Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-22, 07:48   Link #81
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
And on a totally unrelated note which shouldn't be here but I'm doing it strategically: The blog of someone who watches this raw has been down for some time, I kind of miss it, hope it'll be up soon.
If I were to know anything about this person, I might be able to tell you that unfortunately they exceeded their bandwidth on the site for the month due to ballooning traffic to the blog and one of the other users of the domain using huge-ass pictures for her eBay listings; I might also be able to tell you that they're looking into getting cheaper hosting but will hopefully pay a bit extra this month for the bandwidth, but co-ordinating this between the three co-owners (two of whom live in Japan and the other in the UK) is a little difficult. But of course, I couldn't necessarily tell you this

I'm playing catch-up at the moment anyway; I didn't watch any anime all week until yesterday due to other concerns, and I'm working my way through chronologically; I'm up to Nana on Wednesday, but should get around to Jyu-Oh-Sei this afternoon.

Of course, I'll be watching Ergo Proxy the minute it downloads though
Old 2006-04-22, 12:28   Link #82
moofs
TL to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Rai is still alive because...
Spoiler:

I concur with wao regarding the manner in which the sibling rivalry starts, but I think Rai wouldn't survive on his own. I think that someone will save him and that someone will not be the good guy like Zagi or Third. Or something like that.
Uh, it's all Tohl in the preview, no Rai... That's Tohl running.
There's a slight chance that the person Tohl (older version) is battling is Rai but I really doubt it (although that guy in the navy suit looks like Rai perhaps...). He looks more like Zagi due to the hair and everything.
Old 2006-04-22, 13:11   Link #83
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofs
Uh, it's all Tohl in the preview, no Rai... That's Tohl running.
Well, they are twins in identical clothing and the only way to discern then is by voice and expression.

I think it's Rai.
Old 2006-04-22, 13:31   Link #84
musouka

Quote:
I think it's Rai.
Spoiler:

Heh, I think this series will definitely surprise some people...
Old 2006-04-22, 21:40   Link #85
wao
OK.

I took a screenshot of the running bit that I think you were referring to... I don't see how it's a very Rai-like expression, actually...
Spoiler:

Though it seems like the manga readers could tell you what's coming up.

Speaking of manga readers, anyone here who happens to have read the whole manga, could you spoil me a bit and say if
Spoiler:
Thank you.

It seems like Weider in-Jelly has sponsored pretty much all of the Noitanima series so far. Except maybe Ayakashi, I dunno...

And that sounds like a rather plausible explanation as to what might have possibly happened to said person; thank you for the extremely well-thought-out and surprisingly realistic scenario! I suppose I shall just hang around and actually do my homework for a change.
Old 2006-04-22, 21:44   Link #86
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Speaking of manga readers, anyone here who happens to have read the whole manga, could you spoil me a bit and say if
Spoiler:
Thank you.
Spoiler for HUGE manga spoiler:
Old 2006-04-22, 21:47   Link #87
wao
OK.

Woohoo! Looks like things will be very very interesting then. Thank you very much! And they don't seem like HUGE spoilers to me because they seem somewhat vague, whatever it is at least it hasn't spoiled the show for me. That's good.

I suppose they can finish the manga in 11 eps... if they leave the last ep for DVD or something I'll.... guh!
Old 2006-04-22, 21:49   Link #88
musouka

Well, I guess they only seem like huge spoilers to me. ^^;; Whats really funny is going back and watching the OP. I'm like, "OMG, I can't believe they put that scene in the OP!!" but I guess if you haven't read the series it doesn't matter...
Old 2006-04-24, 15:15   Link #89
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The Dr.Muraki-wannabe (whom wao christened "captain dude") is actually...
Spoiler:

If you visit the website, they have a neat part where they describe all planets and characters. That guy is there as well.

BTW, this was finally subbed. The first episode is out by some unknown group (I think they are Chinese, since they realeased Chinese fansubs before, according to TokyoTosho). Doesn't really bode well for the quality, but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth and it's not like we have a choice. 8)
Old 2006-04-24, 17:59   Link #90
musouka

Quote:
The Dr.Muraki-wannabe (whom wao christened "captain dude") is actually...
Spoiler:
If you're joking, I'm really sorry for spoiling the joke, but he isn't
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-24, 18:55   Link #91
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
If you're joking, I'm really sorry for spoiling the joke, but he isn't
Spoiler:
http://jyu-oh-sei.com/ -> About Jyu-Oh-Sei -> Character.

Spoiler:

PS: We are talking about the same person, aren't we?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-24, 19:55   Link #92
musouka

No, different person. She was asking about the guy with short white hair that you see for a split second in the OP. Sorry for the miscommunication. ^^;;
Old 2006-04-25, 09:29   Link #93
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Finally there's subs for episode 1. This is really good, the characters look stylish, the story is promising, it baffles me that this title is so overlooked, like Eureka 7. ><
Old 2006-04-25, 16:32   Link #94
asds

okay i just finished reading the 5 vol manga .

ANd I am like :

About the guy in the opening :

Spoiler:

Anyway , the OP is misleading as hell...........Very good move from bones if they wanted people to raise a lot of speculations.
Old 2006-04-26, 00:45   Link #95
evil-samurai

Good first episode I wasn't really keen on the character design's but they aren't bad. The animation is Great as expected, though I'm really interested in seeing some real fight scenes and also how the show is going to connect the story, just from watching the opening they show alot!

One thing that really stuck out about the show is that they have Mugun VA (Champloo), and it suits the type of character he is playing, and the rest of the cast are all doing a good job.

The opening song is different but I think its alright, you have to listen to it a few times to get into it.

Too many spoilers >.< its only 11 ep.s, not long to wait? ^^;
Old 2006-04-26, 04:25   Link #96
Hiruma_ya_ha

The first episode was genuis. i'm pretty sad that it's only 11 epis. I wish there were more .
Old 2006-04-26, 06:19   Link #97
asds

I wonder if they will stick to the manga with the ending. To tell you the truth I would like to see bones version of the final . FDamn i love BGM in this series and the OP isn't so bad.......later that guy singing will be adult Thor so better get used to it now
Old 2006-04-28, 00:46   Link #98
domino
デレデレ

I finally watched episode one of this... and holy crap, I love it! I wasn't expecting this to be so good, since sci-fi stuff usually turns me away.

It reminds me of Escaflowne. It's been so long since I had a good fantasy/sci fi/action-adventure like that. The music is really good, too! And why don't people like the opening? I think the song and animation are awesome! I really want that single... (when is it officially released?)

Bones has done it again... I worship them. *_*; I cant think of anything they animated that I DIDN'T love... Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Ouran High Host Club, and now this... !

This show really kicks ass! It's really refreshing to watch something that's NOT focused around a high school for a change. And yay for characters that aren't all young and pretty! I love shows with some diversity in their casts. I hope this show gets more attention (and more than 11 episodes, for the sake of my sanity). I hope they release episode 2 soon!

Why hasn't this topic been moved into the fansubs forum when the first episode was subbed at least a week ago?
Old 2006-04-28, 09:37   Link #99
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
The music is really good, too!
Looked around a few days ago to see who was doing the music.. and its Hajime Mizoguchi, (though its already been mentioned I would think) who also work on Texhnolyze, which was Amazing!

The Music Producer is, the same guy who worked on the music in Nanoha A's (Yea!) which was all great!! except from some of the cheesy background music >.< They have some of the best BG fight music, I've ever heard.

I didn't notce the music as that good in the first episode of Ju Oh Sei, but it was soild.
Old 2006-04-28, 20:34   Link #100
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

A highly impressive episode 3 aired today. Here is a short summary of the happenenings.

Spoiler:

Good episode. I liked Chen and there was a lot of interesting interplay between characters. Tiz continues playing the Thor Fangirl, but she is a lot more sensible this time. Thor amazes everyone with his quick wit and ingenuity. The guy is really smart and tries (and succeeds) to find a way out of any situation.

As usual, the show looks gorgeous. The new backgrounds and locales are all wonderful to behold and it's great that we get to see many new ones. Animation is top-notch and the duel is fluid, fast and well-choreographed. None of the repeating stock-footage for this fight (yes, I'm talking about you, Glass Fleet!), every single move is original and the scene never loses focus while the camera pans around the fighters. Great stuff, very well animated.

My only disappointment here, and I wouldn't even call it 'disappointment', is the fact that they seem to be returning to the Ochre City, while I was looking forward to Tiz and Thor exploring Chimaera. As this episode showed, the jungle is quite interesting in terms of flora and fauna and it would have been great if we spent more future episodes in the new surroundings.

But we'll see how it turns out next week.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina