AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-03, 22:57   Link #181
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if that's true I wish floris will be added too. I kinda like her too.
Sorry to ask, but...

... who's Floris? I've not been reading the novels lately so I'm kinda missing out on new info. >_<

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-01-04, 04:32   Link #182
tsunade666

she first appear on vol 16.
As one of the enemies hired by one of the princess. In vol 17 the guy help her or rather save her.

She is quite quite so I like her. It's rare for touma to have foreign harem even though ursula looks like one.
Old 2010-01-04, 19:40   Link #183
babohtea

I think To Aru Majutsu no Index can be made better with just a few changes:

Touma is a girl.
All of the members of her harem are now guys.
Replace Touma's punches with slaps.

Now, the story is about some crazy girl who goes around rescuing various guys. After slapping the crap out of the guys' enemies, Touma gives a long shpiel about the value of life to all of the dudes in distress. Shortly after they all fall in love but the girl is oblivious and continues to slap adding more and more to her collection of dudes.

d^_^b
Old 2010-01-04, 20:00   Link #184
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post

Touma is a girl.

Now, the story is about some crazy girl who goes around rescuing various guys. After slapping the crap out of the guys' enemies, Touma gives a long shpiel about the value of life to all of the dudes in distress. Shortly after they all fall in love but the girl is oblivious and continues to slap adding more and more to her collection of dudes.

d^_^b
You called?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=800
Old 2010-01-05, 14:22   Link #185
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post

Touma is a girl.

d^_^b
USOOOOOOOOOOO DA!

I like index the way it is. And if they change it I don't want the other girls turning into guys. though I'm not against turning touma into a girl but the others and having a main heroine plus tons of guys NOOOOO F****** WAY!!!!!
Old 2010-01-05, 18:14   Link #186
babohtea

It was a joke.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:09   Link #187
tsunade666

even if its a joke its enough to give me chills down my spinal column signaling my brain that I'm having a mental break down.

I don't like story with pretty boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bringing the idea in index for every girl turn into boys and touma turning to a girl ( I like this one ) is A NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO! to me.

TOuma is fine in either gender. She/He will stay hero. To be honest I think the girl touma is better. I'm a fan of yuri to begin with but NO NO NO BOYS!

Serious mental damage.... reaching critical level... need to activate regeneration process.......

skipping school because of head ache.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:29   Link #188
Miraluka
Banned

A bishie is fine too XD.
Spoiler for genderbending:

Don't worry tsunade666 is just an illusion.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:34   Link #189
tsunade666

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO > <

to sparkly my eyes my eyes. Spare my eyes.

Need to crawl back to the shadows.......
Old 2010-01-05, 19:40   Link #190
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

"Obaachan once said: An attractive character is an attractive character, regardless of his or her gender."
(Point to sky)

...although for it to work with the genders reversed, I'd have to say Index would be a more responsible and serious priest and Touma the one with the crazy appetite.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:47   Link #191
Miraluka
Banned

... good point... XD. Or maybe not. I wonder how looks a male Komoe shota sensei.
Old 2010-01-05, 20:15   Link #192
tsunade666

I don't want to imagine but wilfri force me too..... now I just remember some hentai loli/shota manga. The one tends to the teacher getting pranks from her student but ended up in h.........

my eyes my eyes are bleeding. Need to look again at my swimsuit wearing biribri and the flat face of touma saying. what is she doing. ( no love super ultra dense guy )

why does it always had a same theme that the leading in harem are dense. Though some had backbone knowing they are harem leading but it tend up to be too much ecchi.
Old 2010-01-06, 07:40   Link #193
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
why does it always had a same theme that the leading in harem are dense.
- So that fans will be assured that they have a chance with the girls they like?
Old 2010-01-06, 11:39   Link #194
Tabasco

To keep the plot from collapsing would be my guess.

Once the lead settles on someone, most of the wacky happenings that work in a harem situation get a lot less funny and a lot more complicated if there's a genuine relationship involved.
Old 2010-01-06, 14:38   Link #195
tsunade666

what about harima? his a stick to one guy. A total loyal type but dense with love.

I find it for him to be entertaining.

What do you think will happen if a guy who lost the capabilities of love begin to love someone.
Old 2010-01-06, 22:04   Link #196
Dark Paladin X

Hmmm...what I like about Touma is that he doesn't give up in any situations even when odds are highly against him. In addition when his anti-magic right hand always gives him a bad day everyday.

Spoiler for Episode 14:

By the way, after listening and watching a few voice acting samples and scenes of Johnny Yong Bosch, I am completely convinced (as well as from MrTerrorist) that Johnny Yong Bosch is a second candidate to voice this character for an English dub if James Arnold Taylor can't voice Touma for legal reasons. Of course, I would rather have Bosch voice Accelerator instead of Touma.

BTW, I'm planning to start a character sheet of To aru Majutsu no Index in TV Tropes. If anyone can describe Touma with tropes from TV Tropes, It would be a great gift.
Old 2010-01-07, 00:11   Link #197
tsunade666

what's tropes?

Are their going to be a dub version of to aru? is it going to be released in america?

And accelerator is literally the strongest esper and still in his best form (without cripple state yet) so YES the guy is amazing for beating up a monster.
Old 2010-01-07, 02:26   Link #198
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
what's tropes?

Are their going to be a dub version of to aru? is it going to be released in america?

And accelerator is literally the strongest esper and still in his best form (without cripple state yet) so YES the guy is amazing for beating up a monster.
TVTropes is a website that attempts to group every media franchise in existence by their plot devices and common conventions (e.g. Stormtrooper effect, Genderbending, Magic Hammerspace, Seven School Mysteries, etc.). It's very tongue-in-cheek in appearance even though the site professes to act otherwise.

Until they develop an awesome random Trope combo generator, I continue to think of them as grasping straws.
Old 2010-01-07, 04:51   Link #199
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
I would rather have Bosch voice Accelerator instead of Touma.
- Crap, you're right. I've only heard a little of Bosch's voice (outside his Power Ranger years), and I prefer subs. But yeah, I can see him fitting Accelerator's voice pretty damn well.

That's the issue I have with dubs--it only takes one not-right voice actor for the role to really mess it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
what's tropes?
-Oh, you poor, innocent fool. Run away. Run away right now before you find out!!!
Old 2010-01-07, 06:41   Link #200
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
BTW, I'm planning to start a character sheet of To aru Majutsu no Index in TV Tropes. If anyone can describe Touma with tropes from TV Tropes, It would be a great gift.
Ordinary High School Student (sort of)
Anti Magic
Blessed With Suck
Catch Phrase
Cosmic Plaything
Determinator
The Dulcinea Effect
Think Nothing Of It

Those are the only ones i can think of.
Closed Thread