Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 07:40   Link #561
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Totally agree with Triple R... its the audience particular the fans who corrupts the decency of a particular anime... delusional and delusional speculations based of fictional hints are sh!T...
And how exactly are you agreeing with him by doing the same thing that he hates - calling fans delusional or other some expletive?
Old 2013-04-13, 07:48   Link #562
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
And how exactly are you agreeing with him by doing the same thing that he hates - calling fans delusional or other some expletive?
Oh my... this will get personal... IJMHO my friend... IJMHO... People shares different taste and different things.... I don't mention names so there is nothing to be upset about....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:09   Link #563
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Oh my... this will get personal... IJMHO my friend... IJMHO... People shares different taste and different things.... I don't mention names so there is nothing to be upset about....
Which is..... completely ignoring my point? You said you completely agreed with his post which in essence said this - Triple_R does not like people criticizing a show via antagonizing its fanbase and little to no arguments to support how bad they think the SHOW is (correct me if I'm wrong)

I have no problem with it being your opinion. I myself hate Justin Beiber fans - some of them anyway. But at least read what you are agreeing with.

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-04-13 at 18:40.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:10   Link #564
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Which is..... completely ignoring my point? You said you completely agreed with his post which in essence said this - Triple_R does not like people criticizing a show via antagonizing its fanbase and little to no arguments to support how bad they the think SHOW is (correct me if I'm wrong)

I have no problem with it being your opinion. I myself hate Justin Beiber fans - some of them anyone. But at least read what you are agreeing with.
*salutes Understood!
Old 2013-04-13, 11:20   Link #565
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
You said you completely agreed with his post which in essence said this - Triple_R does not like people criticizing a show via antagonizing its fanbase and little to no arguments to support how bad they the think SHOW is (correct me if I'm wrong)
That is correct.

To be clear, I don't necessarily have a problem with people liking a show but disliking its fanbase, or at least parts of the fanbase. But disliking a show's fanbase should have little-to-nothing to do with your take on the show itself, imo.

Whatever you think of Trekkies, Star Trek: DS9 is an exceptionally well-written show with many compelling and multifaceted main cast members/recurring characters. It has lots of great drama and plot twists and intrigue. And The Sisko is an impressive badass that's basically Commander Shaft in space.
Old 2013-04-13, 11:45   Link #566
CJ_Walker

Clannad.

This fucking show.

I tried it out to see what it was all about, it started interesting at first, and kinda funny.

the fuko arc happened and I liked it. but after getting to episode 10 I realized what was bothering me about the show. . .

All of the girls are borderline retarded! Needing the blue haired guy to "save" them. . .

I swear those girls have the IQ of 5! especially the Genius girl who couldn't even introduce herself, something people learn in first grade.

I stopped watching after that, I felt like my IQ was going drop the more I watched it.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 11:47   Link #567
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To be clear, I don't necessarily have a problem with people liking a show but disliking its fanbase, or at least parts of the fanbase. But disliking a show's fanbase should have little-to-nothing to do with your take on the show itself, imo.
Right because I can't even begin to say how many series I love but hate the fandoms. I was just complaining about the Chihayafuru fandom on twitter.

That being said I fully admit I dislike the first Fullmetal Alchemist series in large part because of the fandom for it.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:20   Link #568
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This kind of argument also annoys me a lot. I've read some harsh criticisms of K-On!, Love Live!, and some other moe-oriented shows that weren't really valid criticisms of those shows at all - Just criticisms of their target audience.

Which I frankly think is a totally illegitimate way to go about things. It would be like calling Star Trek trash just because some of the most hardcore Trekkies cross the line sometimes and get a bit too obsessed with it.

I'm sympathetic to people who just don't like moe. Or who just don't life "fluff". But arguing that an anime show is trash just because you dislike its target audience is really intellectually lazy, let alone intellectually dishonest.
Right, I hate many shows, but it'd be silly to hate people for liking a show. I really just have this to say on to many people:

You are entitled to an opinion, but nobody is required to give a fuck about your opinion, so stop touting around certain standards about how *you* feel that anime should be perceived and to stop projecting slants against anime as slants against you. Seriously, nobody gives a fuck about you. Fuck you. All that serious business? If you don't want people laughing at you for your hobbies, I'd suggest deleting your complaints, since those are humorous in the bad way!

I live with the realization that not everyone gives a fuck about me or my opinions, but that's ok, since I'm not an insecure douchebag who needs to attention whore their way to stardom. Usually.

Though it could be considered basic human respect, though this being the internet tends to be insignificant.

And to clarify I'm not touting all those "Fuck You"'s at triple.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-04-13 at 19:33.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:17   Link #569
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Right, I hate many shows, but it'd be silly to hate people for liking a show. I really just have this to say on to many people:

You are entitled to an opinion, but nobody is required to give a fuck about your opinion, so stop touting around certain standards about how *you* feel that anime should be perceived and to stop projecting slants against anime as slants against you. Seriously, nobody gives a fuck about you. Fuck you. All that serious business? If you don't want people laughing at you for your hobbies, I'd suggest deleting your complaints, since those are humorous in the bad way!

I live with the realization that not everyone gives a fuck about me or my opinions, but that's ok, since I'm not an insecure douchebag who needs to attention whore their way to stardom. Usually.

Though it could be considered basic human respect, though this being the internet tends to be insignificant.

Now I should take the role of the person asking "who gives a damn about you giving a damn about someone else's opinion". But then someone else could ask me "who gives a damn about you asking Archon_Wing who he thinks is giving a damn about him giving a damn about someone else's opinion" and as you see this could be continued until infinity.

So let's just say we are all just people who are bored and/or have too much freetime.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:13   Link #570
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sure. But one should always try to say something meaningful. Although I will argue that I already acknowledged that nobody cares about how I think either, at least by default.

I am pointing out that ad hominem attacks against random people are bad. You should always save the insults for people after they've sullied themselves with faulty logic, not before.

Therefore it shouldn't be.
"Your logic is wrong because you're an idiot" it should be
"Your logic is wrong, and you're an idiot because..."

And yes, idleness is the Devil's Workshop

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 03:10   Link #571
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The fact that slave labor made anime....
Old 2013-04-14, 03:19   Link #572
NoemiChan
Banned

The fact that adults are portrait dumb and human existence lies on the hands of high school students....
Old 2013-04-14, 05:50   Link #573
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

I read this thread in and out and this post is the one I like best. I agree with not hating the fans or viewers. Sometimes there are NSFW, moe , PG , fanart ,cosplay and all kind of pictures posted in discussion threads. I don't believe it's because they want to spoil the thread. Sometimes there is no sub-forum for particular series, so they(we) have to post it in a single thread. So I don't mind that particularly and even think enjoyable since I have a chance to browse consolidate contents in one place. But as a human nature, we would like to control things and don't want to see the uncontrollable things flying around here and there. But after watching the anime, you would like to free your thoughts from your head and the place that allow for that kind of brainfart is the place like discussion. Even you wrote a short sentence of contribution, your post is your hallmark that signified that you finished watching something and how you felt about it. So all in all I think it's a little too harsh to hate a particular fanbase because their opinion didn't meet your expectation.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 11:01   Link #574
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Fillers and adaptation decays (Seriously, just wait till the original is finished to adopt all of it, bakas!).
Old 2013-04-14, 11:32   Link #575
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Clannad.

This fucking show.

I tried it out to see what it was all about, it started interesting at first, and kinda funny.

the fuko arc happened and I liked it. but after getting to episode 10 I realized what was bothering me about the show. . .

All of the girls are borderline retarded! Needing the blue haired guy to "save" them. . .

I swear those girls have the IQ of 5! especially the Genius girl who couldn't even introduce herself, something people learn in first grade.

I stopped watching after that, I felt like my IQ was going drop the more I watched it.
Well that usually happens in harems of the utsuge genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
Fillers and adaptation decays (Seriously, just wait till the original is finished to adopt all of it, bakas!).
I know right and this is a major issue for seemingly never ending manga like One Piece.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:56   Link #576
judasmartel
*Author

I hate it when people spew up terms such as "shounen" to describe shows they don't like, and yet disqualify shows they like from those terms.

It's like saying that Accel World is shounen and SAO is not. I don't know, but it's the way I think people see it.

Quote:
The fact that adults are portrait dumb and human existence lies on the hands of high school students....
I have read something along the lines of "wish fulfillment" and the fact that if producers want to appeal to young people, they must create a main character they can relate to. In that article I have read (I forgot where I might have read it),m making a teenage MC is the best way to appeal to a younger audience.

I believe it is also possible for younger people to relate to a 20-something hero (he serves as a role model for younger readers), but nothing else can empower a teenage reader better than a teenager just like himself/herself doing physics-defying stunts and making mature decisions at such a young age.

You know, it's like, "hey, the MC is 14 years old like me, and yet he's so strong and mature!"

The other side of the coin is that some people expect their TEENAGE protagonist (who is in a stage where EMOTIONS RUN HIGH) to make mature decisions like a full-grown adult. Thing is, while there ARE teenagers in real life who are capable of that, it still depends on the person. It has something to do with readers (accidentally or otherwise) trying to frame the story from THE READER'S perspective instead of THE CHARACTER'S perspective.

For example, if I read a story where a character makes a decision which is irrational from my POV, I could either bash the character right away for not making the right decision from MY POV which could have been derived in hindsight, or try to frame it from the character's POV and determine the factors that may have affected his decision.

The reader might know that Events A and B happened, but if the character only saw Event A happened, the reader should not expect the character to make the right decision based on Event B. The character can only decide based on Event A, unless another character informs him of Event B before he could make the decision.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:01   Link #577
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
What about the current unfotunate implication that every men are all irredeemable warmongering sociopaths who should be kept away from any device related to warfare? (Yes, I am looking at you Garupan and YOUR STUPID reason for NO MEN ALLOWED).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:07   Link #578
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What about the current unfotunate implication that every men are all irredeemable warmongering sociopaths who should be kept away from any device related to warfare? (Yes, I am looking at you Garupan and YOUR STUPID reason for NO MEN ALLOWED).
Shall we bring in a good measure of FREAKING GENDER EQUALITY PUNCH to destroy that illusion?

Women (at least in anime, anyways) are equally capable of being just like that, you know.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:17   Link #579
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quantity over quality. Anime studios are doing the same mistake which Hollywood are doing for generations.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:22   Link #580
NoemiChan
Banned

Perversion over education....