AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-19, 05:58   Link #81
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
"Lyrical" was a nod to the old Triangle Hearts fandisc, Triangle Heart ~Lyrical Toy Box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RBghAfiW8
woah, there was alot of changes made before it finally became "mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha"....
Lindy as a fairy and Fate as Arf's baby fox form...hahahah pretty weird...
plus raging heart's magical staff...it looked so weak compared to the current raging heart....and Nanoha vs. Chrono!!??
Old 2007-04-19, 06:48   Link #82
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
plus raging heart's magical staff...it looked so weak compared to the current raging heart....
Yeah, it looks more like a lolipop in that teaser than a weapon that could level entire cities.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:13   Link #83
Bloodseeker

Seems that Geneon is announcing some releases at Anime Boston... I wonder if they'll announce Nanoha tomorrow?
Old 2007-04-22, 03:02   Link #84
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I truly hope that they do.
Old 2007-04-22, 08:10   Link #85
Woden

Wouldn't that cause people to stop subbing StrikerS?
Old 2007-04-22, 08:20   Link #86
Bloodseeker

Probably not... I doubt that they'd license all three seasons at once, and subbers would probably be less cautious since the different seasons have different names. (kinda like Gundam Seed Destiny, FMP TSR, Sailor Stars, etc.)
Old 2007-04-22, 12:08   Link #87
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It really surprise me. I thought they all have some kind of grudge against Loli, aren't they? O_o

Anyway, I really don't want to hear the dub, so I don't really care about the license stuff.
Old 2007-04-24, 04:53   Link #88
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i guess no news yet huh...
Old 2007-04-24, 18:00   Link #89
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If there was news, it would be marked licensed on AnimeSuki. If there was news someone would be crowing about it here.

Yeah, no news.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-06, 05:59   Link #90
Ottocycle

The board is set, the pieces are moving.

From Anime News Service:
At TIFFCOM, 2006 a Toei representative told ANS that seperate spaced releases were being planned for their latest magical girl anime franchises Pretty Cure and Maho Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.

It sure won't air in Canada, though.
Old 2007-05-06, 06:40   Link #91
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Heh, so Toei took Nanoha instead of Geneon.

While they leave me with no particular bad memories, they did not leave any good ones too...
Old 2007-05-06, 07:13   Link #92
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

sounds like good news!!
maybe more people will get expose to how Nanoha will differ from everyone's usual expectations of a Mahou Shoujo show....

Toei took Nanoha??....what does that mean?
didn't Geneon do the anime for Nanoha??
weird...
Old 2007-05-06, 08:01   Link #93
xizro345
King's Justice

I'd rather wait for official confirmation. ANS isn't exactly reliable.
Old 2007-05-11, 18:39   Link #94
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
I hope they hurry up and confirm something.
Old 2007-05-12, 04:18   Link #95
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

same here I'd really like to see this dubbed one day.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:38   Link #96
Shounen
Away for good

Ok first of all: I rarely stick my ass into some thread unless i haven't watched the series myself.

Anyways.. After getting disappointed of StrikerS. I caught myself the attention that A's had dutch voice overs right? (the Knights little "toys"...)

I have no idea how US dubbing works with Anime. But would they "re-dub" that to English or leave it out in dutch?

I don't really care much about R1's, unless their really clean.. leaving that aside...

2ndly, a friend of mine posted some screencaps of different series (cant remember there names atm), but he said that the DVD's (R1 yes) had the original Japaneses on the front (romanjinized ofc). But, they were cut of instead they wrote only maybe, like for example with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (yes, i don't like typing english translations either) to Nanoha. So the sale figures are needed, that's why the cut off some names, making the title more "interreseting" for kids/teens/adults.

Cuz, just like some posted here before. If I would go into an store and see the words Magical Girl, you bet i would go WTF.

I'd probably use Nanoha on the front cover, and leave the original title/logo that appears on the video material, and using (the subtitle coding found in vob files) posting up the name in English over/under/whatever by the logo/title.

The only downfall for R1's is the heavy interlacing, and poor quality found on the DVD's. Other than that, I bet they would suit anyone who ain't a quality freak like me.

Cheers~
Old 2007-05-13, 09:33   Link #97
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shounen View Post
Anyways.. After getting disappointed of StrikerS. I caught myself the attention that A's had dutch voice overs right? (the Knights little "toys"...)

I have no idea how US dubbing works with Anime. But would they "re-dub" that to English or leave it out in dutch?
It's not Dutch, it's German.
Old 2007-05-14, 06:49   Link #98
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shounen View Post
Ok first of all: I rarely stick my ass into some thread unless i haven't watched the series myself.

German, the two languages may look alike, but there is a distinct difference, and this is definetely German.

Besides that, it depends on the company in question. Some dub everything, others dub where needed.
Old 2007-05-14, 06:53   Link #99
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

if any licensing company takes Nanoha in, i hope they just leave the device's VA alone and just dub the characters...
Old 2007-05-14, 07:01   Link #100
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
if any licensing company takes Nanoha in, i hope they just leave the device's VA alone and just dub the characters...
Heck why release in dub at all Do what Bandai(It is Bandai right?) does and only release in Jap.

then again I'm one of those who have not touched dubs for over a century...
Closed Thread