AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 22:44   Link #1081
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What's stopping though for the show to have two protagonists though? Clearly in the first Aquarion, a person can be reincarnated 12,000 years later into two people. Why not the same here, where there is a big theory held by many people that Kagura and Amata are merely just two halves of the same whole? In that case, can we not root for Kagura too? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 22:55   Link #1082
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What's stopping though for the show to have two protagonists though? Clearly in the first Aquarion, a person can be reincarnated 12,000 years later into two people. Why not the same here, where there is a big theory held by many people that Kagura and Amata are merely just two halves of the same whole? In that case, can we not root for Kagura too? XD
That's not quite how this story goes. A protagonist is a central character in which the story focuses around, that character is Amata (he leads the mech the subtitle is named after), and he gets the majority of the screen time and everything is based around him. Kagura is the rival who usually gets the the next highest amount of screen time outside of the heroine, the story doesn't focus around Kagura it simply occasionally shows his exploits.

From a literary perspective Kagura is not the protagonist simply a major player. It's extremely rare for such a thing to change. They can both have extremely large parts to play in the story, but one of them will be more important than the other like Fma, Edward was the protagonist of that manga though Alphonse did play an extremely large part. Though Alphonse will probably have played a bigger part in fma than Kagura will. It simply how this sort of story is structured.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 23:00   Link #1083
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I could easily see Kagura become a Vegeta type... in which case, he could conceivably "get the girl" (Bulma did end up with Vegeta, after all).

On a romance conflict level, it's interesting how the fairly standard shojo style romance triangle has been intermingled with the fairly standard shonen/seinen style love triangle.

Shojo: Kagura (Fiery, Brash, "Bad Boy") - Mikono (Female touchpoint character) - Amata (Nice, soft-spoken, somewhat clumsy guy)

Shonen: Mikono (Seemingly sweet and reserved girl, albeit with an edge) - Amata (Male touchpoint character) - Zessica (brash, tomboyish, outgoing genki girl)

The lack of a tsundere makes the shonen/seinen side of things a bit less standard, but it's still a love triangle that tends to fit the mold a lot.

The last time I've seen a setup like this executed this well, I was watching Ranma ½. Yes, it's been that long.

And yeah, Kagura is consistently cockblocking Amata, to put it bluntly. Be glad that he is, because the only alternative would be to have cliche romance misunderstandings everywhere, and that could get old fast. If anybody honestly thought Amata/Mikono could be a set romance by now, they just don't know how Mari Okada rolls.

I'll seriously be quite surprised if the romance conflicts of this anime are settled anytime before the 2nd last episode of the anime.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:01   Link #1084
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Umm Kagura's not the protagonist of this series, he's an anti-hero at best and typical main rival though. I also wouldn't exactly say you were supposed to route for him considering his abduction still has very bad connotations (Mikono doesn't exactly look happy in that vision and his entire plan is still to take her pretty much against her will. It would take a lot more for explanation of his goals in all this for them to expect the viewers to truely route for him.

Really that's the defining factor in how producers plan for the story to take. Amata is probably more of the type of guy that's designed to be routed for and isn't exactly the imposing take him down sorta guy. He also hasn't really done anything. At most you could say they expect the viewers to route for both of them but so far it's still very much in Amata's court.

It's strange to think about it rival wise but Kagura really isn't particularily smart and Amata's actually probably a fair bit more intellgient than him (and Amata isn't exactly a shining beacon of intelligience, he's not dumb just not particularily smart). Considering typically it's the rivals that are the underdogs and are typically a lot smarter than their protagonist counterparts, this certainly is strange.
I don't see how his not being the main character (protagonist) prevents him from having protagonist qualities, that like saying that protagonists cannot have villainous qualities. (Heck, give or take a few quirks, Kagura is not to far off from Apollo, the original protagonist, who started off brutish, unrefined, and vulgar, unlike his rival Sirius.) Yes, he's an anti-hero but, strictly speaking, he has many characteristics that would fit a protagonist in other circumstances. The abduction of undisclosed purpose (for all we know they could be keeping Altair from exploding, or turning into a million deadly bunny rabbits) seems bad at face value, sure enough, but we neither know its purpose nor what it may lead to in regards to the plot. Its standard literary process to frame one of your initial antagonists (Kagura) as more human than the rest, introduce some doubt or reason for him to second guess his purpose (Mikono), and you're right on the path for Heel Face Turn (Episode 15? I'm pulling a number out of my ass.). Further more, the wedding is vague at best, and falls into much the same category as the abductions.

I also didn't say that the viewers truly or completely need to root for Kagura at this point, but that the writers are sowing the seeds for it through making Kagura at least relate-able and human, even if a bit naive and vulgar, in the early stages of the game. They are giving us reasons to look at him in a different light but proper character development takes time, and that's what going on. Character development, slowly but surely. Like I said before, compare him to Jin, to really see the differences between our villains and our pet-villain.

Naturally the viewers will be rooting for Amata. He's our main character and its easiest to root for him right out of the gate, but that doesn't mean its meant to stay that way through the whole show. Some people will (and are) rooting for Kagura by this point because he really can't catch a break at all, and his dead-set nature and determination are probably starting to win points from at least some people watching the show. His whipping boy status is earning him sympathy, which is natural and a clever play by the writing staff, imo.

Defining "the rival" is simplest by usually placing him as the complete opposite of the main character.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:01   Link #1085
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I still don't get it. Having studied creative writing for most of my high school and university days, has my studies lied to me that you can have multiple protagonists in a story?

Old 2012-02-07, 23:04   Link #1086
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I could easily see Kagura become a Vegeta type... in which case, he could conceivably "get the girl" (Bulma did end up with Vegeta, after all).

On a romance conflict level, it's interesting how the fairly standard shojo style romance triangle has been intermingled with the fairly standard shonen/seinen style love triangle.

Shojo: Kagura (Fiery, Brash, "Bad Boy") - Mikono (Female touchpoint character) - Amata (Nice, soft-spoken, somewhat clumsy guy)

Shonen: Mikono (Seemingly sweet girl, albeit with an edge) - Amata (Male touchpoint character) - Zessica (brash, tomboyish genki girl)

The lack of a tsundere makes the shonen/seinen side of things a bit less standard, but it's still a love triangle that tends to fit the mold a lot.

The last time I've seen a setup like this executed this well, I was watching Ranma ½. Yes, it's been that long.

And yeah, Kagura is consistently cockblocking Amata, to put it bluntly. Be glad that he is, because the only alternative would be to have cliche romance misunderstandings everywhere, and that could get old fast. If anybody honestly thought Amata/Mikono could be a set romance by now, they just don't know how Mari Okada rolls.

I'll seriously be quite surprised if the romance conflicts of this anime are settled anytime before the 2nd last episode of the anime.
Yeah that'll be annoying as hell, considering the fighting in this anime isn't even all that great, it's got nice animation but their not exactly fights more like simply showcases, to the main part of the story which is the romance, which'll be dragged on for 20 episodes in a cliche 2 guys 1 girl manner. That's why it's good to have an actual plot outside of the romance which this show seemingly doesn't have.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:10   Link #1087
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Amata and Shrade are reverse cockblocking him. All's fair in love and war.

Let's just hope this doesn't turn into True Tears.

Quote:
I still don't get it. Having studied creative writing for most of my high school and university days, has my studies lied to me that you can have multiple protagonists in a story?
Nah, I agree with you.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:13   Link #1088
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh, my comment was for Tenchi mainly. It just so happened that three of us posted within 1 minute of each other that it seemed weird, and I'm too lazy for those quote thingies unless its a long post from me.

Old 2012-02-07, 23:15   Link #1089
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Oh, my comment was for Tenchi mainly. It just so happened that three of us posted within 1 minute of each other that it seemed weird, and I'm too lazy for those quote thingies unless its a long post from me.
I knew who it was referencing, I was just giving you support. Though perhaps worded poorly.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:30   Link #1090
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I don't see how his not being the main character (protagonist) prevents him from having protagonist qualities, that like saying that protagonists cannot have villainous qualities. (Heck, give or take a few quirks, Kagura is not to far off from Apollo, the original protagonist, who started off brutish, unrefined, and vulgar, unlike his rival Sirius.) Yes, he's an anti-hero but, strictly speaking, he has many characteristics that would fit a protagonist in other circumstances. The abduction of undisclosed purpose (for all we know they could be keeping Altair from exploding, or turning into a million deadly bunny rabbits) seems bad at face value, sure enough, but we neither know its purpose nor what it may lead to in regards to the plot. Its standard literary process to frame one of your initial antagonists (Kagura) as more human than the rest, introduce some doubt or reason for him to second guess his purpose (Mikono), and you're right on the path for Heel Face Turn (Episode 15? I'm pulling a number out of my ass.). Further more, the wedding is vague at best, and falls into much the same category as the abductions.

I also didn't say that the viewers truly or completely need to root for Kagura at this point, but that the writers are sowing the seeds for it through making Kagura at least relate-able and human, even if a bit naive and vulgar, in the early stages of the game. They are giving us reasons to look at him in a different light but proper character development takes time, and that's what going on. Character development, slowly but surely. Like I said before, compare him to Jin, to really see the differences between our villains and our pet-villain.

Naturally the viewers will be rooting for Amata. He's our main character and its easiest to root for him right out of the gate, but that doesn't mean its meant to stay that way through the whole show. Some people will (and are) rooting for Kagura by this point because he really can't catch a break at all, and his dead-set nature and determination are probably starting to win points from at least some people watching the show. His whipping boy status is earning him sympathy, which is natural and a clever play by the writing staff, imo.

Defining "the rival" is simplest by usually placing him as the complete opposite of the main character.
Yeah but there's a reason why I separated the two, which is because I've seen characters like him before, in fact their quite common, and they almost always ultimately come second fiddle to the main character,

I think your definition and my definition of rival are very different, i'm not talking about rival in the out right antagonist sense, sometimes they could be the main characters best friend and actually remain that way the entire story without any betrayal etc, the rivals are ALWAYS rooted for that's why they're rivals, like Char Aznable and practically every other well known rival. Their the main characters foil but not neccesarily their black and white opposite. If the main character is dumb and happy go lucky the rival is usally very calm sometimes brooding. Their designed so that if you don't like the main character you'll probably like them, that doesn't change the fact that ultimately their never quite as good as the main character in most instances, that plot armour protects them even if the rival was shown to be logically better.

That is why I made the distinction as unless the writers decided to go very against the norm even if their two parts of the same person the main character will almost always be better off, have a more important part to play, win their climatic battle, and get the girl etc. That's just how this shit typically goes.

Quote:
Neh you can have them but their typically extremely obvious from the get go, either that or the protagonists shifts half way through generally in order to a different type of story. This show however is pretty much to the letter following the main character and the rival archetype and it's more of a will this be subverted than is the core of the story completely different to that archetype. if Kagura was a main character he'd be a lot more fleshed out than his is (at leats in comparison to amata) he's an enigma and so a story element rather than a primary story driver. If he was a main character we'd be seeing his random daily life like we're seeing Amata's but we're not as the story does not focus around him. The dude culd disspear for several episodes and his impact on the story wouldn't change, if Amata dissapeared the story would change quite dramtically.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-02-07 at 23:40.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:49   Link #1091
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I think your definition and my definition of rival are very different, i'm not talking about rival in the out right antagonist sense, sometimes they could be the main characters best friend and actually remain that way the entire story without any betrayal etc, the rivals are ALWAYS rooted for that's why they're rivals, like Char Aznable and practically every other well known rival. Their the main characters foil but not neccesarily their black and white opposite. If the main character is dumb and happy go lucky the rival is usally very calm sometimes brooding. Their designed so that if you don't like the main character you'll probably like them, that doesn't change the fact that ultimately their never quite as good as the main character in most instances, that plot armour protects them even if the rival was shown to be logically better.

That is why I made the distinction as unless the writers decided to go very against the norm even if their two parts of the same person the main character will almost always be better off, have a more important part to play, win their climatic battle, and get the girl etc. That's just how this shit typically goes.
I'm not going to extremums of black/white for hero/rival. By complete opposite I meant it in a way similar to how you spelled it out, their personalities will be inverted. Not so much that they'll be sliding along the scales of black/white morality or characterization. That being said, in this case, Kagura has all the makings of the story's former protagonist and while he may not yet be as central as Amata, the groundwork is being laid out to do such. Otherwise, many of the scenes and occurrences in this story really aren't going to amount to much, and that's not usually Okada's style.

I'd probably argue more on just how much of a "rival" Kagura is at the moment, as he hasn't exactly been putting up much of a fight, but that's for a time less... in the middle of the night.

On a relevant note to the norm when considering this cast and crew, Okada isn't known for following the norms and more for following the best ways to troll. Look at the work on Macross Frontier's series/movie. That's a case of one male protagonist and two female protagonists, which didn't form up immediately but came over time. And, depending on who you ask, the rival won/lost/movie didn't happen.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:57   Link #1092
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I'm not going to extremums of black/white for hero/rival. By complete opposite I meant it in a way similar to how you spelled it out, their personalities will be inverted. Not so much that they'll be sliding along the scales of black/white morality or characterization. That being said, in this case, Kagura has all the makings of the story's former protagonist and while he may not yet be as central as Amata, the groundwork is being laid out to do such. Otherwise, many of the scenes and occurrences in this story really aren't going to amount to much, and that's not usually Okada's style.

I'd probably argue more on just how much of a "rival" Kagura is at the moment, as he hasn't exactly been putting up much of a fight, but that's for a time less... in the middle of the night.

On a relevant note to the norm when considering this cast and crew, Okada isn't known for following the norms and more for following the best ways to troll. Look at the work on Macross Frontier's series/movie. That's a case of one male protagonist and two female protagonists, which didn't form up immediately but came over time. And, depending on who you ask, the rival won/lost/movie didn't happen.
That's not really the same, the main heroine of a story isn't exactly the main character they can lose, or the main heroine simply changes. However it's gernerally unlikely for a main character and some other dude to be veying over the same the same girl and the main character loses (though it does happen), it's however very unlikely for a main character to be with another girl and the lose her with the rival winning. That's barely if ever happend in a story structure common in anime except in NTR, said stories also generally include rape (typically the edgy seinens). Had Kagura been introduced in a more normal light or had this happened before Amata and Mikono had any real development then he would have had a chance in the normal story structure, but with the current setting that would be a very weird and unique path to take...

Only case that would normally work was if Amata was the faux protagonist but at this point it seems highly unlikely.
Old 2012-02-08, 00:24   Link #1093
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'll be done after this for the night.

Quote:
That's not really the same, the main heroine of a story isn't exactly the main character they can lose, or the main heroine simply changes. However it's gernerally unlikely for a main character and some other dude to be veying over the same the same girl and the main character loses (though it does happen), it's however very unlikely for a main character to be with another girl and the lose her with the rival winning. That's barely if ever happend in a story structure common in anime except in NTR, said stories also generally include rape (typically the edgy seinens).
To start off, we're not in the situation where our main character is *with* our heroine because its pretty clear that she has no idea what's going on anymore, it was close to being a *with* but it didn't quite happen. Right now, we're at a point where the two male leads are after the main female lead, the latter being a bit confused about what she's feeling. Its not exactly rare for the *main character* to lose here, in a purely simplified breakdown. If we zoom out, though, we can find any number of reasons for the *main character* to "lose": another girl (in which case, no one is losing anything), extraordinary circumstances (any number of things could happen to make winning/losing a meaningless statement), etc.

This show's characters can easily be played into completely unexpected paths: Mikono may find that she fell for Amata out of a desire for companionship, Mikono might turn out to be a *bad girl* (), Kagura might turn out to be a charming guy if given the chance, Kagura might Heel Face Turn, Amata might turn out to be the clone/robot/zombie/ninja, yada-yada.

You may be right, we may just go wholesale formulaic, but then I'd just have to wonder what the point of having triangles (two of them, no less) was? What is the purpose of bringing in Zessica's character into the fray for Amata at this point in the game (roughly about where you'd probably want to bring her in if you want to build her up as more than a third wheel)? Just leave the whole thing between Kagura/Amata/Mikono, and use the other already centralized-to-their-roles characters for the rest (Sherade/Cyanne/Sazanka and Mix/Andy/Yunoha). Either we're going to get very formulaic going in, and Zessica is going to be a sort of *hanging off the edge* appendage to the whole romance story, Kagura is probably going to have to die because no other resolution for his character is likely to fit without raising some eyebrows (he's not going to give up, and he's pretty dead set on Mikono), or the road isn't quite so clear cut for our main character(s).
Old 2012-02-08, 00:51   Link #1094
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Wow. Last night, when I came on the forum, it wasn't this full of posts. We're six episodes in and already starting shipping wars without much character relationship development so far on either ends? Cool, I'll chime in.

I will stick to my Amata/Mikono endgame on the female/male/female triangle. They have the most chemistry so far of the two couples. However, my opinion might change as I get to see more of Zessica. I want to see her get some significant screen time with Amata to really say for sure if I'm positive about Mikono winning Amata's heart. But I don't have enough interaction with them so far. No one knows what'll happen between now and the end but the writers.

On the male/female/male side, I slightly agree with some that either male is possible at this point. I don't think either male has the advantage right now. It's obvious so far that Mikono has developing feelings for Amata (whether or not that is based on the "past" is moot right now) and gets jealous of his time and reactions to Zessica. She showed an interest in spending time with him early on. I don't quite know why yet... On the other side, Mikono is attracted to Kagura as someone she's "met" before and his hotness (then again, who isn't?). However, she is confused by the vision and feelings that Kagura stirs up. Whether it be feeling like she's met him before or the vision in which she was getting married to him, even to his strange actions and regards of her as his "bitch" and licking her, even regarding her as smelling sweet; she doesn't know what to think. So, until she's able to understand what her attachment to Kagura is, Amata is the one winning her heart so far, because he's the only person she understands so far.

I'm not disagreeing nor agreeing with either side of the argument. I just figured to add my opinion to the matter based on the six episodes.

I agree that we need subforums, considering that everyone is disgusting both EVOL and the original series here.
Old 2012-02-08, 01:02   Link #1095
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
That's not really the same, the main heroine of a story isn't exactly the main character they can lose, or the main heroine simply changes. However it's gernerally unlikely for a main character and some other dude to be veying over the same the same girl and the main character loses (though it does happen), it's however very unlikely for a main character to be with another girl and the lose her with the rival winning. That's barely if ever happend in a story structure common in anime except in NTR, said stories also generally include rape (typically the edgy seinens). Had Kagura been introduced in a more normal light or had this happened before Amata and Mikono had any real development then he would have had a chance in the normal story structure, but with the current setting that would be a very weird and unique path to take...

Only case that would normally work was if Amata was the faux protagonist but at this point it seems highly unlikely.

OH GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! See Bleach returns this week and I love that most of all, so I am trying to devote all my time to watching for scans, pics, and I am praying for a miracle--that the Bleach hating spoiler girl will actually type a full paragraph instead of 10-15 word summary. (At this point I would settle for 2 complete sentences that actually told us what happened) ..so for now I was trying to be cool and not post in this thread...but I just gotta say...
  1. You can have more than one main character
  2. The main character is not always the main protagonist
  3. The main protagonist is not always the main character
  4. A character can be both the main character and the main protagonist

It is quite possible that Kagura is a main character as well as Amata. It's just he's not the main protagonist as well.
Also what kind of sexist double standard Sugar H oney Ice Tea is that? The main heroine can be the main character or the main protagonist or both
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Anyway. On the verge of the inevitable ship war I thought long and hard about the characters and the possibilities and have arrived at the most likely outcome.

Spoiler for for the True End:

That really made me lol...rep for Jo0

I don't think there will be a ship war--sure we might debate or discuss which pairing has merit but ultimately the "fated lovers who reincarnate every 12,000 years" theme says that one of us will lose, and there is nothing we can do about it. Because it's already set and in stone and honestly this is the coolest shipping slap-boxing match it's not really a war I ever had the pleasure of participating in
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Wow. Last night, when I came on the forum, it wasn't this full of posts. We're six episodes in and already starting shipping wars without much character relationship development so far on either ends? Cool, I'll chime in.

:
Oi...Oi....Oi. This isn't a ship war--it's a civilized debate. Don't say "ship war" please--it's a relatively sane discussion and I like it that way. Let's not attach a negative connotation to it. Okay?

Quote:
THIS
Quote:
Why does he have to fight---licking her seems to be working just for him

Quote:
That's not quite how this story goes.
OH MY GOD!!! Kawamori is that you?!!? Might you be Okada San?!?

...You're not the writer and comparing the "other anime formula's" you have seen is subjective. For everyone you can find to support your claims. We can find one that does the same for our case, so it's pointless to do so. In any case it's clear you didn't watch the first series--either that or you forgot it. Anyhoo as for the AmataXMikonoXKagura triangle--it's anybody's game at this point in the series

and with that I go back to obsessing over Bleach--because I have a feeling I am going to love the color spread, especially if I see the character that I just wub....
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:41   Link #1096
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Oi...Oi....Oi. This isn't a ship war--it's a civilized debate. Don't say "ship war" please--it's a relatively sane discussion and I like it that way. Let's not attach a negative connotation to it. Okay?
It seems to be that way considering what I've read in the last 5 pages. There seem to be two triangles going around so far: Amata/Mikono/Kagura and the obvious Mikono/Amata/Zessica.

Quite literally, I prefer the male triangle (1st one) because Kagura is hot and Amata is funny; and Mikono is the center of attention, which she seems to like so far.

But I will pull back the "shipping wars" comment for now, if you wish. But I'm looking at other discussions going on too. And it seems like we've got some minor shipping wars going on around. Or maybe the better word for it would be "shipping discussions." Yes, I choose the latter of "shipping discussions."
Old 2012-02-08, 03:52   Link #1097
kuromitsu

I just skimmed the posts because wow, there's a lot...

Quote:
Some people will (and are) rooting for Kagura by this point because he really can't catch a break at all, and his dead-set nature and determination are probably starting to win points from at least some people watching the show. His whipping boy status is earning him sympathy, which is natural and a clever play by the writing staff, imo.
Wait, wait, "can't catch a break" and "whipping boy"? How? From what I can see Kagura has a pretty special status: he has his own personalized mecha and so far it seems he's mostly free to do whatever he pleases, he only gets dragged back when he endangers missions that are deemed more important than Kagura trying to get into fights or going off after some girl. How does this make him a whipping boy? (Aside of Shrade/Aquarion Spada whipping him in ep 6 but that wasn't exactly the same thing...) And as for not catching a break, he's brought all that on himself. First he gets into an unnecessary (for Altair's POV) battle that ends with Aquarion awakening and his mecha in pieces, then he sneaks back to kidnap some random girl (for Altair), except he's interfering with Jin's operation, plus he didn't stop to consider that the girl may not want to go with him/she may have friends who are not going to stand by and watch him take her away just because he said she's his bitch... Like Kagura if you want (I'm sort of neutral on him so far - I don't find him particularly hot, and his personality is starting to grate on me) but so far he comes across as selfish and arrogant rather than a poor whipping boy.

Quote:
That really made me lol...rep for Jo0
Haha, thanks.

Quote:
I don't think there will be a ship war--sure we might debate or discuss which pairing has merit but ultimately the "fated lovers who reincarnate every 12,000 years" theme says that one of us will lose, and there is nothing we can do about it.
I don't know, I can see a number of solutions that don't involve Mikono getting together with (only) one of them... then again this is Kawamori.

In any case I hope we won't end up with a ship war, but with four characters to mix... it can't end well. :/ (At least I hope EVOL won't end up like Bleach. :/ Some of my favorite characters get so much hate, mostly because of shipping, that it completely turned me off the fandom.) Anyway, it's only episode 6. Anything can happen at this point...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-08 at 07:16. Reason: fixing my English... -_-)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 05:25   Link #1098
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Why is everyone saying it's NTR if Amata loses Mikono to Kagura. D00ds, he's known her for like maybe 1 week at most. ONE FRIGGING WEEK. That's barely enough to develop a friendship, let alone a romantic relationship. God forbid a guy EVER lose a girl he has any interest in to another guy. Damn the japanese for coming up with such twisted NTR scenarios. -_-

BTW, my OTP is Kagura x Zessica. Let the 2 other idiots have each other.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:06   Link #1099
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Damn the japanese for coming up with such twisted NTR scenarios. -_-B: my OTP is Kagura x Zessica.
Lol. And stop with your insults, it's annoying...

Btw, it's obvious that it's Amata and Zessica and Mikono And (and I totally agree with Triple_R) Kagura and Mikono and Amata.

With that, let's hope that we will have : Kagura and Mikono together and Amata and Zessica together.

For those who are complaining about the fights. I think right now we're still introducing all the characters etc...That's why the fights are not that great for some of you (even if I don't agree with that).
Old 2012-02-08, 06:54   Link #1100
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Lol, what insults are you seeing??

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction