AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 08:23   Link #7321
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Will Hayate stay with Nagi or will he go back to Athena? No matter which one he choose, it will be kind a betrayal to the other.
He already made his decision back at the end of the Greece arc, which Athena understood and accepted - even if she hasn't given up on her love for Hayate. So, as long as he's Nagi's butler, he's not leaving her side.

Quote:
I doubt fans can accept a harem end or no-resolution end.
That's not necessarily so. The idea that everything has got to be nicely wrapped-up at the end, I think, is more a Western thing. Japanese people seem to be more tolerant, if not actually used, to these sort of endings.

Of course, being a Westerner, I hope he does give the romance deal a proper resolution, with proper and nice development to support it. However, if there's no such a thing, it shouldn't really come as surprising, I think.
Old 2010-12-08, 09:35   Link #7322
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 300 - The Return of the King (王の帰還):
Spoiler for theory:
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:48   Link #7323
Used Can

I don't think there's any need for actual theorising as for who the kid is. There's a reason why Athena asked Hayate that if he met her again, he should just go with the flow without getting agitated.
Old 2010-12-08, 11:32   Link #7324
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
From that whole thing.. I'm guessing that the entire chapter is a dream, even when he 'wakes up' since without time travel being involved (on a grand scale), Hina-tan being Chibi-Athena's parent makes no sense except for pointing out (aside from Hata being a Teasing Creator), that Hayate really loves her.
Wild guess that Hinagiku (and maybe Hayate?) being Athena's mother(/parents) is kinda amusing plot point, even if it does make absolutely no sense in the long run.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:43   Link #7325
Used Can

Unless there's some weird pime taradox happening, they cannot be Athena's parents. During TEotW arc, if you remember, in the chapter Hayate tried to win that ring for Athena, a newspaper was shown, with an article saying something like "The daughter of the Tenōsu family's whereabouts remain unknown." and there was a picture of Athena next to that article. Not to mention that, unless Athena is into incestuous relationships (nothing wrong with that), then I don't think she'd love Hayate the way she does if he was her father.

But hey, there's some Hayate lookalike who is supposed to be Nagi's father. So, who knows?
Old 2010-12-08, 16:47   Link #7326
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Thanks for the summary.
Quote:
Personally, I think Hata did a great job in this chapter.
I thought so as well. Not only do we get some of the older plot points starting to come into play (Aika) but it feels that there is actual events happening here, with Athena coming back mysteriously and giving cryptic clues to what is going on with this child. This was a seriously great chapter, best one we had in a long time now.

Of course this just underlines how boring and uneventful the current arc had turned out thus far. It's sad, but I'm thinking that Hata might have just put off everything about Nagi/Luca so he could tell about something with more substance.
Quote:
On the other hand, I doubt fans can accept a harem end or no-resolution end. Hayate has to make a choice eventually. This is just postponing the decision down the road.
Personally, I think that at the very end, we'll get a definitive paring however everyone will still be together as one big family. Of course, the point is too postpone the final paring as long as humanly possible to make sure you can keep all of the different factions reading on till the end.
Old 2010-12-08, 19:14   Link #7327
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Ah took me a while but I finally finished my post talking about the popularity contest results here.

Maybe I should add pictures...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:28   Link #7328
musouka

All around great chapter. It was wonderful to see Athena again. The panel where she got close to Hayate and both of them blushed up a storm reminded me of just why I loved them so much as a couple. The series is definitely richer with her than without her. (I tried to go back and read some of what I missed, but...)
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:17   Link #7329
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Out of time? Don't want any question to be asked? Hug the person to stop him from thinking...a new effective method.

More Athena goodness is always welcome.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 00:26   Link #7330
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Out of time? Don't want any question to be asked? Hug the person to stop him from thinking...a new effective method.
For some reason this "out of time" line give me Nagato Yuki vibes in that scene where Kyon and Haruhi was trapped in the school.
Old 2010-12-09, 02:04   Link #7331
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

can't predict the next development
I hope this manga will start some serious arc like Athena's arc
But, i'm glad can see Athena again
It's the only reason why I'm still reading this manga
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 02:12   Link #7332
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
can't predict the next development
I hope this manga will start some serious arc like Athena's arc
But, i'm glad can see Athena again
It's the only reason why I'm still reading this manga
Even if Athena does actually return, there isn't any hint of seriousness that other arcs that included her had. Starting with closing several humorous plot threads being closed and starting at least one or two others, it's kinda hard to see this as serious development.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:28   Link #7333
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Even if Athena does actually return, there isn't any hint of seriousness that other arcs that included her had.
Unless I'm mistaken you for believing that the previous arcs that involved Athena hold no seriousness,
I think it's either you have read a different manga, defined "seriousness" differently, skimmed through the chapters really, really fast, or skipped those arcs entirely.

For one thing (out of many), the possibility of the end of the world if Midas were able to obtain the King Jewel and the power in RG. And, it seems that the current arc is heading toward a similar direction relating to the RG.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:17   Link #7334
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Unless I'm mistaken you for believing that the previous arcs that involved Athena hold no seriousness,
I think it's either you have read a different manga, defined "seriousness" differently, skimmed through the chapters really, really fast, or skipped those arcs entirely.
Actually, he is saying the previous arcs that involved her were serious. What he said was that this arc didn't seem to have any hint to make us think this arc would turn into anything serious.

I've got to disagree, though, since the Greece arc started almost pretty much as any other arc. However, if gradually became serious. This arc, although we have the whole Nagi mangaka thing, has indeed shown some hints of seriousness due to the inclusion of Yozora.
Old 2010-12-09, 07:08   Link #7335
musouka

This arc starts with her telling Hayate she doesn't have time to explain something, she's looking for his brother, and grabbing her chest in pain. While mini-Athena is darling, it also doesn't mean that the arc is going to be fluff.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 10:56   Link #7336
blade82

it was the first time that we hear Hayate's brother name no
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:00   Link #7337
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
it was the first time that we hear Hayate's brother name no
No, I'm pretty sure we found out his brother's name after Midas was beaten.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:21   Link #7338
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i havent seen this forum so lively in a while...man Athena really DOES bring things to life!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:29   Link #7339
Used Can

I wanted to say the same thing, but decided against it.
Old 2010-12-09, 11:36   Link #7340
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Because many people think that if Athena appeared then the plot will start to become more serious again. At least that's what I think----

...as for me though, a screenshot of loli athena is what made me read this manga again ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen