AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-05, 18:34   Link #2001
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was watching a youtube playthrough last night for like 3 hours. Oh the things I saw...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 18:42   Link #2002
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Datablitz just texted and said my copy will be ready at 4pm later, which is about 9 hours from now.

I should go.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:31   Link #2003
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I don't get it.

Didn't care much but I heard awhile back that they had sold out on CE and weren't selling them anymore.

Then a few weeks ago I check Futureshop and they got tons of supplies of CE and I just got an email that it's shipping now.

How's them for apples?

Wasn't planning on getting the CE, not sure what the hell or why I even bought the CE as I usually just go to the store to buy it first day. In fact I never even go to Futureshop as I hate them but I don't know, something made me wanna get the CE I...oh my gaww...........

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:31   Link #2004
Who

Got up to a mission involving Jack. I love what they did to her.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 22:30   Link #2005
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So been following this particular tweet series http://twitter.com/#!/AllianceNewsNet, which has meta-posts starring Emily Wong (one of the good reporters from ME1) covering the invasion of Earth. It's oddly gripping... although I hope it ends well, looks like the situation on the ground is looking bad

*still waiting for his retail copy to arrive*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 23:05   Link #2006
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Failed the lucky draw for the Normandy SR-2 figurine.

Ah well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 23:14   Link #2007
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Twitter Feeds:

*Salutes*

At least, now I know what my Shepard will be fighting for. Those Reapers SHALL PAY

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-03-06, 00:39   Link #2008
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Twitter Feeds:

*Salutes*

At least, now I know what my Shepard will be fighting for. Those Reapers SHALL PAY
I think it would do her justice if during the actual retaking of earth we'd actually find her.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:04   Link #2009
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sounds like one of those "Complete the game under a certain amount of time, and you will find her" kinda achievement.

Who know's. If you guys like her enough, BW would stick her in with a dlc and extract more moolah.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:23   Link #2010
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Sounds like one of those "Complete the game under a certain amount of time, and you will find her" kinda achievement.

Who know's. If you guys like her enough, BW would stick her in with a dlc and extract more moolah.
All I demand is equal treatment. If the good reporter has to die, then so does the bad reporter.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:42   Link #2011
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
All I demand is equal treatment. If the good reporter has to die, then so does the bad reporter.
We already get to sock Al-Jilani for the third time though. Personally inflicting pain on the bad reporter is better than wishing her dead by Reaper hands

Old 2012-03-06, 04:55   Link #2012
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
We already get to sock Al-Jilani for the third time though. Personally inflicting pain on the bad reporter is better than wishing her dead by Reaper hands
By Reaper hands? And turn her into a martyr? Too good for her.

Get her converted by a Dragon's Teeth and then we could have fun blowing her up.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:55   Link #2013
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There was surprisingly a lot of people at the local Datablitz. I arrived as they were opening the t-shirt boxes and there was already a line in the store.

Installing now, and excuse me as I disappear for a while.
Old 2012-03-06, 05:29   Link #2014
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There was surprisingly a lot of people at the local Datablitz. I arrived as they were opening the t-shirt boxes and there was already a line in the store.

Installing now, and excuse me as I disappear for a while.
It was better in the Datablitz I was in. People who've been waiting there since 10am, and when the preorder T-shirts arrived they handed them out immediately so we could have more patience to wait for the game.

There was like a couple of dozen people waiting in there all waiting for ME3.

Also, checked out MP first to unlock my free MP character first (I got a Turian Soldier! ). What surprised me though was that asides from the Starter Pack, I also had a "Battlefield 3 Pack" that included a "Battlefield 3 Soldier" character. Basically a 5th Soldier character, it's a Human Male Soldier that has an color scheme similar to the soldier in the BF3 cover (you can't customize his appearance, only his name). Also, instead of Concussive Shot, he has Carnage

Take a look:

Old 2012-03-06, 06:44   Link #2015
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Unlocked my EU copy a bit early with a little bit of IP swapping (does that even count as piracy when it's a paid for copy and stores in your country are selling the game anyway?) and I got a turian sentinel in my own starterpack.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-03-06 at 08:10.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 06:58   Link #2016
Who

Can I start discussing spoilers now? Or am I still on lockdown?
Old 2012-03-06, 08:00   Link #2017
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ wait till tomorrow to even put spoiler tags lol

Quote:
It was better in the Datablitz I was in. People who've been waiting there since 10am, and when the preorder T-shirts arrived they handed them out immediately so we could have more patience to wait for the game.

There was like a couple of dozen people waiting in there all waiting for ME3.

Also, checked out MP first to unlock my free MP character first (I got a Turian Soldier! ). What surprised me though was that asides from the Starter Pack, I also had a "Battlefield 3 Pack" that included a "Battlefield 3 Soldier" character. Basically a 5th Soldier character, it's a Human Male Soldier that has an color scheme similar to the soldier in the BF3 cover (you can't customize his appearance, only his name). Also, instead of Concussive Shot, he has Carnage

Take a look:

how did you get the Battlefield guy?
Old 2012-03-06, 08:11   Link #2018
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You just need an active BF3 account.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:19   Link #2019
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've put three hours into this thing and I have one comment:

Massive galactic fuckstorm is an understatement. Many sci-fi games claim to bring in galactic scale and urgency, few games deliver on said claim. The Mass Effect series is one of few games, and this game... it's hard to put into perspective how Bioware managed to present that. In recent years very few games for me have managed to weigh in it's world and it's situation in such a way that it actually feels like a physically heavy burden even for a piece of fiction. Games like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus would be examples where you could feel the situation so much for me it felt almost somatic. Though Mass Effect 3 doesn't reach such heart and soul reaching levels as those games, Bioware at least for the first few hours managed to do something I haven't felt in a long time.

I know the galaxy is in one massive fuckstorm, and by god I can feel it.
Old 2012-03-06, 08:24   Link #2020
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^ wait till tomorrow to even put spoiler tags lol
Fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I just ran into one of the harder "which faction do I support" choices. I'll have to wait to figure that one out.

Mordin singing several different songs was glorious. So glad the ME2 squad is relevant in their own way, even if they're not part of your permanent squad.

Tags
effect, games, mass