AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 45 29.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 15.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 11.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 10.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.65%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-19, 21:04   Link #21
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The America thing was really weird, totally came out of left field. I think it would have been better if subtle hints were dropped earlier, but it's not like it was the focus of it and all. The dad was pretty funny and I can't blame him for being happy that she isn't going, I'm surprised he'd agreed to it in the first place.
Subtle hints have been dropped for several episodes now, at least with respect to her going away somewhere.
  • Kirino announcing that "the next life counseling will be the last.
  • Kirino saying "think of (the eroge) as me and treat it well" last episode
  • (?) Some people also see the Rinko-rin ending that she got in episode 9 as a hint.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-12-19, 21:04   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seems like I was half right on the ending... kinda mixed feelings about it. I do see the alternate ending being the true path since it'll likely follow the actual story arc of Kirino leaving for America.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:08   Link #23
type-R!

I won't complain much about this ending. Yes I would have loved to see at least a hug; it seemed like it could happen at any second but no.
And it was somehow expected to be an open end, although had they gone with the wincest end, then I wouldn't know what to expect for the True end.
Either way I'm somewhat happy with this, at least we got some good comedy and some Kuroneko service.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:09   Link #24
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Nice little Kurnoneko neko fanservice at the end.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:16   Link #25
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Nice little Kurnoneko neko fanservice at the end.
One of the best parts in this episode.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:23   Link #26
Xaturas

No one saw the kuroneko saying that she will soon call kyosuke differently than nii-san on the phone call (atleast those who have read novel v7 or synopsis)?
Old 2010-12-19, 21:24   Link #27
type-R!

Spoiler for Photo album:
Old 2010-12-19, 21:28   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Spoiler for Photo album:
Don't think we should need spoiler tags to discuss this...

I think it wasn't the photo album that was the problem, it was plane ticket that was hidden in the photo album. The alternative was that she wasn't going to tell him that she was leaving -- he'd just wake up the next morning and she'd be gone. He'd have to find out from his parents why she left.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:54   Link #29
Jze0
Hmmm...

So this is the good ending? Its ok but for the people that know what happens in the novel, this ending is the opposite of Kirino's last minute decision to stay. I guess the extra episodes will continue down the right path of the story... I eagerly will wait for those.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:59   Link #30
netvope
SOS-Dan

Although it isn't the true ending, I love this episode. It looks like the graphics are better than some previous episodes.

btw, the tsundere father is interesting
Old 2010-12-19, 22:09   Link #31
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Although it isn't the true ending, I love this episode. It looks like the graphics are better than some previous episodes.

btw, the tsundere father is interesting
I think the father is more like, he learned to accept Kirino's choices to a certain extent? Maybe be more lenient?
Old 2010-12-19, 22:15   Link #32
netvope
SOS-Dan

are the remaining episode to be release online? (before the DVDs)

have the release dates been confirmed?

edit: oops... I didn't notice there was a airplane-shape watermark in the episode title screen
Old 2010-12-19, 22:18   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:

They have said that they would be streamed online, but the dates have not been revelaed.

P.S. Please add an English translation for your signature; we don't allow Japanese signatures or user titles if not accompanied by an English translation.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:20   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

edit: oops... I didn't notice there was a airplane-shape watermark in the episode title screen
The true ending is gonna be on DVD, it's gonna pick up after episode 11, episode 12 is gonna alter and the rest of the episodes are gonna follow the true end path.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:20   Link #35
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Seeing this as an alternative path to the original end, it's definitely a "good ending" but not the "best" and "true" end. Dere Kirino is definitely weird but HNNG-inducing. I'm actually amazed how this series has become a visual novel kind of adaptation where there are alternative paths to choose from.
Notable things:
Spoiler for for caution:

I enjoyed it, this can be a good alternative if the original goes to a bad end.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:25   Link #36
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Well that was entertaining. Good episode, but not without its flaws. The change in Kirino felt very abrupt. It was odd to see her tsuntsun side disappear almost completely like that so quickly early in the episode. It did, however, reveal a fairly interesting tidbit about Kyouske; namely, that he is probably just as tsundere for Kirino as she is for him. He was able to be hostile or cold to her when face to face but now that she's no longer justifying those actions he struggles with how to react. It's now clear that the opening line of the OP ("Don't be so nice to me, I just don't know how to react") could just as easily apply to Kyouske as to Kirino. His phone conversation with Saori just serves to drive this point home.

What happened next left me a big confused. We're all quite aware that Kyouske's behavior towards his sister, as far as assisting her in achieving her goals is concerned, has been odd given how little he receives in return. That said, going to a launch event an hour away to buy eroge for her goes beyond what would be reasonable even for somebody you're on good terms with. I had a hard time believing he'd do that. I'll forgive them for it because it led to the hilarious scene where Kyouske runs into Akagi at the launch event. Kyouske's sudden acceptance that someone's sister would ask her brother to buy such a game was funny enough, but Akagi's declaration of "I like homos! I like them a lot! I love them!" followed by the applause of all the girls (women?) in line had me on the verge of tears.

The title of this new game was delightfully ridiculous. "I'd never steal something like onii-chan's pantsu"? Some people will buy anything. The following scene where it's revealed the Kirino is planning to leave for America felt somewhat abrupt. Yes, there was the hint that such a thing was possible since Kirino said that the next life counseling was the last, but it was clear at this point that they are trying to fit an ending that really needs 2-3 episodes into one episode even with the extra time they gained by omitting the OP.

What followed could only be described as dueling tsundres of epic proportions. Sometimes (ok, all the time) I wish these two could just be honest with each other. Fortunately a falling laptop and mouse was there to say what they were both thinking. The way that played out felt pretty contrived but hey, what can you do? It was pretty clear to me that Kirino had no intention to actually leave for America and that she had expected Kyouske to tell her to stay, thus giving her an excuse to do what she had planned on doing all along.

The ending wrapped things up pretty well. Kyouske seems to have finally realized that the solution to Kirino's antics is to just ignore them. Now that he's figured out how she really feels it all seems kind of silly now doesn't it? (cute even?) I would be remiss if I didn't mention what was the high point of the episode. Namely, Kuroneko dancing in front of the mirror in her cat-maid outfit while her siblings watch in horror.

Overall it was a good episode with a lot of laugh out loud moments but I think it could have been better if it had been given more time. A lot happened in this episode (as evidenced by how much I just wrote ), much more than in a standard 22 minute episode. The way I see it, the writers have nobody to blame for this but themselves as several of the previous episodes dragged and could have been removed or shortened to make space for a longer "good end." I'm hopeful that the "true end" won't have these issues because it will be spaced out over 4 episodes instead of 1.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:32   Link #37
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
7. Oh yeah, I forgot -- the tissues full of blood --- but Kyousuke doesn't have any bruises. Does this mean.....?
She headbutted him in the nose and he got a nosebleed (a real nosebleed, not an anime nosebleed). If you've ever had one of those they just sometimes never seem to end so you lose a lot of tissues wiping up the blood.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:33   Link #38
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Seeing this as an alternative path to the original end, it's definitely a "good ending" but not the "best" and "true" end. Dere Kirino is definitely weird but HNNG-inducing. I'm actually amazed how this series has become a visual novel kind of adaptation where there are alternative paths to choose from.
Notable things:
Spoiler for for caution:

I enjoyed it, this can be a good alternative if the original goes to a bad end.
Dude now that I think about #7 it really makes you wonder haha. Specially Kyousuke's reaction after hearing that "life consultation" is not over
Old 2010-12-19, 22:36   Link #39
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Was very abrupt at the end. Guess it gives people a reason to buy the DVDs. Seems like both Kirino and Kyousuke very much follow their father

It was quite open so now I just want more!
Old 2010-12-19, 22:43   Link #40
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Gotta love that Kyousuke was happy about the life consultation not being over
Closed Thread