AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 22:17   Link #1
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Kyokugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu (Spiritual sequel to 999)

A spiritual sequel to 999 has been announced in Famitsu, entitled "Kyokugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu" (translating to "Absolute Limit of Escape: Good People Die") for the 3DS and Vita. It will once again be written and directed by Kotaro Uchikoshi, and unlike 999, will be voiced, with Akio Ohtsuka, Yukari Tamura, Chiaki Omigawa, and Rie Kugimiya confirmed to be doing roles. Interestingly enough, Akio Ohtsuka also did a voice in an earlier Kotaro Uchikoshi game (he played Boss in 12Riven).

Thoughts? I'll admit that while I didn't think 999 was as great as everyone else did (I gave it an 8.5/10), I thought it was still entertaining, and the puzzles were a load of fun. This could turn out to be very promising, and I hope that the plot is better than the first one's. And considering how 999 turned out to be a surprise success for Aksys, I wouldn't be surprised if they translated this one too.

EDIT: Fixed the translated title.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-08-24 at 05:19.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 04:59   Link #2
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Here's an cropped image from Famitsu, showing the cast:

http://imageshack.us/f/845/1314157768589.jpg/

The blue haired girl's name is Fai. Note that here, the detonation braclets look more like actual watches this time around.

Also note that one of the characters looks very similar to Clover. Hmm...
Old 2011-08-24, 05:06   Link #3
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So it's not direct sequel? I wonder if they're going to make some connection here and there between these characters and characters from 999

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 05:10   Link #4
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So it's not direct sequel? I wonder if they're going to make some connection here and there between these characters and characters from 999
Well, like I said, that girl who looks like Clover may be that connection, but at the very least, I bet they take place in the same universe.
Old 2011-08-24, 07:09   Link #5
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, BTW, I think the blue haired girl's name is supposed to be "Fi", as in "Five" (in Japanese, the English "five" would be pronounced as "Faibu"), meaning that the characters are probably going to be using number-themed codenames again.
Old 2011-08-24, 07:15   Link #6
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Aside from Clover-lookalike, that dark-skinned woman on the right looks like Allice. And this Fi has some resemblance to Santa.

So, seems like this'll have doors and bracelets as well. They might need to change some things in the door and digital root system, as some people already know its secrets from 999. Or the surprises will be limited to the story only. I guess it will happen in the future of 999, if it has more than a spiritual connection. Could some of those characters be children/grandchildren of 999 characters?

Spoiler for Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors:

Well, looking forward to hearing more about it, 999 was a great game.
Looks like I have to get Vita after all, or the 3DS...
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:07   Link #7
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

More news from various Japanese websites (such as Famitsu and PS3 Navi). Here's the information I've pieced together:

-The main character's "name" is Sigma. Since that's Greek, it seems I made a mistake: the girl's name is "Phi", not "Fi".

-The full voice cast is as thus: Akio Ohtsuka, Daisuke Ono, Chiaki Omigawa, Rie Kugimiya, Yoshiko Sakakibara, Miyuki Sawashiro, Atsuko Tanaka, Yukari Tamura, Rokuro Naya, Mamiko Noto, and Yoshimasa Hosoya.

- The game appears to be in 3D, yet still has 2D CGs. Are they going for a Ever17 Xbox 360 approach?

There's more to come from Famitsu. I'll post a bit more in a little bit.
Old 2011-08-24, 12:17   Link #8
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
- The game appears to be in 3D, yet still has 2D CGs. Are they going for a Ever17 Xbox 360 approach?
It IS the 3DS. They don't have to do anything weird with the models.
Maybe 3D puzzles?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:17   Link #9
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Here's the "Prologue" section from Famitsu:

Quote:
When he wakes up, he's in an elevator. Besides him is an unknown girl. However, it seems that she knows him. "Sigma... Why? Why does she know my name?" Sigma furiously draws near her, but his questioning is interrupted by a rabbit suddenly appearing on a monitor, telling them they have to escape the elevator quickly. Sigma and the mysterious girl, Phi, escape from the elevator, and before their eyes, they see a wide warehouse. Standing there is seven men and women they don't recognize. Sigma and the other eight must escape from this unknown place in a risky, treacherous game known as the "Ambidex Game". Faith and deception meet as they lie in fear of who will die first, as the curtain on the game known as "betrayal" opens up...
Old 2011-08-24, 12:30   Link #10
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Sigma's description:

Quote:
Sigma, the hot-blooded man who was caught up in this game.
A normal college student. He was abducted and taken to an unknown facility, but for what purpose? He has a fearless expression, but his appearances betray his frequent tendency to use rather lewd words, earning him the dislike of many girls. He is cheerful, honest, and hot-blooded, and yet is easily moved.
Yep, my bet is that he's the one voiced by Daisuke Ono.
Old 2011-08-24, 13:41   Link #11
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Thoughts? I'll admit that while I didn't think 999 was as great as everyone else did (I gave it an 8.5/10), I thought it was still entertaining, and the puzzles were a load of fun. This could turn out to be very promising, and I hope that the plot is better than the first one's. And considering how 999 turned out to be a surprise success for Aksys, I wouldn't be surprised if they translated this one too.
If you compare 999 to 428, yep i would say 999 was the weaker title from chunsoft. Unlike other devs, chunsoft are not afraid to create new IPs. This/last gen we got 428, Imabikiso, 999, all new IPs, besides sequels/remake of exisiting IPs, Shiren for the WII, DS and PSP.
Chunsoft has a good track record creating sound/visual novels games, and i don't think they will disappoint.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:37   Link #12
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...utsu_detailed/
..ugh, why 3D?
And Bluemail, I think you're right..that dark-skinned woman might be Alice

Old 2011-08-24, 18:08   Link #13
Elvin

Yikes. 3D models just like GundamAce said. One has to wonder why.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 01:04   Link #14
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHMhH...layer_embedded
Trailer is up, dood!

Old 2011-08-25, 02:44   Link #15
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
3DS and sony's anti 2D games policy makes comeback?
Just had a looks at the PV, and yep 100% sequel, or another story in the same universe. Actually i am kind of let down... hopefully they will make make it more stylised, like another code: R. The models 3D in the PV looks kind of plastically.
Old 2011-08-25, 16:37   Link #16
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
It's probably cheaper, especially if you use many significantly different poses and especially if you're going to animate them - 2D would require lots of stuff to be redrawn, for 3D you only need to move some things.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 02:15   Link #17
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjohnson View Post
It IS the 3DS??
If you are asking if it is coming for the 3DS, yes it is, besides appearing also for the PSV.
I know nintendo said that they don't mind games on the 3DS without using the 3D feature, but it appears that is game will be using it, or else it would be all in 2D.
Old 2011-08-26, 02:37   Link #18
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Here's the subbed version of the trailer for anyone who is interested.

And yes, the 3D models are bothering me. Still, the scenarios look fantastic and I like the idea of the story even more this time around. I've heard it plays around with the "Prisoner's Dilemma" concept, so that will be most interesting. And a game of betrayal, they say?
Old 2011-08-28, 16:08   Link #19
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Considering the mention of Schrodinger's Cat, and the numerous images of murders... I'm going to assume we're going to see 999 no Naku Koro ni, meaning lots of "closed room murders."

If that's the case, Sigma'll probably have to decide whether or not to trust people, and "game of betrayal" might refer to the fact that depending on who he trusts and what he does, there'll be different murders/killers.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:42   Link #20
hilly
hilly

I caught on a word of 'chinese room' at 0:54 and it is a interesting experiment.by wiki

'tu fui ego eris' is a latin word for 'I was you,and you will be me"(i don't know if i got it right..)

At 1:00,there are well known 3 law of robotics that maybe indicate there were robots among those people?
Anyway,the game is good!
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote