinking of animation again... We'll see what kind of epic failure it's going to be this time.

I like the theme. Nice one. Couple of fairly broad and interesting ones in a row.
Old 2008-07-02, 07:22   Link #17
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Now I decided to fool around here I fail at animations and knowing what i am doing myself ^^;

i tried doing spring one(as it matches my name) i was fooling around with the picture i want to use and this came out...

Spoiler for Those who do not like pink please don't click T_T:

it's not my final,ok? ^^; (PLEASE ignore the file name.i was typing too fast and when i realised it,i uploaded to photobucket already...i'll change when i edit T_T)

i'm also thinking of editing my current sig,which one is better? hmm~
Old 2008-07-02, 07:23   Link #18
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Here's a little tip if you guys thinking of going for animation sig.

The reason why you go for animation, is for the novelty of being unique.. 10 animated sigs all with falling snow on display have no novelty at all .. Its became tedious. Be creative
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-02, 07:25   Link #19
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Here's a little tip if you guys thinking of going for animation sig.

The reason why you go for animation, is for the novelty of being unique.. 10 animated sigs all with falling snow on display have no novelty at all .. Its became tedious. Be creative
Ooohh

I didn't think everyone would do falling snow though T___T
That's my I tried (and phailed) doing snow >.<
Uggu~ Looks like I have to re-do another sig
Old 2008-07-02, 07:27   Link #20
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Seems like many will do winter theme...good thing I picked autumn

Closed Thread

Tags
contest, signature, sotm