AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 01:51   Link #81
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This kind of animation style always grabs my attention so I thought I'd give the first episode a chance.

The atmosphere isn't bad and the characters seem decently likable, but for a show that is half labelled as comedy, it didn't really make me laugh. I'm not looking for something that'll make me burst out laughing for minutes on end, but I couldn't really bring myself to even chuckle during this entire episode. I think the jokes aren't the problem, but they all happen instantaneously and just never build up, and I think that's why.

The opening is kinda bleh indeed. It's catchy in a very odd way, but it's just one of those songs that I couldn't imagine having on my iPhone because somebody might hear it and think I'm absolutely mad. The ending is much better- catchy and simple. That ridiculous dance will surely become a meme.

I'm gonna give this a few more episodes, but at the moment I'm shifting towards the plan of not finishing it.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:31   Link #82
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Is the quality of anime falling with each season passing by or am I just getting picky?

I watched half of the first episode and impressions were .. Well, I have no impressions .. It's so .. BORING and NOT FUNNY. The only thing that barely made me smile was the indeed, ridiculous dance in the ED.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:35   Link #83
HandofFate

i didn't like the manga at all, but seeing it animated makes it more viewable.
The voices seems a little weird. Didn't really laugh much till the ninja girl showed up, really liked her character quirks, and her line deliveries were really fun to listen to.

In the first half, the only joke I liked was when the 'normal girl' got the fried chicken on her head and started chasing it and was like "just kidding" afterwards.
Old 2012-01-06, 04:53   Link #84
Silverwyrm

hm, I found the manga funny, but the first ep hardly did much for me. Hopefully it picks up, I felt like the sham of sound effects didn't help convey jokes much either.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 04:56   Link #85
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

A shame, really. I had hoped this first episode would surpass my expectations and give me an additional series to watch on top of my standards. It's too early to judge, but I've got a bad feeling about this one so far.
Old 2012-01-06, 05:11   Link #86
shishio

The manga's humor was just a hit or miss to me...mostly miss. I might give this anime several episodes. Hopefully, this is my take for a comedy this season.
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 05:22   Link #87
Undertaker

The OP is on par with Denpa Onna's OP in term of sucky-ness. But the difference is that for some reason I can't stop but smile whenever I hears "Kill me BABY!!!"

I personally think the episode was pretty decent unlike other posters above. I find the anime to be better than manga as most 4-Koma adaption turns out.

The main complain I have is that VA for Sonya seems a bit too dull. While I can understand the dullness, (she is an assassin after all) you expect her tone to change during comedy spots. In fact this seem to be the theme for all the VA in the episode, no one is using high pitch, not even at the part with the ghost pictures.

As such the comedy here become a poorly acted Manzai comedy. Compare to this, Yuruyuri, Lucky Star, Working, and K-On are much better executed. I hope it would imporve, otherwise this will just end up as a slightly above average comedy and a sub-par 4-Koma adaption.
Old 2012-01-06, 07:44   Link #88
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The OP is on par with Denpa Onna's OP in term of sucky-ness. But the difference is that for some reason I can't stop but smile whenever I hears "Kill me BABY!!!"

I personally think the episode was pretty decent unlike other posters above. I find the anime to be better than manga as most 4-Koma adaption turns out.

The main complain I have is that VA for Sonya seems a bit too dull. While I can understand the dullness, (she is an assassin after all) you expect her tone to change during comedy spots. In fact this seem to be the theme for all the VA in the episode, no one is using high pitch, not even at the part with the ghost pictures.

As such the comedy here become a poorly acted Manzai comedy. Compare to this, Yuruyuri, Lucky Star, Working, and K-On are much better executed. I hope it would imporve, otherwise this will just end up as a slightly above average comedy and a sub-par 4-Koma adaption.
Sonya's voice didn't hit well with em either sounds...too old? Also hope they show why she's int he school, was one of the things I found funny and helped start it, not sure why skipped here (unless it showed up later and I forgot)
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 08:07   Link #89
CWW
Lurker

Oh my. I see OPs are still a good benchmark for shows I should check out. How often do you hear ska in an OP sung by little girls? For that alone it deserves my attention. I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise. One of the most offbeat OPs in recent memory, and in a good way, unlike Denpa Onna.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 08:35   Link #90
Dop
Mmmm....

I kind of enjoyed that. It's not going to win any award for visual style, and it's the most ear-twisting OP since Denpa Onna, but it amused me.

Whether it's got the comedy legs to stay funny remains to be seen, but it was fun so far.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:21   Link #91
Sumeragi
Banned

I really want to take Sonya-chan home~~~♥♥♥♥♥

BTW, they're in high school, right?

Loved the OP and ED.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:43   Link #92
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

What on Earth did I just watch? XD

This anime has the strangest opening and ending I have seen so far. I did find some parts funny however...I will stick around for this anime like I do with any other anime I decided to start watching. Once I begin it, I will finish it

The characters are likable, and it did have some funny parts. I guess those are the positives of this anime Liking it so far, but honestly, not as much as I thought I would have
Old 2012-01-06, 10:02   Link #93
SinsI

Op was pretty horrible, singing was completely out of sinc.
ED was quite catchy.
First episode itself was average, I suppose.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:26   Link #94
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

I was turned off by this purely from the OP song. It's absolutely dire (and the ED isn't much better).

However, I decided to watch the first episode anyway - though I certainly should have twigged that it wouldn't be particularly great from the OP song to begin with. The jokes were poor and had no buildup (facepalm worthy, to be honest), the characters aren't up to much (the 'ninja''s VA is so irritating - sounds like she's high and quite possibly drunk. The assassin and the 'normal girl' have a poor chemistry to me) and it felt like it was never going to get anywhere (sure, the intrigue was ramped up a tad when an alien ship turned up - but it seemed like it was completely forgotten about, as if mentioning it again would cause the Earth to instantly implode. Resorting to a very tired and clichéd gag with the shoe polish on the telescope afterwards was dire).

Extremely poor. I really should have gone with my instincts and not touched this with a ten foot barge pole. I can't say I've dropped this series - because I feel I never picked it up in the first place.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:31   Link #95
ookamigirl

For a chibi anime, I didn't expect it to be full length of a normal anime.
This one looks more like those web anime since the plot is pretty random.
Sonya is pretty interesting though, but this would be better off if it were shorter.
I don't think I'll be watching this one...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:30   Link #96
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
It was pretty decent, good OP and ED. I honestly think this would of been better as a 15 minute show, but whatever. Will watch.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:38   Link #97
Utsuro no Hako

Feels really long and drawn out. At the end of the first segment I was surprised we weren't even halfway through. Things did pick up when the third character came in, so maybe once the full cast is introduced it'll be better.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:43   Link #98
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I loved the first episode. Yasuna is so gullible, yet not a complete idiot either (but not by much).

It's obvious that this show is quite low-budget, quite a bit of conspicuous CGI was used and a lot of scenes contained minimal animation. Oh well, I guess JC Staff has enough shows to do this season as it is, so it's not like I expected anything stellar in the first place.

The OP, as stupid as it is, is a definite Earworm. The ED will probably take some getting used to, but it'll probably grown on me as time goes on. And that last can probably be said about Sonya's voice as well.

Oh well, minor complaints aside, this will probably end up high on my list when this season is over.
Old 2012-01-06, 16:05   Link #99
Cyclones

I tried to give it a shot, but I was completely turned off by the first episode. I think this story has great potential, but it was all done the wrong way. I'll wait till after the season is over to see the reviews to maybe give it another chance, but it was rough to sit through this.
Cyclones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 19:57   Link #100
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
What on Earth did I just watch? XD

This anime has the strangest opening and ending I have seen so far. I did find some parts funny however...I will stick around for this anime like I do with any other anime I decided to start watching. Once I begin it, I will finish it

The characters are likable, and it did have some funny parts. I guess those are the positives of this anime Liking it so far, but honestly, not as much as I thought I would have
exactly my thought.

OP/ED are the highlight for me, they are so bad and weird, yet you can't help but like it.

It's wasn't bad, but could have been better and more enjoyable.

I guess we got spoiled by all the great Seinen 4-Koma adaption like K-On, Working, and GA Art Design as well as Shonen 4-Koma like Lucky Star and Ika Musume.

Compare to them this Seinen 4-Koma feels a bit blend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I really want to take Sonya-chan home~~~♥♥♥♥♥

BTW, they're in high school, right?

Loved the OP and ED.

Yep, they are technically in high school despite looking like elementary kids. basically they are like Lucky Star cast.

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen