AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 16:21   Link #481
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMeowMeow View Post
Random Curious

Where does Flame Hazes Get money?

From the first episode, It seems Shana had some money to buy Melon breads and later on she bought some at the school shop.
Around 4-5th episode, Margery Seems to have a lot of money to book a room.
They get the money from a group called "Outlaw" who support the activities of Flame Hazes with finance, information, transportations, etc. This group was announced in season 2 on where one of Margery's partner that din't quit after her outburst decided to join up.
Old 2011-02-16, 07:00   Link #482
CatMeowMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They get the money from a group called "Outlaw" who support the activities of Flame Hazes with finance, information, transportations, etc. This group was announced in season 2 on where one of Margery's partner that din't quit after her outburst decided to join up.
I've know something about them.

What does Flame Hazes and (Good) Tomogaras Offer them?
CatMeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 16:26   Link #483
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMeowMeow View Post
I've know something about them.

What does Flame Hazes and (Good) Tomogaras Offer them?
I "believe" they are a volunteer work of people who just happened to get caught up in the Flame Haze world and just want to help out the Flame Hazes against the (Bad) Tomogaras, while just leaving the (Good) Tomogaras out of the information pile of "who is bad" list. I'm not fully notified on Outlaw, but from their actions, that's what I think they are like.
Old 2011-02-16, 18:27   Link #484
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
I "believe" they are a volunteer work of people who just happened to get caught up in the Flame Haze world and just want to help out the Flame Hazes against the (Bad) Tomogaras, while just leaving the (Good) Tomogaras out of the information pile of "who is bad" list. I'm not fully notified on Outlaw, but from their actions, that's what I think they are like.
I belive that the money is donated by rich persons, but in the novel 1 Alastors speaks of "using the mode that they use to get money" while scaring one of the teachers.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:47   Link #485
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Timeout, where did it actually say that? Yes, I know what Outlaw is, but from my understanding (and those of some of the users around there) is that flame hazes had to pickpocket her way into getting money, either by literally pickpocketing or usurping the existence of others to attain that kind of money.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:54   Link #486
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Mmm in the novel Shana got plenty of money, and she actually pays Chigusa for taking care of her with the uniform and food, and in that moment she was Hikari, a girl without parents so the only way I think she could have gotten that money is by finding some on "her" house.
Old 2011-02-18, 19:55   Link #487
Elf song

If I remember correctly. The answer was given by Friagne in the Q & A section in vol 0 (yes, not part of the main story since he's dead). For Shana's case, when she was staying at Hong Kong she unintentionally involved and stopped the drug dealing there; then she took the money and fled.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 03:33   Link #488
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Timeout, where did it actually say that? Yes, I know what Outlaw is, but from my understanding (and those of some of the users around there) is that flame hazes had to pickpocket her way into getting money, either by literally pickpocketing or usurping the existence of others to attain that kind of money.
Maybe I was exaggerating when I included "finance" in their. Probably from the fact that my mind is too wrapped up in the later part of the series that I would come to a conclusion that Outlaw would provide this as well. But I deleted the earlier volumes I had long ago so I can't remember exactly.
Old 2011-02-20, 10:44   Link #489
CatMeowMeow

LOL My Question Have Became Dicussion
CatMeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:31   Link #490
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Maybe I was exaggerating when I included "finance" in their. Probably from the fact that my mind is too wrapped up in the later part of the series that I would come to a conclusion that Outlaw would provide this as well. But I deleted the earlier volumes I had long ago so I can't remember exactly.
Hooves you seem like a smart person, what do you think yuji said to shana at the end of season 1? When alastor manifested? I know he said something, I saw his lips moving.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:40   Link #491
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Hooves you seem like a smart person, what do you think yuji said to shana at the end of season 1? When alastor manifested? I know he said something, I saw his lips moving.
All I saw was him making a smile, not a single lip movement after that. I couldn't imagine him saying anything during that scene after what he already said that he had in his mind when Shana decided to manifest Alastor. Especially if he din't hear what she said to him.
Old 2011-02-24, 09:56   Link #492
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
All I saw was him making a smile, not a single lip movement after that. I couldn't imagine him saying anything during that scene after what he already said that he had in his mind when Shana decided to manifest Alastor. Especially if he din't hear what she said to him.
hmmm maybe im insane i coulda sworn i saw his mouth moving........anyway thanks
Old 2011-02-24, 10:45   Link #493
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
hmmm maybe im insane i coulda sworn i saw his mouth moving........anyway thanks
He didn't say anything, besides, later on when we see the Yuji's memories on the first episodes of SnS II, he only reminds Shana saying something that he could not hear.
Old 2011-02-24, 10:49   Link #494
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
He didn't say anything, besides, later on when we see the Yuji's memories on the first episodes of SnS II, he only reminds Shana saying something that he could not hear.
I think he was asking after what Shana said. Like "What?" or "Did you say something?"
Old 2011-02-24, 11:03   Link #495
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I think he was asking after what Shana said. Like "What?" or "Did you say something?"
He doesn't remember it, but he does remember she said something.
Anyways, back on the question, he didn't speak or at least, the anime doesn't show him like "I'm wondering if she listened what I said".
Old 2011-02-24, 14:23   Link #496
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
He doesn't remember it, but he does remember she said something.
Anyways, back on the question, he didn't speak or at least, the anime doesn't show him like "I'm wondering if she listened what I said".
Animes tend to do that while Novels actually show thoughts of characters when there are random moments going on, or when something big is going to happen. Do you watch alot of anime scenes where it appears the characters have a long silence between them and we can't hear what they are thinking? Well depending on the Anime Studio, there are some that actually bring out what the characters are thinking at that moment, and there are some where they just leave it out for most of the time (only when they absolutely need to bring in the inner thoughts)
Old 2011-02-24, 14:32   Link #497
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Animes tend to do that while Novels actually show thoughts of characters when there are random moments going on, or when something big is going to happen. Do you watch alot of anime scenes where it appears the characters have a long silence between them and we can't hear what they are thinking? Well depending on the Anime Studio, there are some that actually bring out what the characters are thinking at that moment, and there are some where they just leave it out for most of the time (only when they absolutely need to bring in the inner thoughts)
I noticed that long time ago, the only thoughs that you can hear in the anime "Shana" and "Yuji" But which I ment is that IF they would have made Yuji say something before the explosion, they would have put it on Yuji's thoughs on the first episodes of Secondi instead of skipping it.
Really, light novels are a life saver when you are lost in what is happening with the characters feelings, I don't know why J.C. Staff decided to skip this, that is a vital part of the main story.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:35   Link #498
pancakes
*Author

rechecked it i think he just smiled. So Im gonna go check myself into the shakugan no shana looney bin now, goodbye.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:42   Link #499
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I noticed that long time ago, the only thoughs that you can hear in the anime "Shana" and "Yuji" But which I ment is that IF they would have made Yuji say something before the explosion, they would have put it on Yuji's thoughs on the first episodes of Secondi instead of skipping it.
Really, light novels are a life saver when you are lost in what is happening with the characters feelings, I don't know why J.C. Staff decided to skip this, that is a vital part of the main story.
1. You forgot Yoshida (inner thoughts), though I don't really mind.

2. If we put all the inner thoughts in the anime, I don't know what will happen with the show...
Old 2011-02-24, 18:56   Link #500
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
1. You forgot Yoshida (inner thoughts), though I don't really mind.

2. If we put all the inner thoughts in the anime, I don't know what will happen with the show...
All the Yoshida's thoughs in the anime are useless... Well maybe a little usefull when she reminds Johan's advice, but then are irrelevants and doesn't really make a "big" change in the story. Even the Giralda's ones are, as she didn't use it.
And we already got something coming out from nowhere (Statue of Pride) that is never mentioned on the novels.
My guess...
Statue of Pride = SoF's vessel (failed) ?
But it was controlled by Hecate so.. I don't know.