Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 11:32   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
bet you guys had orgasm when you saw the shinigami party
cause I had
lol all of em except Rukia now have longer hair.
makes me want to have Ichigo keep his longer hair (his hair when he battled Aizen after training and obtaining the final getsuga)
I didn't like it. Rukia gets promoted to VC but Renji's not a captain? Not fair.

Just kidding. It was pretty awesome, though I'll miss Kenpachi's bells. I'm little surprised to see Hitsugaya there. The others have a kind of kinship with Ichigo, but I don't really recall Hitsu being particularly close with Ichigo. I wonder why he decided to put his reiatsu towards getting Ichigo's powers back. I guess his popularity really does count for something

Old 2011-08-17, 11:35   Link #22
sayde

Rukia actually touched on why I can't stand Ichigo right now. Kubo tried to make light out of it, but it's true. He really is pathetic when he feels powerless. Give him a little bit of power back and all of a sudden he's confident and serious again. In a weird way, I sort of felt like he didn't deserve to have that BAMF look on his face this chapter.

That aside, I was disappointed not to see any mention regarding his hollow powers. But still, it's awesome to see so many returning faces from SS. Hopefully Kubo hasn't changed his mind regarding the direction of this series. To be more specific, I hope this is the short arc Kubo said was going to occur (after the arrancar saga) that will lead into the final arc of the series and hopefully we'll have officially entered that arc any week now.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:18   Link #23
Lunarskylar

i don't see this as a final arc by any means, the other big two had time skips, which were like halfway points of the series apparently, so i wouldnt be surprised if kubo feels inclined to do the same

even though he can barely keep up with the weekly manga content

hitsugaya's only here for fanservice (gotta boost those sales somehow) but in terms of plot, he probably feels indebted to ichigo for defeating aizen and helping free momo once and for all since he was too weak to do so

ig fullbring is basically hollow based power, is ichigo's hollow and shinigami power permanently fused? permahollow mode? but then no more H-ichigo =(
Old 2011-08-17, 12:27   Link #24
ruurguy

Hitsugaya was also the captain in charge when the Shinigami were sent as protection for Ichigo and the town after the first espada attack (Basically Grimmjow and friends). So he has a decent connection with Ichigo and the town.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:28   Link #25
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Ginjou is truly John Travolta lol.
Aside from obvious fanservice appearance of captains, chapter was ok, yet with again disappointing Getsuga Tenshou that did nothing..
Actually, chapter ended just a fraction of second before it hit Ginjou.
What impressed me, is that thing, that Ginjou confused with an "improved getsuga", was just an air pressure from Ichigo's sword swing. Gives a hint on how powerfull that Shikai Ichigo is. (although, Kubo always have problems with it - this chapter character Ichigo is badass, next chapter he's nerfed into oblivion...)
Old 2011-08-17, 12:35   Link #26
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

so, either ichigo has been made as powerful as his final getsuga form, or ginjou (and this whole fullbring thing) are just really weak (like low level shinigami weak)

i thought it was illegal for shinigami to give their powers to humans, anyway? shouldn't they all be strapped to a giant wooden structure and be destroyed by a giant flame phoenix now? *cue rescue all the shinigami arc and hilarious chad/orihime training sequence*

i think ichigo has been made way too powerful. with the last arc, that was an "all or nothing" all out attack - this time around just makes that all seem pointless.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:36   Link #27
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I noticed that as well,, i was hoping renji would be a captain by this time considering he has a bankai and theres a few free positions for him,

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-08-17, 12:40   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Renji loooks a lot cooler ! Now next chapter show us the Vizards. and the revived Ulquiorra
Old 2011-08-17, 12:49   Link #29
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post

i thought it was illegal for shinigami to give their powers to humans, anyway? shouldn't they all be strapped to a giant wooden structure and be destroyed by a giant flame phoenix now? *cue rescue all the shinigami arc and hilarious chad/orihime training sequence*
They didn't transfer their powers. They only put their reiatsu into Urahara's blade thingy to jumpstart Ichigo's own powers, which had been given back by Ginjou's fullbring training.

Quote:
i think ichigo has been made way too powerful. with the last arc, that was an "all or nothing" all out attack - this time around just makes that all seem pointless.
And he's not even in bankai yet... but I still don't think he's anywhere near as powerful as he was right after his training with Isshin or when he was full-hollow while fighting Ulq.

Old 2011-08-17, 12:51   Link #30
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i don't see this as a final arc by any means, the other big two had time skips, which were like halfway points of the series apparently, so i wouldnt be surprised if kubo feels inclined to do the same
1.) I never claimed for "this" (as in the current arc) to be the final one.

2.) If Kubo interpreted the entire arrancar saga to be one huge arc, then I could definitely see the next major arc being the final one if he plans on making it anywhere's near as lengthy. I mean the arrancar saga took about 5 years to get through.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:00   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Ichigo seemed to look like the way he did in the earlier chapters, in terms of Kubo's drawing style. For a second I thought Toushirou was the Sanbi Jinchyuuriki from Naruto
Old 2011-08-17, 14:15   Link #32
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder, why the Shinigami gave Ichigo his powers back. Are they expecting a new war?
They're going to make Ichigo a captain of course! I kid, I kid. Though as mentioned earlier, Renji's missing his Vice-Captain Crest?

Oh! He wanted Ichigo to regain his powers so he can fight him to prove he's "The strongest one" and become a captain!

Yeah, still kidding. Who knows? Let's see what Kubo does.
Old 2011-08-17, 14:20   Link #33
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder, why the Shinigami gave Ichigo his powers back. Are they expecting a new war?
Not sure about a new war, but with so many Captains in attendance to help Ichigo its safe to say they have a reason for doing it other than just being all around good guys.
Old 2011-08-17, 14:36   Link #34
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
1.) I never claimed for "this" (as in the current arc) to be the final one.

2.) If Kubo interpreted the entire arrancar saga to be one huge arc, then I could definitely see the next major arc being the final one if he plans on making it anywhere's near as lengthy. I mean the arrancar saga took about 5 years to get through.
Moreover Kubo said that Bleach would go on for another 10 years
Old 2011-08-17, 14:55   Link #35
JustRob

To be honest I can't really see Renji as a captain... Yes he has bankai... But making him a captain would make it harder to use Renji as fodder Shinigami in battles against weaklings.
Old 2011-08-17, 14:58   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

Not that there's anything wrong with multiple great battles...
Old 2011-08-17, 15:13   Link #37
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
To be honest I can't really see Renji as a captain... Yes he has bankai... But making him a captain would make it harder to use Renji as fodder Shinigami in battles against weaklings.
indeed, he's still a rookie no matter how serious of a face he tends to put on
Old 2011-08-17, 15:33   Link #38
Aqua Knight

Kubo just forgot to draw his VC badge,isn't that obvious
Old 2011-08-17, 15:37   Link #39
secretzfan
*Fansubber

This was a fan chapter obviously meaning it was just for luvs sooo I don't need to review it
Old 2011-08-17, 15:43   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that's just overkill. The battle against the fullbringers will be so one-sided it's not even funny. Regardless, I enjoyed seeing those guys again. The new looks are nice.

Sooooo, why the hell did they wait 18 months to restore Ichigo's powers? They must have known he was miserable without them.