Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 15:58   Link #11241
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Milk banned in schools in Niigata
NSFW : Excerpt courtesy of Sankaku

These people probably have never heard of nasi lemak.
Isn't that made with coconut milk?

Dairy products are a relatively recent addition.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 22:54   Link #11242
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
"Doesn't go well with rice" my ass. The idiot has obviously never heard of Kheer/Payasam. Best sweet food from my country ever.
Old 2014-04-05, 00:10   Link #11243
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't that made with coconut milk?

Dairy products are a relatively recent addition.
"Healthier alternatives" include low-fat milk.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 04:46   Link #11244
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still need the nutrients to grow larger than the old average.
Old 2014-04-05, 21:34   Link #11245
AnimeFan188

UFOs Descend on Deer in Mississippi Woods:

"There's something mysterious in the sky. Sometimes it's a saucer-shaped object.
Sometimes it's a series of lights that change in formation, color and speed. Other
times someone steps forward to admit that the mystery is, well, nothing more than
a hoax. One thing is certain: the phenomena of UFOs, or unidentified flying objects,
will keep many with their eyes (and cameras) fixed on the skies for years to come.
(Click each title to see video on mobile devices.)"

See:

http://gma.yahoo.com/ufo-mystery-lig...ws-travel.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 07:40   Link #11246
Tiberium Wolf

Police: Man Calls 911 After Injury During Break-In

I think he should stop going into high places.
Old 2014-04-08, 11:41   Link #11247
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1700 to 2600 dollars a month those are MacDonald wages.
We talking store managers?

At the current US wages, there's no way a McD clerk would make $1700/mo, much less $2600.

An average McDonald wage is barely above minimum, $7.80-8.00, less than $1300/mo.
(which is hard to get by even in rural areas, much less so in cities)

You underestimate the degree of the corporate exploit of the poor here.
And let me tell you, GOP pundit nutjobs have increasingly voicing that even this is too much, and that they should get treated with even less.
Old 2014-04-08, 11:58   Link #11248
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

JSDF Gets New Moe Mascot Girls: Koume, Nobara, Hibari

If they want more recruits, they need a catchy theme song. Like this.

Old 2014-04-08, 12:30   Link #11249
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
We talking store managers?

At the current US wages, there's no way a McD clerk would make $1700/mo, much less $2600.

An average McDonald wage is barely above minimum, $7.80-8.00, less than $1300/mo.
(which is hard to get by even in rural areas, much less so in cities)

You underestimate the degree of the corporate exploit of the poor here.
And let me tell you, GOP pundit nutjobs have increasingly voicing that even this is too much, and that they should get treated with even less.
depends on the area it is 9.00 to 10.00 a hour (higher in SF)
Old 2014-04-09, 02:24   Link #11250
AnimeFan188

California's senator Yee indicted on gun, corruption charges:

"A prominent Democratic California state senator and gun-control advocate was
indicted by a San Francisco grand jury on charges of corruption and conspiracy to
traffic in firearms, according to court documents released on Friday."

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A331K720140404

Hmmm, a gun-running, gun-control advocate .................
Old 2014-04-10, 09:33   Link #11251
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Teen fishing at Bedok Reservoir could have been warned more diplomatically: Certis Cisco

Quote:
Certis Cisco Singapore says that an incident involving two officers and a teen fishing at a non-designated area in Bedok Reservoir could have been better managed in a more “professional and diplomatic manner”.

“Our Protection Officers are assigned to look out for people who engage in inappropriate use of the premise including fishing and endangering their lives. The 16 year old boy has been warned on several occasions not to fish in non-designated fishing areas,” the company said in a statement to Yahoo Singapore on Wednesday.

The explanation came a day after a three minute 44 second clip of the incident was posted on local commentary blog The Real Singapore, stirring debate.

In a post titled ‘2 Cisco officers abusing their authority and harassing me while I was fishing’, the teenager tells how he had felt harassed when being approached by two officers prohibiting him from fishing at that spot.

He said, “I am a regular fisherman and I know the spot I am in is perfectly legal and they asked me not to move my belongings to the area I am fishing…They said that they will look after my belongings, but why do I need 2 CISCO officers to look after my things? Why can't I move my belongings? I suspect these 2 people want to steal my things… .”

The teenager also highlighted the officers’ poor language, “They seem to be lacking Basic English communication skills and I can’t even understand them well. If they can’t even communicate in simple English then how are they supposed to do their job?”

The video has garnered over 2,000 shares since it was published on social media.

The post sparked a debate among readers, with many slamming the young fisherman for complaining about the incident and using “poor communication” to reprimand the officers. Others supported the boy, blaming the officers for “gangster” behavior.

Facebook user Lionel Boey said, “They [officers] handled the situation poorly and perhaps could not express themselves well. However it seems that the boy is trying to undermine his act of fishing at an area where it’s prohibited by using ‘poor communication’ as a cover and worse, being a repeat offender.”

Another user Teo Siew Eng also commented on the post, in which the boy also plead for a complaint to be lodged against the officers, saying, “If you think you have a case against the officer then why can’t you complain to their respective authority rather than asking us to complain on behalf of you. We will not be your scapegoat….”

A Jack Lee, Robin Fwd and a Nelson Sng were among the commenters who said that the officers behaved like “gangsters”.
Erm security officers are that aggressive - any lapse in confidence would have you rolled over. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. The officer should have just told him off that those are his belongings and it is his responsibility to take care of them himself, then insist that it is his belongings and not theirs. If he is not carrying his ID, then call in the police - it is LEGAL for them to do that under the National Registration Act if he is suspected of an offence AND not cooperating.

Quote:
Onus of proof of contents of written applications and of identity cards, etc.
11. The onus of proving the truth of the contents of any written application for registration made under the provisions of this Act and any regulations made thereunder or the contents of an identity card shall be on the applicant or on the person to whom the identity card was issued or on any other person alleging the truth of the contents.

Arrest and search
—(1) Where any person —
(a) is reasonably suspected by a registration officer or police officer of the commission of any offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder; or

(b) on demand by a registration officer or a police officer —

(i)does not give his name and address;
(ii)gives a name or address which the officer has reason to believe is false; or
(iii)gives as his address a place outside Singapore,

that person may be arrested without warrant by the registration officer or police officer.
Whiny little bitch needs to grow thicker skin.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-04-10, 13:14   Link #11252
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Teen fishing at Bedok Reservoir could have been warned more diplomatically: Certis Cisco

Erm security officers are that aggressive - any lapse in confidence would have you rolled over. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. The officer should have just told him off that those are his belongings and it is his responsibility to take care of them himself, then insist that it is his belongings and not theirs. If he is not carrying his ID, then call in the police - it is LEGAL for them to do that under the National Registration Act if he is suspected of an offence AND not cooperating.

Whiny little bitch needs to grow thicker skin.
Then give police another boh liao paperwork case XDD
Old 2014-04-10, 22:06   Link #11253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Then give police another boh liao paperwork case XDD
It is boliao OFC : this should be handled by MOE and MCYS, not some private security or the SPF. Kid has some serious literacy issues for not reading the signs yet pretends to be good at language.

Handling incidents is never easy because there is always some people who will try to outsmart you; but it is not your job to judge them. You are an enforcer, not the jury, journalist or judge.

Old 2014-04-12, 21:07   Link #11254
JokerD

Pakistan court withdraws attempted murder case against baby
So apparently in Pakistani, a nine month old baby is also deadly.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 03:09   Link #11255
AnimeFan188

The US Navy's Real-Life Captain Kirk Got An Awesome Letter From William
Shatner:

"The captain and crew of the futuristic USS Zumwalt (DDG-1000) received an
awesome letter from actor William Shatner prior to the ship's christening on
Saturday.

The ship, which will be the most technologically-advanced destroyer in the Navy
when it becomes operational, is commanded by a real-life Capt. James Kirk. And
while he's obviously of no relation to the Capt. Kirk played by William Shatner in
"Star Trek," many have had fun with that coincidence."

See:

http://www.businessinsider.com/willi...-letter-2014-4
Old 2014-04-14, 03:48   Link #11256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm sort of howing somehow the guy gets a promotion in status (not rank just yet) for when the CVN-80 is commissioned is a decade or so...the next USS Enterprise.
Old 2014-04-16, 08:11   Link #11257
Sammy388

This is more of a fact than a story but in Australia instead of the Easter bunny they have the Easter Bilby. Cute, huh?
Sammy388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 12:39   Link #11258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Singaporeans slam NEA's $120 licence requirement for tissue sellers

Quote:
Singaporeans on social media reacted angrily to news that tissue sellers at hawker centres and street corners are being required to pay for an annual licence.

This came from a statement made by the National Environment Agency (NEA) on Tuesday afternoon in response to an online letter on the issue.

The NEA noted that the “nominal fee” of $120 a year, or $10 a month, “entitles them to peddle their wares at fixed locations without having to pay any rent”.

Tissue peddlers, therefore, fall within this category of street hawkers, and are required to pay $120 for annual licences to sell tissue in public, and those who do not are in breach of the laws against itinerant hawking, it said.

In a post on its Facebook page earlier this week, it said that of the 362 people who have been issued licences to sell ice cream, nuts, crackers, canned drinks, costume jewellery, newspapers, phone cards and toiletries, only 11 are tissue paper sellers.

They stressed, however, that peddlers who are needy are referred to “relevant agencies” by the NEA for “appropriate assistance”.

Commenting on the post, users criticised the NEA for lacking compassion and for being “disgraceful”.

Said Eric Chiew, “I believe that whoever came up with this idiocy has no idea what the word ‘compassion’ means. Think about it, if they weren’t needy, would they be out on the streets selling tissue paper? Honestly, just leave them alone, did they bother you?”

“Dear NEA, where is your compassion and spirit of charity?” asked Engie Ho. “Do you not realize that they are unemployed and are having trouble finding employment?… Do you seriously want to fine beggars?”

Another user Yeo Yeu Ann noted that from her anecdotal experience, one man she spoke to was unsuccessful in applying for a tissue-selling licence despite going to his Member of Parliament repeatedly, even though selling tissue is “the only thing he can do”.

“I. AM. ANGRY. This is the kind of ‘tai-chi’, pass-the-buck attitude that reflects EXTREMELY poorly on the NEA,” she wrote. “Please look into a more reasonable solution… please do the right thing. Not stupid things like this.”

“Leave them alone! They’re not hurting anyone!” added another user named Sushikin Ky.

The letter that was published on local website The Real Singapore, where its writer, relating a conversation he had with a visually-impaired tissue seller, asked why they were required to fork out the amount for the licence.

According to Today, the NEA’s licence scheme for street hawkers began in the year 2000. Spokespersons for them said also that unlicensed tissue paper sellers will be warned against hawking if they are found doing so.

“If they ignore the warning, the NEA will take enforcement action against them, just as it does for other illegal hawkers,” it was quoted as saying.

The daily also reported that NEA has since 2012 taken action against 11 unlicensed tissue paper sellers.
For these sellers, it is around $1 for every 3 packets they sell; they are usually handicapped and low-education whose jobs are taken over by the influx of foreign workers.

Score 2 :

Temasek Nigeria Deal Shows Interest in Faster-Growing Africa

Quote:
The second major acquisition in Africa by Temasek Holdings Pte or one of its units in six months shows the growing interest in a continent where many countries are expanding faster then developed markets.

Singapore’s state-owned investment company will buy a stake in Seven Energy International Ltd. for $150 million, the Nigerian closely-held energy company said in a statement April 14. That follows an announcement in November of a $1.3 billion investment in three gas blocks offshore Tanzania by Temasek’s liquefied natural gas unit Pavilion Energy Pte.

“It ticks all the right Temasek boxes as it is an investment in a fast-growing emerging economy and it is an investment in resources,” said Song Seng Wun, a Singapore-based economist at CIMB Group Holdings Bhd. (CIMB) “They are slowly getting more comfortable with the region.”

Temasek joins other investors including Carlyle Group LP and Robert Diamond’s Atlas Mara Co-Nvest Ltd. (ATMA) that are seeking to profit from the continent’s development. Nigeria has the potential to be one of the top 15 economies in the world by 2050, fueled by its population, which would account for about a fifth of Africa’s people by then, Jim O’Neill, a former chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, wrote in a Bloomberg View column April 6.

“We are interested in investment opportunities in Africa where they fit our investment themes; in particular, around the transformation of economies and the demand for consumption by growing populations,” Temasek spokesman Stephen Forshaw said.

The International Monetary Fund forecast this month economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa will accelerate to 5.4 percent this year from 4.9 percent in 2013. It also forecast growth in Nigeria would rise to 7.1 percent from 6.3 percent.
Bomb Attack

Ahead of the most recent investments in Africa, Temasek’s assets in the continent, central Asia and the Middle East accounted for just 2 percent of its total holdings as of March 31, 2013, according to its latest annual report published in July. That’s on a par with investments in Latin America and compares to 13 percent in Australia and New Zealand, and 12 percent in North America and Europe.

Investing as little as $150 million in a Nigerian company makes sense because the country is still politically unstable, Song said.

At least 75 people were killed April 14 in the worst-ever bomb attack on Nigeria’s capital Abuja, which the country’s President Goodluck Jonathan blamed on Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

Security forces are fighting a four-year-old insurgency by Boko Haram, which has killed thousands of people in gun and bomb attacks in the country’s north and Abuja. With less than a year before general elections, the government is increasingly stretched in its efforts to quell violence across huge swathes of the West African nation.
Frontier Market

“One has to have a very high-risk appetite to invest in a failed state like Nigeria,” Friedrich Wu, an adjunct associate professor at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore said in an e-mail. “After the BRIC economies, investors are chasing the next frontier markets to pour their money in. Africa has been talked up by various analysts and the media, but it could turn out to be a nightmare or quagmire.”

Founded in 2004, Seven Energy focuses on the emerging Nigerian domestic gas market, according to the statement.

Apart from Temasek, International Finance Corp., a unit of the World Bank, will invest $75 million and the IFC African, Latin American and Caribbean Fund $30 million, Seven Energy said.

Robert Diamond’s Atlas Mara on April 6 said it was buying a stake in state-owned Development Bank of Rwanda after previously agreeing to acquire Gaborone, Botswana-based financial services company BancABC for as much as $265 million.

The city-state’s investment firm in August 2011 said its unit, Sennett Investments Ltd., and E. Oppenheimer & Son, the investment holding company of the Oppenheimer family, would form an Africa-focused private equity joint venture that would primarily buy stakes in African consumer and agricultural businesses.
Ok which Prince are we helping this time.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2014-04-17 at 13:03.
Old 2014-04-18, 21:33   Link #11259
AnimeFan188

Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal
cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers:

"Criminals in Shropshire have reportedly started using unmanned drones fitted with
heat-seeking cameras to steal from and extort illegal cannabis farms.

Apparently taking a leaf out of the book of the police themselves, violent robbers
said that the growers make perfect targets because the victims will not report
incidents to the authorities."

See:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9267587.html
Old 2014-04-19, 20:32   Link #11260
AnimeFan188

A Russian Lawmaker Just Ordered His Aide To Rape A Journalist On Live TV:

"This was after Vladimir Zhirinovsky attacked the reporter’s “uterine frenzy.”"

See:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/miriamelder/...pe-a-journalis