AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-31, 12:27   Link #21
wao
OK.

10: Suzuri ni sumu shiro
vol 3, chp 4
11. Yamanemuro
vol 2 chp 1
12. Byou no sakana (must-watch!)
vol 3, chp 5
13. Hitoyobashi
vol 4, chp 2

AFAIK.

Happy New Years'.
Old 2005-12-31, 13:09   Link #22
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Thanks a lot, wao! I'm glad to see that, as of Episode 13, only two chapter/episodes will be missing from Volume 2 and only one from Volume 3.

Happy New Years' to you, too! May 2006 be a good year for you and yours.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 22:36   Link #23
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ep 9 was great as ever. If ginko is immortal, then he must have broken the rules and ate it already....
Old 2006-01-07, 11:45   Link #24
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Ep9 was problematic for me.I didn't expect Ginko to break the rules so easily.
I find thhis hollow,I don't really kow why.Perhaps it's because in the ned guy get immortality while in the other ep it's just normal people finally resuming their life.
Old 2006-01-07, 13:49   Link #25
wao
OK.

I also thought it was a bit strange in that episode even in the manga... but remember that immortality isn't always a good thing, you have to see your loved ones die off and there is practically no end to everything. (I think it isn't true immortality though, probably something like he will never get sick and die, but if someone whops his head off he will have to die... like the immortality in 12 Kingdoms)

Another thing is once that guy becomse known as a bringer of good crops he will have a lot of other problems on his hands... people might start coming after him and so on. He did travel around, so it's not just that area only that benefited...

The next ep, Suzuri ni sumu shiro, isn't one of my most favourites (its okay, not the worst or best) so I'm not all hyped up, but I can't wait for ep 12 and 13!
Old 2006-01-07, 19:17   Link #26
Chronissz

Saishi already lost his loved one, the only thing he was living for was that village and the land of his ancestors. While he cares for the kid (forgot his name) I think he wouldnt mind watching him grow old and having to see him die. Its not like he hasnt had to experience death before. I think the only thing he truly wants to do is watch that land prospure, as a payment for the decision he made that cost others their life, he was willing to sacrifice eternity to make sure those deaths dont go without merit, and that the people in that village dont need to suffer anymore. His debt to them, and the debt of his ancestors.

Also about the travelling, I cannot say much about what he did while he was travelling, whether or not he was actually helping other villages or not. However, the idea was that he travels the world and explores new ways to grow the crops and cultivate the land so that he can return to the village and explain to them how to keep getting a good harvest using new methods.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 02:04   Link #27
Squid
Flame Haze

Send a message via MSN to Squid
Episode 9 was okay, but I missed the Mushi aspect that was present in the previous episodes. In the previous episodes you saw all kinds of Mushi and in episode 9 they are somewhat abscent. Still a cool episode though, just not as good as the rest.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:50   Link #28
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

Just watched episode 1. Wow.

I'll be back to join the discussion when I catch up with y'all
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 10:20   Link #29
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Just watched episode 1. Wow.

I'll be back to join the discussion when I catch up with y'all
We are now at ep. 11. Good luck.

Oh, ep 10 and 11 prolly are the two best episodes btw. Esp ep 10. The mushi inside is such a beautiful metaphor to the main story and.... it is even beyond words to describe it.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:38   Link #30
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
We are now at ep. 11. Good luck.

Oh, ep 10 and 11 prolly are the two best episodes btw. Esp ep 10. The mushi inside is such a beautiful metaphor to the main story and.... it is even beyond words to describe it.
Wow is C1 that far behind?
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 00:35   Link #31
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
Well, sorry to say but I guess they are a bit behind the broadcast. I watch Chinese sub and they are diligent enough to put every episode online within 24 hrs of the regular broadcast in Japan.... but the translation can be pretty awful from time to time.
Old 2006-01-13, 02:32   Link #32
wao
OK.

For a show like this I'd put the quality of translation way before the speed of release. There is no cliffhanger or continuous story to press you to watch the next episode; and the quality of this show demands translation worthy of it in order to be fully appreciated.

But yeah, 10 and 11 were really great... the storyboarder in ep 10 did a great job. The backgrounds are absolutely amazing: one of the best I have seen in a TV anime (that is saying a fair bit!). They're very detailed and include the right details to create that feeling you want. Well, not all of them, but some of the key scenes... the one with Ginko walking in the forest in ep 11 - they painted a detailed scene of the forest floor and two leaves that moved when Ginko's foot stepped on them... and it only appeared for a few seconds but they did it so well.

The story in ep 11 was better than 10 IMO, but 10 had better production.

Ep 12 couldn't come faster. Nui!!

EDIT: Ep 14 and 15 are Kago no naka and Haru to Usobuku respectively... chapters 3 and 4 on volume 4. Haru to Usobuku is kind of a nice chapter... I liked it. Kago no naka has a good story. Good, good...

Last edited by wao; 2006-01-13 at 08:53.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 09:23   Link #33
Kerooooo
e-pen0r detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
C1 is diligent enough compared to a lot of other groups (look at eureka or tsukuyomi, badly stalled in the past... 2-3 eps of backlog is nothing
Kerooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 12:43   Link #34
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Like chucky, I followed the Chinese fansubs. Their subs may not be ideal, but some comprehension is better than no comprehension. Of course, I'll re-watch C1 version's of the episodes.

Spoiler for About episode 11:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 15:08   Link #35
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Damn, wish I was bi-lingual
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 15:13   Link #36
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
EDIT: Ep 14 and 15 are Kago no naka and Haru to Usobuku respectively... chapters 3 and 4 on volume 4. Haru to Usobuku is kind of a nice chapter... I liked it. Kago no naka has a good story. Good, good...
Thanks a lot for updating us like this wao! Would you mind doing this every time you find out new episodes and their corresponding manga chapters? I'd really appreciate it!
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 23:57   Link #37
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
12. Byou no sakana (must-watch!)
vol 3, chp 5
You couldnt be more right on this -- this is A MUST WATCH.
Spoiler:

And as usual, it is beautifully done.... left me wonder if the series will ever gonna falter, since every episode I've watched so far, maybe except a couple so-sos, is amazing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by chucky; 2006-01-16 at 00:24.
Old 2006-01-16, 03:57   Link #38
wao
OK.

Yep, when I read the manga chapter first I got the feeling that this is a little different from the others... when by halfway through there wasn't even any hint of Ginko appearing,...

And now does episode 2 make a lot more sense to you now?

FV: Sure, but if you want to be independant you can also go look at the online newtype when it updates and check the title names with online catalogues of the manga...
Old 2006-01-21, 06:31   Link #39
Vancuria

Well, not to sound rude about C1, but I'm hoping ANBU gets caught up on Mushishi pretty quick here so I can download their version instead. They seem to be speedier with releases than C1. ^^; I may be impatient, but I don't like having to wait at least two weeks for a release when it's already several episodes behind! (The exact reason I quit watching Eureka 7.)

Anyway.

This may have been mentioned before, but am I the only one that gets a wierd Miyazaki/Princess Mononoke feel from this show? I've noticed that since watching the first episode.

I love it's one-shot stories, personally, and it's wide variety of characters. You leave each episode feeling like you've connected with the characters, even if you'll probably never see them again.

I just hope that maybe there may be some kind of actual plot when it gets towards the end. Maybe the last two or three episodes?
Vancuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 08:23   Link #40
wao
OK.

Unless they invent a new story, I can safely tell you: no. The little semblance of a "plot" would be Ginko's past, and afaik there's really no more manga chapters dealing with it (about 2 or 3 have some passing reference or a bit of info which lets you guess around a bit*)

*: for example,
Spoiler:

Edit: It is also quite nice how the seiyuu who does the rare narration and the next-episode-title-reading-out voiced Nui in this episode. She sounded so convincingly dead and desolate, I can't believe she voiced Megumi "Ooohohohohohoho" Takani in Rurouni Kenshin.... and man, she has been around a long time, I remember her voicing Risa Hayase in Macross, the woman with that weird candy-like hair. Mika Doi's going to be 50 this year....

Last edited by wao; 2006-01-21 at 08:43.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural