AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-12, 22:48   Link #21
Iron Monkey

I'm guessing these forums will stay put. There's no rule against discussing the series, just no mentioning of where to obtain it. Kinda like the Gundam SEED forums back then, and the Chrno Crusade now.
Old 2004-06-03, 01:50   Link #22
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Honestly, I think that FMA has a better chance of getting on Canadian television than pretty much any other anime out there right now, including Gundam SEED. People have theorized that YTV and FUNimation had a dispute in the past which led to YTV changing over to the Ocean dub of DBZ, but evidence I've compiled suggests that YTV and FUNimation never directly negotiated with eachother to begin with, so I doubt anything like that would wind up being a problem.

Then again, even though YTV could theoretically air virtually anything they want to uncut in prime time... FMA is just such a huge contrast to virtually everything they've show in the past few years in terms of content and subject matter that I'm just not sure if it will fit on the station. I think they'd be much better off going after something like Rurouni Kenshin or Fruits Basket.

But I wouldn't completely count Teletoon out. I'm sure that everyone at Corus is kicking themselves in the nuts for ignoring uncut anime for so long now that Inu-Yasha has grown into a monstrously huge success ("inuyasha" the number one most searched item on Google.ca so far this year), so I wouldn't be surprised if Teletoon finally caves and tries to acquire some anime. For them, I would say that Gundam SEED and FMA would be a very logical place to start. They could easily air the two shows uncut between 9 and 10 and target them towards a teen audience, which is the demographic they're desperately trying to reach right now.

Here's my advice: go to Teletoon's website, enter the Flash section and click on "Talk" in the upper left-hand corner. There, go to "Suggest-A-Show" and type in Fullmetal Alchemist. Give your province, age (which will probably be between 12-17 for most of you I reckon), and province, but for "when do you normally watch Teletoon", be sure to say between 8pm-10pm, as that would be the ideal timeslot for the show. They really do consider these suggestions, and you can vote as many times as you like. Do it constantly. If we all flood them with requests for Fullmetal Alchemist (or Gundam SEED, or Cowboy Bebop), they might finally give in. And I'd really like to see that happen.

Of course, we also have to keep in mind that FUNimation has, so far, completely ignored every international market outside of the US. They leave the UK in the hands of MVM, but Canada gets pretty much ignored both in terms of television broadcast and video distribution. I'm really hoping that a huge franchise like FMA can turn that around once and for all.
Old 2004-06-03, 04:18   Link #23
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Well as long as these forums are hot they will still be up here.
Closed Thread