AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-21, 00:18   Link #21
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i have watch only a few ep and was wondering if this anime has no story plot at all....
This anime HAS one big story, the first 9 episodes are "just" the introduction to the characters.
Old 2010-03-28, 16:39   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So I'm guessing the first arc has just finished in episode 12. So how many Light Novels were covered in those 12 episodes?
Old 2010-03-28, 16:50   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

One according to novel readers. Bits of Vol. 2 & 3 have been mostly foreshadowed.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:40   Link #24
Demoned Away

Not sure why I want to spoil myself but:

Spoiler for question:
Old 2010-04-13, 20:52   Link #25
Noata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Not sure why I want to spoil myself but:

Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for answer:

10char.
Old 2010-04-20, 01:09   Link #26
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

Kind of a random question here, but according to pixiv 4/20 is Shizuo day. I'm assuming this is some play on Japanese, as I've never heard of a birthday for Shizuo. I was just wondering if anyone would like to explain the wordplay to me.

And it better not be a pot reference.
Old 2010-04-21, 10:11   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansen View Post
Kind of a random question here, but according to pixiv 4/20 is Shizuo day. I'm assuming this is some play on Japanese, as I've never heard of a birthday for Shizuo. I was just wondering if anyone would like to explain the wordplay to me.

And it better not be a pot reference.
I've heard that just another way to write Shizuo's name in the fandom, so yeah just wordplay.

I have question myself, does anyone know what "Saika" means directly translated?
Old 2010-04-21, 14:57   Link #28
Noata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I've heard that just another way to write Shizuo's name in the fandom, so yeah just wordplay.

I have question myself, does anyone know what "Saika" means directly translated?
The kanji is Tsumi Uta/Sin Song. Don't know if Saika has a different meaning.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:46   Link #29
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noata View Post
The kanji is Tsumi Uta/Sin Song. Don't know if Saika has a different meaning.
Okay thanks for that bit of info, but what I meant was does, Saika have a english equivalent, i.e. Ryugamine Mikado=Dragon Peak Emperor?
Old 2010-04-23, 01:05   Link #30
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Can anyone tell me which group has the best subs? I only really care about translation and timing quality - the shinies can fall by the wayside.
Old 2010-04-23, 01:56   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned

gg (get version 2 of the first episode) until episode 7 than stick with Ecliptic & BSS for the rest. I hear Frostii is good too, but you well be waiting weeks.
Old 2010-04-23, 17:45   Link #32
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
gg (get version 2 of the first episode) until episode 7 than stick with Ecliptic & BSS for the rest. I hear Frostii is good too, but you well be waiting weeks.
Yeah, I was wondering if Frostii taking longer actually translates to higher quality. I don't care too much for group loyalty, I just want to have high quality stuff.
Old 2010-04-24, 06:38   Link #33
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Short, simple question.

Spoiler for Question:
Old 2010-04-30, 12:47   Link #34
qwertyuiopz

anyone know the fixed number of episodes?
Old 2010-04-30, 16:15   Link #35
Iron Maw
Banned

26 apparently.
Old 2010-05-01, 01:11   Link #36
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuo View Post
Short, simple question.

Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for Answer, Spoilers for recent episodes:

Last edited by Marion; 2010-05-01 at 01:30.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:24   Link #37
balolmeep

So I'm not sure if I heard this somewhere, or if my brain just made it up because it makes perfect sense, but does the name "Durarara!!" come from the sound of a revving motorcycle? Just wondering. If no one has heard that before, consider me officially asking if you agree or not.
Old 2010-05-02, 11:24   Link #38
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by balolmeep View Post
So I'm not sure if I heard this somewhere, or if my brain just made it up because it makes perfect sense, but does the name "Durarara!!" come from the sound of a revving motorcycle? Just wondering. If no one has heard that before, consider me officially asking if you agree or not.
No. I have no idea where that rumor started. The afterword to the first novel makes it clear the title derives from the word Dullahan. Narita already had a vampire book called Vamp!, so they considered calling this Dura! and eventually decided Durarara!! would be even dumber.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:53   Link #39
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Something I'm wondering about, and I'm hoping it's not too spoilerish- back when this was first getting out, a lot of people said it would be the closest thing to a sequel that Baccano! would ever get. Now, since I've never seen Baccano!, should I get my hands on that first so I have an idea of what the premise behind this is, or should I just give give this a try anyways? (dumb question, I know, but I wanted to ask )

the only thing keeping me from this and Baccano really is that I've heard Baccano is rather on the dark side of things... don't know how true that is though

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2010-05-15, 03:32   Link #40
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Something I'm wondering about, and I'm hoping it's not too spoilerish- back when this was first getting out, a lot of people said it would be the closest thing to a sequel that Baccano! would ever get. Now, since I've never seen Baccano!, should I get my hands on that first so I have an idea of what the premise behind this is, or should I just give give this a try anyways? (dumb question, I know, but I wanted to ask )

the only thing keeping me from this and Baccano really is that I've heard Baccano is rather on the dark side of things... don't know how true that is though
Both anime are based on light novels by the same author, and have the same director and screenwriter. There's no real story connection, just a few cameos or Baccano references which are necessary to enjoy the series.
I wouldn't describe Baccano as dark -- it has dark moments, and some intense violence, but the overall tone is actually more comedic than Durarara. I recommend giving it a shot at some point -- but there's no need to watch it first.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a