AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 15:02   Link #801
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

my god, what an amazing ep!

Luffy has gone crazy? Hope he can recover, it's probably the first time he's lost something important right?

WB against Akainu was great, to be able to fight after getting another hole in his chest shows WB's true strength even in his poor health. Akainu deserved every bit of it. Like how WB cut himself off to allow everyone to escape.

So that's what Blackbeard was doing in Impel Down. Next ep is going to be good as well.
Old 2011-01-23, 15:46   Link #802
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I see they censored the critical hit against Whitebeard from Akainu where it blew completely half his head off. xD

Still this was a fantastic episode considering what we've got lately though. Showing Luffy's slip into madness, the fight between WB and Akainu and lastly Blackbeard and his updated pirate crew finally arriving on the scene.~
Well think it's fine to change the critical hit on Whitebeard. You'd be less hit by the injury than wondering how he is even alive. At least another hole in the chest can be attributed to just being incredibly badass.

What a terrible moment though for Whitebeard. He is at the limit and now Blackbeard shows up with an even better crew than he had before. Considering how crazy that fruit of Blackbeard's is there is only so much the guy can do. I'm sure he'd love to kill him for Ace, but that's pushing things.

Still makes you wonder what the heck Blackbeard is doing there. Pretty good speed since he went all the way to get some pirates and then head to the battlefield. Certainly a good moment for him to make his grand stand. The Navy has likely lost one of their best admirals, a ton of guys, and is pretty strained. Whitebeard is not going to have his crew and has multiple fatal injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That was a fantastic episode. I hate to say it, but I almost felt sorry for Akainu.

I loved how Whitebeard was portrayed like an angry god, and that's exactly what he was.
I can say that I have no sympathy for that guy. Actually wanted him to get beaten even more before dropping into the sea. Best part was that first attack that just crushed him into the ground .
Old 2011-01-23, 15:49   Link #803
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can say that I have no sympathy for that guy. Actually wanted him to get beaten even more before dropping into the sea. Best part was that first attack that just crushed him into the ground .
I don't have any sympathy for Akainu either. It's just the thought of being on the receiving end of that rampage...
Old 2011-01-23, 16:29   Link #804
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Yeah.. Akainu in my opinion looks like a right prick :/
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 17:50   Link #805
Kallen4life

love Akainu, but he had this coming .. still, he basically tanked 2 quakes with his face/body, the latter of which freaking split marineford in half and was still conscious when falling down .. guy's a tough bastard

Did wanna see the half-head from the manga, but the extended fight more then made up for that

10/10 ep

BB's gonna bring the hurting

We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-23 at 18:15. Reason: Big images NEED to be thumbnailed; hiding them under spoiler tags DOESN'T work.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 17:52   Link #806
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
BB's gonna bring the hurting
Don't you mean BB's gonna be hurting?
Old 2011-01-23, 17:54   Link #807
Kallen4life

I don't mean anything, but an arrival like that is bound to mean more people will get hurt

who - anyone's guess
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-23, 19:24   Link #808
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Whitebeard is painfully weak. He hasn't killed a single person.

Ground = hard. Bone = hard. Akainu's face should've been destroyed instead.
I was wondering the same. Was weird how he just got up and his face was barely scratched....
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 19:43   Link #809
Kallen4life

OP humans obviously have super-durability .. likes of WB and Akainu are pretty much superman level
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-24, 01:34   Link #810
SMASHERJACKSON

484 review ; MIND = BLOWN

my heart was racing, i had goodbumps all over, i havnt been this entertained by an anime in a very long time, the most epic anime combat scene ive ever seen!
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 04:14   Link #811
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
I was wondering the same. Was weird how he just got up and his face was barely scratched....
Akainu is a logia. That is why he survived...and unfortunately for him - because he has a physical body because of that magma - it means if he gets hit point blank by WB's EQ attack...its gonna hurt him big time.

Makes you wonder where the other 2 Admirals were as everything was going to hell. Sengoku just stood around lookin like a deer caught in the headlights -when he should be going full buddah mode and at least attempting to stop WB.

Next episode is gonna be seriously awesome. Those that have read the manga - will know what i mean. We're in for a real treat.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 08:36   Link #812
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Next episode is gonna be seriously awesome. Those that have read the manga - will know what i mean. We're in for a real treat.
Oh I know. I can't wait It makes me wonder if they adapted more than one chapter for this last episode just to get there more quickly?
Old 2011-01-24, 13:00   Link #813
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Akainu is a logia. That is why he survived...and unfortunately for him - because he has a physical body because of that magma - it means if he gets hit point blank by WB's EQ attack...its gonna hurt him big time.

Makes you wonder where the other 2 Admirals were as everything was going to hell. Sengoku just stood around lookin like a deer caught in the headlights -when he should be going full buddah mode and at least attempting to stop WB.

Well Sengoku was holding onto Garp. I mean last thing Akainu needs is Garp actually going out there to help Whitebeard beat the crap out of him . Think anyone else is smart enough to say "I'm not getting in the way of that." WB is angry and on a rampage, getting in his way is nearly suicidal.

Should be interesting with Blackbeard showing up though. While I can't see him getting killed wouldn't be surprised to see White beard throw everything he has left at him to make sure he pays in some way for the death of Ace.
Old 2011-01-24, 13:04   Link #814
Kallen4life

I don't think Kizaru & Aokiji actually care enough about Akainu to go against an enraged WB for him (they probably would've been forced to after Akainu was owned if not for BB's intervention) and Sengoku didn't order them .. he himself, as noted, was holding Garp or at least keeping an eye on him
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-24, 14:00   Link #815
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Well.. Next episode we're going to see some more action of Whitebeard's moves, they look so cool !
Old 2011-01-24, 14:28   Link #816
Prestige

For One Piece anime fans...countdown hours for next episode, it is going to be...magnificent.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 14:44   Link #817
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well Sengoku was holding onto Garp. I mean last thing Akainu needs is Garp actually going out there to help Whitebeard beat the crap out of him . Think anyone else is smart enough to say "I'm not getting in the way of that." WB is angry and on a rampage, getting in his way is nearly suicidal.

Should be interesting with Blackbeard showing up though. While I can't see him getting killed wouldn't be surprised to see White beard throw everything he has left at him to make sure he pays in some way for the death of Ace.
Blackbeard isn't really responsible for Ace's death. He's responsible for the war, and of course he will want retribution for him murdering Thatch.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 14:56   Link #818
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Blackbeard isn't really responsible for Ace's death.
Agreed. The only one responsible for Ace's death was Ace.
Old 2011-01-24, 16:21   Link #819
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Agreed. The only one responsible for Ace's death was Ace.
Yeah but he was only trying to prevent Blackbeard from getting Luffy, and was also fighting for Whitebeard's rules xD
Old 2011-01-24, 16:29   Link #820
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Yeah but he was only trying to prevent Blackbeard from getting Luffy, and was also fighting for Whitebeard's rules xD
And Whitebeard was the one who told Ace not to go after Blackbeard in the first place.