AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 14:25   Link #2021
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Random question:are the girls all alone this time around?I know main deck members are in isolation but we havn't seen a trace of other random crew members we saw sometimes in earlier episodes.
I think most of the crew is made up of engineers and Schnitzer's troops. If they were on the ship, the girls would've had a much easier time of things.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 14:26   Link #2022
Kyuu
=^^=

[QUOTE=Nochgo;4120466And damn you Gruier!! We missed on our chance to see Chiaki change her clothes!! Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I was like:

What? Is Chiaki really gonna... in Marika's room?! OMFG!

Then aww damn you Gruier!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 14:59   Link #2023
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yea. I was like:

What? Is Chiaki really gonna... in Marika's room?! OMFG!

Then aww damn you Gruier!
And Gruier for the block! With an assist by Grunhilde, what a display of teamwork from Team Serenity!

Competition for Marika's attention is a no holds bared affair in the world of Miniskirt Pirates.

As for ep 16

The middle of the episode had me cringing through the whole thing... not because it was bad, it was highly amusing, but cringing at the sound of Marika's and the Bentenmaru's hard fought professional reputation coming crashing to the ground. Damn you Mami (good job Mami!) you and your bizarre fashion hawking. Of course, despite this, the job was completed successfully, and the Letter of Marquee is safe, because things work out when you're a pirate.

Next up. Dread Pirate Marika is displeased that Jenny isn't getting any screen time, this will not stand. Time for some corporate raiding!
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:10   Link #2024
ookamigirl

First night went well ^^ even though Marika overslept LOL
Raiding Princess Apricot was kinda clumsy and the cosplay thing was ROFL
It was a pretty funny turn of events.
Really nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:16   Link #2025
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mmmmm, Piracy for Love.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:37   Link #2026
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
And Gruier for the block! With an assist by Grunhilde, what a display of teamwork from Team Serenity!
On top of that, we didn't get to see Gruier slap Marika silly as she tried to wake up Miss Captain.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:45   Link #2027
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mmmmm, Piracy for Love.
Indeed.

Damn, I'm getting a bit too fired up for my own good....

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-04-21 at 16:04.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:30   Link #2028
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Kind of amazing that we get only the second panty shot thus far in 16 episodes. Not what I was expecting long ago based on the title.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:33   Link #2029
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh yea. One more thing:

Spoiler:

Freakin' pedo's.

The future of the super rich in space will look like that...
Old 2012-04-21, 17:23   Link #2030
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What was Mami thinking? Couldn't she have kept to a single theme? That went better with piracy?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 17:43   Link #2031
jedinat

I can't help but think this show would have been a lot more interesting had the pirating been real and not a glorified traveling show... the characters slightly less insipid... and things been more realistic to the point where Marika is not still working part time at the cafe.

The first episode got me fairly excited too. Seemed really out there and crazy, but then things just fell into your typical anime tropery...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 17:56   Link #2032
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
the first episode got me fairly excited too. Seemed really out there and crazy, but then things just fell into your typical anime tropery...
I agree. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about 80% of this show. It just doesn't do anything for me, emotionally speaking.

Still, what is coming in the next few episodes is an exception. It's what I've been waiting for since even before the show started, and judging by your avatar, I think you're gonna like it too!
Old 2012-04-21, 18:09   Link #2033
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Still, what is coming in the next few episodes is an exception. It's what I've been waiting for since even before the show started, and judging by your avatar, I think you're gonna like it too!
Yuri?! Nice . Judging by how the episode ended... she wants to save the former president from a forced marriage? Something like that, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:27   Link #2034
Kazu-kun

Quote:
she wants to save the former president from a forced marriage? Something like that, lol.
Yeah, but there's a little more to it than just that, but you have to wait and see. If the anime keeps the important part of the novel intact, It's gonna be great!
Old 2012-04-21, 19:05   Link #2035
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Yeah, I've been lukewarm on the series since the excitement of the first episode or two, but episode 16 was the first where I was really disappointed due to the cosplay raiding party. I wanted the series to play it more "straight", but at least the next episode looks more serious.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:37   Link #2036
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I agree. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about 80% of this show. It just doesn't do anything for me, emotionally speaking.

From my understanding they're still on Babby's First Piracy jobs. From earlier discussions, it certainly looks like there's more dangerous raiding jobs (I hope). Unfortunately, how long the novels wish to drag out Marika's maid cafe (why is she still doing this again?) and cute girls doing cute things shtick will be a detriment or boon to the 2nd season's (if any) future.

And FINALLY they're getting shot at again in the next episode.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:44   Link #2037
Random Wanderer

I couldn't stand to watch the girls make a mess of the Bentenmaru's reputation, but at least things turned out mostly ok.

Glad to see they're going to go save Jenny next time. That sure is a lot of gunfire being thrown around there, though.

Quote:
It's rather astounding that you've sat through 16 episodes of something you didn't care for, I have to say.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:58   Link #2038
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Yeah, I've been lukewarm on the series since the excitement of the first episode or two, but episode 16 was the first where I was really disappointed due to the cosplay raiding party. I wanted the series to play it more "straight", but at least the next episode looks more serious.
EP16 seems to be setup for EP17's raid mission i.e. establishing some credibility with Yacht members' ability pilot and manage a starship.

----
Spoiler for EP16:

Quote:
Yuri?! Nice . Judging by how the episode ended... she wants to save the former president from a forced marriage? Something like that, lol.
Some girls dislikes forced marriages i.e. no consent was given. Jenny seems to be unhappy with her arranged marriage.

Last edited by encia; 2012-04-21 at 20:22.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:58   Link #2039
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I couldn't stand to watch the girls make a mess of the Bentenmaru's reputation, but at least things turned out mostly ok.

Glad to see they're going to go save Jenny next time. That sure is a lot of gunfire being thrown around there, though.

It's rather astounding that you've sat through 16 episodes of something you didn't care for, I have to say.
I couldn't bare to see the girls make a fool out of themselves either, but at least it did turned out well.

Why would someone watch 16 episodes and not give a damm about the show? Do people just watch it to hate it?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:04   Link #2040
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Like I said, I was waiting for what's about to happen next. And it's not like I didn't enjoy the series at all. It's just I didn't really feel much for any of the characters besides Jenny, or the situations they're involved in.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri