Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 19:57   Link #101
ma2ha3

maybe a bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale
Comparing the situation between Gilbert giving Athrun Saviour to Bush giving Michael Moore an aircraft carrier is ridiculous. Both Gilbert and Athrun empathize with the coordinators and PLANT as they are themselves coordinators.
Bush and Michael Moore have no such similarities. One is considered a right wing fundamentalist while the other is considered a left wing radical.

I'm not even going to reply to the rest of your post. I shouldn't have even bothered with giving this the time of day.
maybe a bad example, but still think of someone bush like, and gave him an aircraft carrier is it possible? of course not, giving one gundam does not make any difference, but it can help defend plant.

so since when chairman is dictator? give any weapon to anyone he likes.

no free lunch

gilbert up to no good, there is always a badies at both side. gilbert is the one.
if not, who else, so far no one in zaft look like the bad one.

why mia is clone in standby
gilbert know and plan everything, so he know mia will be used very soon.
for his plan. to talk peace and wage a war.
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 20:05   Link #102
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Athrun's being the most popular guy is hardly unsurprising. He probably has more airtime and character development in the first ten episodes of SEED Destiny than all the other characters combined! Not to mention he continually exudes a personality of coolness and calmness (anyone dare say... metrosexual? ) that nobody has matched so far.

I don't know, but doesn't it smack of poor marketing if Shinn was hawked as the new protagonist and his seiyuu has been given less significant lines (other than bashing Cagalli verbally) that paint Shinn in a rather poor light?

I mean, people probably be more interested in Yzak and Dearka at this point than say, Mr. Shinn...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 20:20   Link #103
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
You said so yourself that Athrun has been beating Kira in just about every poll SINCE destiny started.
Not that he hasn't already been beating Kira in *some* polls before Destiny started, mind you. And the popularity of a character isn't JUST based on exposure you know. There are characters who get fans just because they don't appear much (Shiho comes to mind). And too much exposure may lead to a decline in popularity while a brief appearance that leaves a good impression might bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I mean, people probably be more interested in Yzak and Dearka at this point than say, Mr. Shinn...
Well, the problem here is that you are comparing characters with 50+ episodes of exposure and a character with 10 episodes. But even then, if people weren't interested in Shinn, would he be in third place? Doubt it.

BTW, didn't Kira have an equally short amount of screentime in Ep 31 of SEED?

Last edited by brightman; 2004-12-19 at 20:37.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 20:55   Link #104
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
quite true.. the reason no one is interested in shin is cuz, well, he's not interesting at all.. other than the fact his family died and his obsessed with his sister and he repeatedly listens to that cellphone of hers and dreams of her when his asleep with that phone in his hand and hate orb, we don't know anything else about him.. and the things mentioned above r not interesting at all.. this is similar to how the original GS started with Kira.. we only start to learn about his past and true identity in the later episodes.. so i expect this to be the case with shin aswell..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:10   Link #105
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Aone-Akingdom sub is out! Happy leeching
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:21   Link #106
jhcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Not that he hasn't already been beating Kira in *some* polls before Destiny started, mind you. And the popularity of a character isn't JUST based on exposure you know. There are characters who get fans just because they don't appear much (Shiho comes to mind). And too much exposure may lead to a decline in popularity while a brief appearance that leaves a good impression might bring it up.
But thats what im saying...the only difference since destiny has started has been the increased screentime. True i admit it might not be the case all the time... but when two characters are pretty much even before the story starts as long as they dont do anythign drastic it will be the screentime that decides who is the more popular...
So in this case the lack of exposure is detrimental to kira's popularity...well i wouldnt call it detrimental considering he is still no2 but it certainly isnt helping his cause
jhcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:23   Link #107
Shift_

I think the reason 'Athrun' is the most popular, because he's most unlike normal people. It's hard to explain, but not too many people are like that, and people always TRY to want to be like that.

Whereas Kira is more 'human' can I say?

people don't watch an action anime like gundam to watch a normal guy go blow things up, they want someone cool, loud and cocky to take care of that. Tends to rush in first.

The reason I like Kira more, athrun is kinda like me (personality wise) as well as Kira has many traits that would easiily fit like me...but I want to try to um calm down the 'athrun' side of things (ie loud, cockyness, flashy thing') because I find it's easier to do things when you don't stand out...and girls LOVE sensitive guys
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:27   Link #108
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3
there is no way anyone giving a gundam away like that.
no way, it is like USA bush, giving away an aircraft carrier to michael moore and let him to be independant force.
Not exactly, since Bush and Moore don't agree on anything. They are more alike than either will admit, they both use deceptive sales tactics to push their agendas, both are also idiots, only from different ends of the spectrum. However that is neither here, nor there. Dullindal has a great deal of respect for Athrun and Athrun was ZAFT's best pilot. Dullindal believes that Athrun will fight in the best interests of everyone involved and therefore does what he can to help Athrun achieve his goals.

Quote:
what rubbish. only the japs can think of something so ludicrous . A total dog dinner.
Congratulations, you're a racist.

Quote:
Lacus steal freedom, gilbert give it away, for what?
.....for the resons I listed above. Character analysis isn't your strong point, is it?
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:27   Link #109
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Aone-Akingdom sub is out! Happy leeching
lies.. i don't see it..

o well i don't use their sub anyway (me = seed fansub), my comp is too crappy to run their ultra-high-detail episodes.. it lags and the pic and voices don't match up..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:43   Link #110
ryogax

Gilbert is an evil evil man..

Anyone capable to making another stupid lacus and her stupid HAROS are more evil than Satan!
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:50   Link #111
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3
maybe a bad example, but still think of someone bush like, and gave him an aircraft carrier is it possible? of course not, giving one gundam does not make any difference, but it can help defend plant.
lol... Maybe him giving (Governor) Schwarzenegger the latest fighter plane model would be more like it?
Old 2004-12-19, 22:07   Link #112
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
lies.. i don't see it..

o well i don't use their sub anyway (me = seed fansub), my comp is too crappy to run their ultra-high-detail episodes.. it lags and the pic and voices don't match up..

but aren't both groups doing 230mb subs? so shouldn't the quality be the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
people don't watch an action anime like gundam to watch a normal guy go blow things up, they want someone cool, loud and cocky to take care of that. Tends to rush in first.

The reason I like Kira more, athrun is kinda like me (personality wise) as well as Kira has many traits that would easiily fit like me...but I want to try to um calm down the 'athrun' side of things (ie loud, cockyness, flashy thing') because I find it's easier to do things when you don't stand out...and girls LOVE sensitive guys
I think more ppl like Athrun just because of his complex relationship with the ppl around him i.e Best Friend fighting on E.A side, now girlfriend got froced to join E.A........Whereas Kira.....I just want to protect my friends...simple
but i do agree with the "Athrun has a flashy side way of doing things"
that ending scene of ep 10 which had the saviour gundam in the night sky was just way too cool...similar to Kira staring at the falling junius 7

Kira.....says things that are usually boring in tone but full of hidden meaning...which is cooler than rushing in and yelling at the top of your voice in my opinion...
If u ask me...I would say that Kira is a much more matured person than Athrun.....at least he has a clear goal of what he is fighting for....but for Athrun....he's almost there....if no once tries to brainwash him....and if that happens i'll start a "i hate XXXX person club"

And as for the girls love sensitive guys.... honest i think is more likely....

Last edited by Rei_Ikari; 2004-12-19 at 22:17.
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:13   Link #113
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
And as for the girls love sensitive guys.... honest i think is more likely....
Either you're missing some letters or a word or two from that sentance, because it doesn't make much sense...
Old 2004-12-19, 22:23   Link #114
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Either you're missing some letters or a word or two from that sentance, because it doesn't make much sense...

oops...real sorry .....my typing skills must have dropped a notch or two since last night

i mean that girls usually prefer guys who are honest in their actions...at least thats what i think or do ppl have other opinion

lets start a "what kind of guys do girls like in general " thread....K....just kidding
Old 2004-12-19, 23:42   Link #115
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
oops...real sorry .....my typing skills must have dropped a notch or two since last night

i mean that girls usually prefer guys who are honest in their actions...at least thats what i think or do ppl have other opinion

lets start a "what kind of guys do girls like in general " thread....K....just kidding
Don't girls like guy that are honest? AND sensitive? haha

But sometimes being honest in your actions means you look like a total dumbass
Old 2004-12-19, 23:46   Link #116
ForceFreedom

Quote:
Words of wisdom right there, kids.
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 00:33   Link #117
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Don't girls like guy that are honest? AND sensitive? haha

well, for a lot of people honesty is a virtue that's even more important than good and evil.

I don't think Kira has truly found the reason he's fighting for yet, rather he's failed in finding the reason he's fighting for the last time. Getting lectured by your enemy, getting your girlfriend killed, then going bonkers to beat the crap out of your enemy and getting yourself blasted out of your MS to float in space is hardly what I'd call finding the reason to fight for. At least in the last battle Athrun remained clear-headed all the time, while Kira went bonkers for half of the episode I think Kira looks more mature than Athrun mainly because he looks more like an old monk

I guess Gilbert is very sincere towards Athrun because he thinks very highly of Athrun. When you try to get the trust of some very capable people you think very highly of, being sincere is the easiest and best way.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:00   Link #118
neovu79

Quote:
Whereas Kira is more 'human' can I say?

That's very ironic considering that Kira has been dubbed the "ultimate coordinator" in SEED.
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:01   Link #119
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, for a lot of people honesty is a virtue that's even more important than good and evil.

I don't think Kira has truly found the reason he's fighting for yet, rather he's failed in finding the reason he's fighting for the last time. Getting lectured by your enemy, getting your girlfriend killed, then going bonkers to beat the crap out of your enemy and getting yourself blasted out of your MS to float in space is hardly what I'd call finding the reason to fight for. At least in the last battle Athrun remained clear-headed all the time, while Kira went bonkers for half of the episode I think Kira looks more mature than Athrun mainly because he looks more like an old monk

I guess Gilbert is very sincere towards Athrun because he thinks very highly of Athrun. When you try to get the trust of some very capable people you think very highly of, being sincere is the easiest and best way.

Kira isn't fighting because is a fucking pussy!!

He cries like a baby!!

Seriously i would have been more happy if MWU was the main character of the original seed.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:27   Link #120
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Come to think of it, why would Athrun go to a guy whos more hot-headed than him in seeking advice on what to do....Even though the Athrun driving scene was short, i'm sure they had a much longer conversation than that i.e. Kira must have said more than the 2 words we heard him say on screen.
Though i'll agree that Athrun has a more mature and clear headed way of doing things than Kira, Kira still strikes me as the person who has the stronger will and reason to fight , just that he relies too much on his seed mode which makes him seem "bonkers"

It just struck me....if Seed means Superior Evolutionary something Destined Factor, then kira would represent the next evolution of mankind.If thats the case, wouldn't Kira going Seed when fighting Rau mean that he was subconsciously protecting mankind so that humans could move on to the next stage of evolution?Cause i don't think that the reason that he went seed in ep 50 was cause his Flay got killed, but rather he did not want any more ppl to suffer if u look at what he says when fighting with Rau......Or am i ranting crap to protect Kira...