AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-12, 13:53   Link #81
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

It doesn't have to be well endowed. I accept any level of oppai, from A- (according to someone from Bakatest) to D. F is out of my league.
Old 2010-10-12, 14:14   Link #82
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
It doesn't have to be well endowed. I accept any level of oppai, from A- (according to someone from Bakatest) to D. F is out of my league.
Well, that's the downside with breasts, The bigger they are, the more saggy it gets when you're old. C cup to D cup is what I consider well endowed. More than that, I call it over-endowed... But I find flat-chested girls attractive too, especially if they are the skinny type.

So what is Ai's cup size? B cup? She's not that flat-chested like Miya I think.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:17   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's all really about the proportions in terms of looks. But I find D's to be the most versatile.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:37   Link #84
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Well, that's the downside with breasts, The bigger they are, the more saggy it gets when you're old. C cup to D cup is what I consider well endowed. More than that, I call it over-endowed... But I find flat-chested girls attractive too, especially if they are the skinny type.

So what is Ai's cup size? B cup? She's not that flat-chested like Miya I think.
Genetics plays a role in Saggying so if your mom is saggying or your grandma that chances are not looking favorable.

Of course ageing too since the collagen in you skin wears out over time.
Old 2010-10-12, 22:21   Link #85
GundamZZ
残念美人

When does the discussion become gentleman's discussion?
It seems everyone is turning on the gentleman mode.
Gentlemen, let's form the club.

p.s. Out of all girls, Sae's chest size is only the second biggest.
Take that. You know who you are. You would also consider it this tidbit as spoiler. Because you are a shinshi/hentai.
Old 2010-10-13, 02:43   Link #86
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think some of my face palming is due to cultural differences. How him walking into the pool during girl's practice get's him attacked. I don't think it's realistic for each and every girl to stop what they're doing to yell at him, but just the way he was being scolded would not happen near me.

Does any of this make sense?
There is a cultural difference that goes beyond this scene which addresses how many female athletes are perceived and treated in Japan and their self-image. It may not be the reason the swim team confronted Junichi, but it is interesting to know regardless. Some of my athletic female friends are from Japan and have lived here in the US for a few years while others have only visited, but noticed the differences. One thing they told me is that their American counterparts could carry an identity of being strong/fit/feminine while that dynamic more often than not would be viewed as incompatible and negative in Japan due to long-standing cultural norms.

If you watch many promos featuring female athletes in Japan, their focus is on them shopping, socializing, getting their hair done, etc. - not actual training. One of Japan's most popular athletes is Mika Nagano. But the overwhelming media attention she gets is due to her glamorous photo shoots rather than athletic endeavors. The consensus is its not very "feminine" for a woman to be seen sweating from physical activity and, unfortunately, many female athletes reluctantly accept that stereotype.

This portrayal of athletic, fit females is even seen in anime and manga artwork. In many anime, the concept that a fit, strong girl isn't feminine is routinely introduced. As a recent reference, watch the first episode to Ookami-san when Morino compliments Ryouko as acting "manly" because she can fight. Also, notice how nearly all fit female characters are drawn. They don't look at all that different from inactive girls regardless if they are in high school or older. One of the very few characters who was actually given a fit body was Canaan.

Old 2010-10-13, 07:49   Link #87
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
When does the discussion become gentleman's discussion?
It seems everyone is turning on the gentleman mode.
Gentlemen, let's form the club.

p.s. Out of all girls, Sae's chest size is only the second biggest.
Take that. You know who you are. You would also consider it this tidbit as spoiler. Because you are a shinshi/hentai.
If I'm not mistaken Rihoko got the biggest breast among the 6 heroines since she is a little bit chubby.

1. Rihoko
2. Sae
3. Haruka
4. Kaoru
5. Tsukasa
6. Ai
Old 2010-10-13, 07:54   Link #88
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
There is a cultural difference that goes beyond this scene which addresses how many female athletes are perceived and treated in Japan and their self-image. It may not be the reason the swim team confronted Junichi, but it is interesting to know regardless. Some of my athletic female friends are from Japan and have lived here in the US for a few years while others have only visited, but noticed the differences. One thing they told me is that their American counterparts could carry an identity of being strong/fit/feminine while that dynamic more often than not would be viewed as incompatible and negative in Japan due to long-standing cultural norms.

If you watch many promos featuring female athletes in Japan, their focus is on them shopping, socializing, getting their hair done, etc. - not actual training. One of Japan's most popular athletes is Mika Nagano. But the overwhelming media attention she gets is due to her glamorous photo shoots rather than athletic endeavors. The consensus is its not very "feminine" for a woman to be seen sweating from physical activity and, unfortunately, many female athletes reluctantly accept that stereotype.

This portrayal of athletic, fit females is even seen in anime and manga artwork. In many anime, the concept that a fit, strong girl isn't feminine is routinely introduced. As a recent reference, watch the first episode to Ookami-san when Morino compliments Ryouko as acting "manly" because she can fight. Also, notice how nearly all fit female characters are drawn. They don't look at all that different from inactive girls regardless if they are in high school or older. One of the very few characters who was actually given a fit body was Canaan.
I suppose that is one reason. It is really amazing how such old norms still stand in some countries. You'd think after so much time that things would change, at least for the younger generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
If I'm not mistaken Rihoko got the biggest breast among the 6 heroines since she is a little bit chubby.
Somehow I don't think he breast size will get as much attention as Sae's. But Sae's reactions play into why so much fun is poked at her and her breasts. Miya teasing Rihoko about her breasts just wouldn't be as much fun.

I wonder if Miya and right and they are good luck.
Old 2010-10-13, 08:00   Link #89
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
It's all really about the proportions in terms of looks. But I find D's to be the most versatile.
Nah what are you talking about......C are the best!
Old 2010-10-13, 13:14   Link #90
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Somehow I don't think he breast size will get as much attention as Sae's. But Sae's reactions play into why so much fun is poked at her and her breasts. Miya teasing Rihoko about her breasts just wouldn't be as much fun.
Junichi will do the teasing when he sees Rihoko v2.0 after a month of diet and exercise!!! Ok, this is just a theory that I made up but I think Rihoko's story will revolve around her diet. Which means we will see some Junichi-the-trainer scenarios again. And when her diet becomes successful we will finally see Rihoko's voluptuous 36/24/36 body.

Anyway I'm hoping that we get to see some Ai-Junichi pool action next time. Wouldn't it be better for this arc if its about Junichi getting swimming lessons from Ai?
Old 2010-10-13, 14:10   Link #91
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Ai does have her swim meet coming up, so it would be a great way to continue the arc and strengthen their relationship, whether its her giving him swimming lessons or Junichi supporting her at the event itself. If Junichi does not know how to swim, I can honestly foresee a scene where he panics and his face ends up against Ai's firm breasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZero
I suppose that is one reason. It is really amazing how such old norms still stand in some countries. You'd think after so much time that things would change, at least for the younger generation.
Yeah, there is still a lot of sexism and gender stereotyping against female athletes in Japan. This is very clear in professional wrestling promotions. Watch a few videos and the "feminine-looking" girl always wears very girlie outfits and plays the role of the good character; whereas the less feminine girl is in androgynous attire and acts as the heel, or bad character. In the 90s, there was a mandatory retirement age of 26 for female wrestlers because they were "supposed" to be preparing for marriage and child-rearing.
Old 2010-10-14, 04:11   Link #92
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Nah.. to me, Kaoru's sexy hair > everything
Old 2010-10-15, 00:19   Link #93
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Was a pretty good episode and liking Ai more each episodes, though Junichi was pretty impressively bold with his speech to the swimming team, seriously I don't think I could ever manage something like that .
MAL
Old 2010-10-16, 01:52   Link #94
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Maybe it's my age, or maybe it's just a quirk I've had since my Misa Hayase days back in the 80's... I'm really liking the teacher best of all here. If she were a route in the game, I just know she'd be the first one I'd pursue.
Old 2010-10-20, 04:47   Link #95
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
hmmm...

about the henshin part, is this a reference to yukana's job in the newest kamen rider?
Old 2010-10-20, 12:38   Link #96
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ that could be why they picked her to play the chara., but no, that scene was in the game.