Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 13:58   Link #10401
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I finally mustered up the effort to finish researching the AMX 13 75 and sold my AMX 12t. The thing is, I don't think I want to bother continuing through the French autoloader line... the whole high-tier light tank thing seems a bit broken.

And expensive. I finished the 12t grind by using an entirely-APCR ammo load and shot enough that the best I could do in a game was barely break even.
I don't really like the 12t either but the AMX 13's sorta own. Being a good French light player involves being more opportunistic than a goddamned sewer rat.

Re: armor, it's becoming increasingly irrelevant at higher tiers. HP is much more important.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 14:00   Link #10402
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
The round part at the bottom is somewhat bouncy, but pretty much everyone aims at the very wide flat strip at the front where the driver and radio operator are, and that's hard to hide unless the cover is really tall or it's a deep hull-down position.

Even then I have doubts about the T1HT's mantlet.
This had always been my experience as well. Never had an issue damaging T1s in any vehicle I was driving. Then I kept seeing forum posts by people with blue and purple signatures saying the T1 with its "incredible frontal armor" was by far the best Tier 5 heavy and could make short work of the "weakspot-riddled" KV-1. Meanwhile I am getting Steel Wall games while going full potato and sitting out in the open in the KV-1, and getting destroyed by Tier 3s from the front in the T1. I dunno.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 14:25   Link #10403
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Re: armor, it's becoming increasingly irrelevant at higher tiers. HP is much more important.
nope, it becoming more and more relevant as gold round got nerfed more and more. though it mostly slope and spaced armor matter thanks to their ability to troll bounce, and a good hull down tank with a good player still dominate the game. but pure thickness with flat plates all over the tank like the Maus is as you said, largely irrelevant.

if you angle your tank well, it will increase the chance of troll bouncing shells, and gives you much more effective HP than paper tank with high HP.
Old 2013-11-06, 16:28   Link #10404
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
if you angle your tank well, it will increase the chance of troll bouncing shells, and gives you much more effective HP than paper tank with high HP.
thank you for this helpful lesson from the world of tanks tutorial, I had certainly never heard of this alien concept of "angling" before

Seriously, 350mm+ APCR is everywhere now and people fire more gold than ever. Add to this retarded power creep guns like the WTF-100's 12.8cm which can hit weak spots the size of an apple at max rendering range less than two seconds after spotting you and yeah, armor isn't really going to help you no matter how well angled you are.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:33   Link #10405
Blaat

T-43 ace tanker match (with appropriate meme).

Anyway I can't believe I'm still playing this game after a year, I tend to stop playing online games after one or two months but this one...
Old 2013-11-06, 16:33   Link #10406
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Pretty much. Against TDs(which is almost every vehicle every battle now btw), only autobounce angles can help. Raw armor is only there to troll the low pen mediums(if there is even any left at this point).
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 17:57   Link #10407
Gravitas Free Zone

The Flakbus/Doomtoaster's 88mm L/74 is laughing at the front armor of AT2/8/7s, whether I'm aimed at weak spots or not. Well, it's an RNG gamble with AP, but APCR has consistently gone straight through.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 18:05   Link #10408
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
The Flakbus/Doomtoaster's 88mm L/74 is laughing at the front armor of AT2/8/7s, whether I'm aimed at weak spots or not. Well, it's an RNG gamble with AP, but APCR has consistently gone straight through.
Question: when I see it in game it looks like the gun can point 90 degrees up. So is it really good at non-scoped arty arc shenanigans like some HE guns on other tanks?
Old 2013-11-06, 18:12   Link #10409
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Question: when I see it in game it looks like the gun can point 90 degrees up. So is it really good at non-scoped arty arc shenanigans like some HE guns on other tanks?
The gun does point 90 degrees straight up, I always do it at the start of games. (The problem is that it only goes 5 degrees down. Though in the event that you screw up and get stuck going down hill, at least you can still aim up...)

However, it cannot be used as an artillery piece like the Alecto's derp gun. In fact, the muzzle velocity is high enough that there's very little drop.
Old 2013-11-06, 18:45   Link #10410
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
The gun does point 90 degrees straight up, I always do it at the start of games. (The problem is that it only goes 5 degrees down. Though in the event that you screw up and get stuck going down hill, at least you can still aim up...)

However, it cannot be used as an artillery piece like the Alecto's derp gun. In fact, the muzzle velocity is high enough that there's very little drop.
Aww~ I was hoping to go unscoped and land some surprise shots. Oh well.

Though the elevation is still useful. On some occasions I do die because I couldn't point up enough.
Old 2013-11-06, 18:55   Link #10411
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, the pain of hitting elevation limits in the SU-85B or Dicker Max. (Though I'd say that the 85B's overall traverse is so limited that the thing has trouble angling on anything bumpier than a pool table.)

The Nashorn has fairly terrible gun depression also. I suppose the PzSflV (and the DMax) makes up for that.\

EDITED TO ADD:

WG provides a guide to Team Battles, or "You will only do one thing in this game mode, because anything else is suicide."

Come to think of it, the generally-monolithic team compositions remind me of how TF2 comp would typically run 2x Soldier, 2x Scout, Demoman, Medic for 90% of games...

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-11-06 at 21:09.
Old 2013-11-06, 22:32   Link #10412
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
The Nashorn has fairly terrible gun depression also. I suppose the PzSflV (and the DMax) makes up for that.\
How is the Nashorn compared to the first line of Germans TDs?
Old 2013-11-06, 23:06   Link #10413
Gravitas Free Zone

I only tried it for a couple of games in the test server. From the stats, it looks like a bigger Dicker Max (that was a horrible turn of phrase), trading gun depression for horizontal traverse and alpha damage for rate of fire and penetration. (After all, it's the 88mm L/71 vs. the 105mm howitzer.)

Being a large, very thin-skinned, open-topped TD with little gun dep worries me.

The JP4 was buffed a bit, though mostly regarding the 88mm.
Old 2013-11-06, 23:16   Link #10414
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Interesting. Hopefully I'll get to try it out soon.
Old 2013-11-06, 23:26   Link #10415
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
a bigger Dicker Max
Now I must grind that.
Old 2013-11-06, 23:36   Link #10416
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst
a bigger Dicker Max
Quote:
Now I must grind that.
You people are providing so much fuel for dirty minds.
Old 2013-11-07, 01:06   Link #10417
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Now I must grind that.
Darn it, Achi. I was drinking when I read that.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 01:40   Link #10418
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'll just get this out of the way now then.

Speaking of painful Tier 6 TDs, I have the ARL V39 unlocked, but while I do want to get to the AMX AC 46, the Football is just not something I'm looking forward to using.
Old 2013-11-07, 02:00   Link #10419
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Drinking on a Wednesday? That's naughty.

jk I know what you mean.
Old 2013-11-07, 02:22   Link #10420
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You people are providing so much fuel for dirty minds.
welcome to tank game where people penetrate each other casually.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks