AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-25, 12:03   Link #261
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
lol so bad its good feeling huh? I'll agree with that when it comes to this xD
I don't know if it managed to achieve "good" but it was definitely so bad it was fun. Its not a totally bad show, the first half was good, but it just destroys itself in a fit of self-hatred. This happens a lot in anime-originals, you have a good kick-off and good introduction to a diverse, interesting cast that gets you hooked... and then stuff happens* that just disappoints. (I don't think they knew what to do with many of their cast, when it comes down to it, in the final run-up for the show, Andy-MIX were so disconnected from everything else, that they could have been a separate show's hero and heroine. (God only knows they were handled better than the show's actual hero and heroine.) Zessica and Kagura were monstrosities that they created and had no way to deal with in a *satisfactory* manner without... what we got.)

*In the case of EVOL nothing happens. Lots of nothing.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:05   Link #262
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I'd watch it. As long as the art style was pretty.
Oh? What about the music? That's a pretty defining thing for Aquarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Only characters that could reincarnate are Shrade, Cayenne, Kagura, Zessica, Yunoha and Jin. Rest got happy ending.
No, Shushu didn't get a happy ending! It turns out ShuShu loved Mikono the entire time and will wait for the next cycle to pretend to be Amata to win her heart! That's romantic gold right there! I'm sure Pollon will understand that he got one upped and let things be as they be just like Apollonius!
Old 2012-06-25, 12:07   Link #263
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
...Didn't you just post that or am I just seeing things?
Quote:
It's been posted once on this page, and twice on the previous page. I hope DRAGUN H.E.X. is okay.
my fucking retarded internet connection failed me hence the SAME post over & over again, shit how many of them did i post anyway? cuz i can only see a BLANK PAGE in ALL PAGES, thus can't seem to DELETE them all

by the way this is sort of off-topic, i hope the mods will help fix my problems
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-06-25, 12:08   Link #264
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Oh? What about the music? That's a pretty defining thing for Aquarion.
Well, it would be better if the music was good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
my fucking retarded internet connection failed me hence the SAME post over & over again, shit how many of them did i post anyway? cuz i can only see a BLANK PAGE in ALL PAGES, thus can't seem to DELETE them all
Agh, my sympathies.

It posted three times, and you deleted one of them. So there are only two left, and they're close together. No real need to worry about deleting the extraneous one. It just looks like a posting error.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:12   Link #265
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I don't know if it managed to achieve "good" but it was definitely so bad it was fun. Its not a totally bad show, the first half was good, but it just destroys itself in a fit of self-hatred. This happens a lot in anime-originals, you have a good kick-off and good introduction to a diverse, interesting cast that gets you hooked... and then stuff happens* that just disappoints.
I haven't watched enough anime originals to think of it like that. But I can see why it'd be anime originals in general. If we compare something like manga and light novels, authors also have a time frame, but considering the nature of their work they make sure to plan their materials so that things are consistent.

I mention this cause, what could be more worst then 'good start, wtf stuff in the middle' is something like a manga thats 'slow start, GREAT stuff in the middle' and then finally 'we are ending in 3 chapters' (I'm looking at you Negima! T T). I'd still prefer the Aquarion series over something like GSD any day. GSD I believe to this day is one of the worst series handled, at least for me. Though I'm still a Seed fan, just not Destiny so much.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:12   Link #266
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Eh, would sell better if they kept Zessica as a girl. Her boobs are very popular after all, would end up causing the same shock and outrage when Mix lost her big bangs. Which calmed down eventually since everyone knew she would get them back in the end. They can always play the Yuri angle too, have Zessica(Female) and Kagura(Male with roch hard abs still) fight over Shushu(Moe Female) while still showing interest, in a tsundere fashion, in each other. Would at least leaving fans guessing that there might be a tri-win ending.
Good points. That would be better. We've had plenty of yaoi in this franchise, it's time for some yuri.

Quote:
Honestly, I'd watch it to, lol. I just find the idea funny.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:19   Link #267
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
And the music is still catchy

Ah talking about music, that 'Zero' insert song wasn't included on Eve no Shihen OST, was it? Wonder if they're going to release another single/album. Ah, or was it another reused song from Sousei no Aquarion like Pride Nageki no Tabi, Go Tight, etc?
Still hoping for seiyuu/cast version of Kimi no Shinwa :3
Old 2012-06-25, 12:21   Link #268
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

I mean the only logically thing I could see in why kagura did his whole turn around is when he realized he would never be able to reach mikono, because he only cared about silvie and not the present mikono, or when he saw what true love was when he was talking to zessica, and he realized he never truly loved someone for who they truly were. Besides that it was out of the blue >.<
Old 2012-06-25, 12:23   Link #269
Destined_Fate

I don't think animate sigs are allowed. Unsure though.

Eh, fans can always chop it off that Kagura figured out how useless Mikono is after meeting the infinity more useful Zessica. Since Amata is being a broken record and didn't even notice a good girl like Zessica he must have felt bad for her, angry at himself for being stupid over Mikono, and being smitten by Zessica instantly over how far she would go for a man that just doesn't deserve her love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Good points. That would be better. We've had plenty of yaoi in this franchise, it's time for some yuri.

Honestly, I'd watch it to, lol. I just find the idea funny.
Eh, a series that lets Zessica in a love triangle that isn't severely one-sided and gives her a chance, even if it's between Shushu or Kagura, would fine. At least they can spend that time developing them more without having to worry about Amata and Mikono needing development so bad that the two sidelined more than once and than forced to do a 180 in the last episode.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:24   Link #270
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

If they do a sequel then it's only right that they reincarnate Operator Guy
Old 2012-06-25, 12:27   Link #271
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I don't see him as MC material, though he would be perfect to grab the yaoi fanbase.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:29   Link #272
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I wished that there should have been more/some info about the girl with the bag on her head.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:35   Link #273
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I don't see him as MC material, though he would be perfect to grab the yaoi fanbase.
Still has the potential to be entertaining. I would just find it funny if they reincarnated him. Personally I don't see a third series happening. But with the way Evol ended with no real end to the reincarnation cycle they have the potential keep pumping out sequels.

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes they made with Evol.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:42   Link #274
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Still has the potential to be entertaining. I would just find it funny if they reincarnated him. Personally I don't see a third series happening. But with the way Evol ended with no real end to the reincarnation cycle they have the potential keep pumping out sequels.

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes they made with Evol.
Since the other reincarnation mains have reached a satisfying conclusion they can't rely on them. Zessica, Kagura, and co. don't have everything resolved so they could easily return than use flashbacks to explain what happened between them at the end of Evol while trolling the fans and making them think this is Amata and Mikono.

As for the Operator guy. They could have him be angry that he was useless in the grand scheme of things that he wishes to be a Hero in another life. He's than reborn into a new conflict where he's a Hero but the Villians learns of his past and causes him to get a BSOD before snapping out of it live in the present and not deal with past regrets or something. Would make an interesting side character.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:47   Link #275
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Since the other reincarnation mains have reached a satisfying conclusion they can't rely on them. Zessica, Kagura, and co. don't have everything resolved so they could easily return than use flashbacks to explain what happened between them at the end of Evol while trolling the fans and making them think this is Amata and Mikono.

As for the Operator guy. They could have him be angry that he was useless in the grand scheme of things that he wishes to be a Hero in another life. He's than reborn into a new conflict where he's a Hero but the Villians learns of his past and causes him to get a BSOD before snapping out of it live in the present and not deal with past regrets or something. Would make an interesting side character.
That would be interesting. How about they deconstruct Aquarion? Love from a past life doesn't matter, what matters is living in the now, or something to that effect.

Just spit-balling ideas now
Old 2012-06-25, 12:54   Link #276
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Before that I'd much rather it be a spin off series with his side of the story. It can be slice of life or a love comedy for all I care, I'd watch it. 1000% serious about this.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:57   Link #277
paladinenvec

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-25, 13:00   Link #278
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

weren't we promised some explanation on why animals are seemingly all called cats in this show way back? Weren't we told that would have some sort of significance? What happened to that?

Also, this episode made the whole ApolloniusxCeliane thing even more sour than before: It feels as if Celiane and Apollonius were never "fated lovers" or anything- they just had some fling that didn't mean much to either of them, while trampling on everyone's feelings for it :/
As evidenced by Apollonius not being interested in any Celiane reincarnation (while happily trolling his former fiance over a period of 24000 years) and Celiane happily agreeing to being "fated" to be with the dog instead.
Meanwhile Apollonius loves him unconditionally. Even Mikono seems to have realised how much she sucks in comparison to Touma, and ironically her own generation mirrors this with her, once again having weak feelings compared to Zessica's.

That said, as a standalone, this would've been a well-executed episode. It's pretty and it manages to entertain. Taking the rest of the show into consideration, it however leaves the bad aftertaste we were promised it wouldn't leave. Shame.

And I still maintain, if they had made Zessica Kagura's love interest from the beginning, and dropped the whole Amata thing entirely/ made the triangle between these three while introducing Mikono as the only one vying for Amata... they would've had a much better show on their hands now.

As it is, it's a pretty show, good characters, but most of its potential was wasted... I'll give 7/10 for this episode on itself, but for the whole show, 4/10.

Last edited by Faerie; 2012-06-25 at 13:11.
Old 2012-06-25, 13:18   Link #279
Destined_Fate

Quote:
That would be interesting. How about they deconstruct Aquarion? Love from a past life doesn't matter, what matters is living in the now, or something to that effect.

Just spit-balling ideas now
Well, they trolled Genesis fans with Evol. Only right that they trick and troll Evol and Genesis fans if they make a sequel. It would be golden if everyone thinks it's Amata x Mikono take two and it turns out they don't even show up and it's just Kagura and Zessica ending up together because they're the unloved that they lead themselves into believing a lie but eventually get over it. Still it's a shame, Zessica was wasted in a series like this. She could easily have held her own as a Main Heroine in another series.
Old 2012-06-25, 13:24   Link #280
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
No, Shushu didn't get a happy ending! It turns out ShuShu loved Mikono the entire time and will wait for the next cycle to pretend to be Amata to win her heart! That's romantic gold right there! I'm sure Pollon will understand that he got one upped and let things be as they be just like Apollonius!
Shushu is the real hero here
Closed Thread