AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-06, 06:05   Link #121
Westlo
Lets be reality

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to Spring 08 and not just for the big 3 sequels (this, Geass, Haruhi). *looks over vocal cast* Yes Kuwashima ftw and wow Jun Fukuyama is all over that Spring season, already in 3 confirmed shows, this, Code Geass 2 and Gonzos Special A.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 13:23   Link #122
Woland
Latin Rascal

Newtype scan

:O

Sheryl is quite different from the initial impression of the promo
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 16:07   Link #123
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hopefully a Basara appearance isn't ruled out. And the Idol songs hopefully have some passion in them instead of being cheap love songs like what seems to be the norm these days. If not Basara just has to show up and show them all how it's done. We can dream.

Also the series seems to have the quote unquote Sunrise Cast. Intriguing...........

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-12-06 at 22:38.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:11   Link #124
kujoe
from head to heel

I wonder if the guy will end up with the idol this time...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:18   Link #125
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Newtype scan

A little fanservicey there, eh?

I don't know why, but I am really looking forward to this series. I was never a crazy Macross fan (a big one yes, but Gundam was more of my mecha passion), but for some reason this series has my blood boiling, and not just because of the possibility of a Basara appearance. (who, to this day, remains one of my favorite male anime characters )
Old 2007-12-06, 19:17   Link #126
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Newtype scan

Her outfit looks like what's-her-face's from Bakuretsu Hunters
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 23:00   Link #127
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Also the series seems to have the quote unquote Sunrise Cast. Intriguing...........
It would only look that way if the majority of stuff you watch is from Sunrise....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 15:34   Link #128
solomon

Kudos on providing killer scan quality.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 18:32   Link #129
Woland
Latin Rascal

Official site

MBS hosted site for MacrossF
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 18:48   Link #130
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

For bigger version

Old 2007-12-13, 09:34   Link #131
grss1982

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1212399_1558.html

Scroll down and drool over this pics. :-)

Sampling:

Old 2007-12-13, 09:37   Link #132
grss1982

Also if anybody's interested about the Skull Squadron like logo:

Last edited by grss1982; 2007-12-13 at 09:42. Reason: added image
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 17:32   Link #133
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Hmmm. Wellllll, going by the tried-and-true order-of-cast judgment, I would guess that Lanka (or however the English spelling will turn out to be) is going to be the main heroine rather than Sheril. Obviously it's not set in absolute stone, but so far the order of the cast has remained dependable. (they even changed the cast list order in the final few episodes of GSD in order to keep this rule true, when they decided to fully shaft Shinn in favor of Kira) Of course, there's always the chance they'll change the order when the series begins to air, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for Sheril's last name "Nome" (or however it's going to be spelled ), I feel like I should know that name from another Macross series. Or maybe I'm just mixing it up from a different anime...
Old 2007-12-13, 19:27   Link #134
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hmmm. Wellllll, going by the tried-and-true order-of-cast judgment, I would guess that Lanka (or however the English spelling will turn out to be) is going to be the main heroine rather than Sheril. Obviously it's not set in absolute stone, but so far the order of the cast has remained dependable. (they even changed the cast list order in the final few episodes of GSD in order to keep this rule true, when they decided to fully shaft Shinn in favor of Kira) Of course, there's always the chance they'll change the order when the series begins to air, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for Sheril's last name "Nome" (or however it's going to be spelled ), I feel like I should know that name from another Macross series. Or maybe I'm just mixing it up from a different anime...
IIRC, there is the "Nome" sisters from Macross Zero. Some speculation abounds about this over at macrossworld.com. :-)
Old 2007-12-13, 21:16   Link #135
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Gee, I hope not. How predictable... a cute, loli-looking heroine.

However, it's an interesting switch in the sense that the singer idol isn't the main heroine; that is, if you're going by this order. Nonetheless, Sheryl still seems to be much more of a prominent poster girl for this series compared to Lanka.

I have a feeling that there's going to be a love triangle of sorts in this story, considering that Newtype scan that was posted earlier—which isn't really surprising. If this turns out to be true, I'll be wishing luck to the idol this time around.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 21:40   Link #136
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Oh god, if Sheryl Nome is somehow Mao's descendant or something, the irony.

It is important though, to note that Ranka is the one voiced by the winner of the Victor audition, and considering that Ranka is apparently Chinese or at least half-Chinese, I wouldn't be surprised if she might end up being Minmei Mk.II here. Not to mention since she seems to be going to the same... whatever school that Alto is going as well, her screentime with the lead seems to be more significant since Sheryl is already a big idol by the start of Frontier.

I suspect the love triangle here will be between a super popular idol against a budding, up-coming struggling young idol-singer wannabe.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 03:50   Link #137
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
IIRC, there is the "Nome" sisters from Macross Zero. Some speculation abounds about this over at macrossworld.com. :-)
Ahhhh, I knew I heard that name before.

I'm pretty curious as to who the bad guys are going to be. I doubt they'd go for something as simple and stupid as renegade Zentradi.
Old 2007-12-15, 21:17   Link #138
ssfsx17

Quote:
Ahhhh, I knew I heard that name before.

I'm pretty curious as to who the bad guys are going to be. I doubt they'd go for something as simple and stupid as renegade Zentradi.
Maybe we'll finally see that "Supervision Army" they kept on talking about - the faction that built the core of the SDF-1.
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 18:48   Link #139
RogueAngyl
Diverted Core-gira

Send a message via AIM to RogueAngyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
Maybe we'll finally see that "Supervision Army" they kept on talking about - the faction that built the core of the SDF-1.
Wow I can't believe I've been missing this. Indeed, I hope they finally address this aspect of the Macross universe... although unlike many I would in fact like to see more singing whales. I know, I'm nuts.

But that being said, is it definitely going to be in the M0, SDFM, M7 timeline, not a Macross II type of situation? Sorry if it's already been mentioned just scanned the thread fast.
RogueAngyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:45   Link #140
DieH@rd

Guys... today is Dec. 23rd! Macross special was aired today, and 1st episode was shown.
Here is the raw:

http://video.stage6.com/1982521/1982521.divx
http://www.stage6.com/Xmas-Box-2CH-Z...2521/Macross-F

Im downloading to check is it fake. Streaming this high bitrate is not an option for me. More impressions later.

[edit] its not fake, ive checked fist 20 sec. OMG it looks beyond awesome!
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance