AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-20, 23:29   Link #21561
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Those were made by Sea Star, most of the 4 komas from that artist are in the MegaPacks translated, or at least the ones of the "Vivio's diary" saga. I remember that some of the ones you posted are translated too and going for the third MegaPack, but not all of them.
Thanks. Will be looking forward to the third megapack.

EDIT:

@Vivio: Oh, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 00:04   Link #21562
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

My progress on Vampire Fate :3

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2009-10-21, 00:38   Link #21563
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I found a Vita for MUGEN today... She's got some nifty mechanics to her character.

Unfortunately... I was playing against everyone on HARD AS HELL so I could see what all their power moves were...

Needless to say:

AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 00:46   Link #21564
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I found a Vita for MUGEN today... She's got some nifty mechanics to her character.

Unfortunately... I was playing against everyone on HARD AS HELL so I could see what all their power moves were...

Needless to say:

Vita on MUGEN is an old characer, Like 2 years ago I posted some screenshots of her showing a thing or two to Hauzer. (although, I'm not sure if new combo patchs or palete colors had been added for the character )

There is also a Nanoha char and I heard of a Fate char, but I'm not sure of this last one. >_>

I was more surprised for the Chuck Norris one actuyally. O.o!
Old 2009-10-21, 01:29   Link #21565
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Well let me put it this way...

Vita's screwed.

<_<
>_>

Badly.

Let's see.

Chuck's attributes:
- Un HIT able. (He has no hitbox.)

Basic Punches and kicks hurl missiles. So every hit is worth two.
He has no reset time on his basic punches and kicks, so you can create twenty-hit combos just by meshing.

His uppercut will instantly send most standard characters off in a ringout style KO.

Hit basic taunt is to point his finger, which causes a small forcefull explosion on the opponent.

He can freeze time.
He can teleport to the other side of the character instantly.
One odd extra move I don't see the norris-logic in is to hit button, and a bomb will fall randomly onto the screen. Hit it fast and it turns into something akin to a carpet bombing.

Every time you take a step or land, he causes an earthquake which eats away at enemy health over time.

He has a fake roundhouse that knocks the opponent across the screen.
He can hurl a ton of bouncing hand grenades and spam them all over the place.
He can throw some kind of progressing collumn of fire across the ground. (Very nasty.)

For Supermoves... (Any of these below are guaranteed insta-KO's on all but modified or special characters.)

- True Roundhouse Kick: Goodbye. (I actually like using the taunt, followed by a time freeze and this to finish it off... funny to watch a match end in two seconds flat.)

- Falcon Punch(?): Okay, he's got a killer punch too... But 'falcon punch'? Ah well, still awesome to watch. You can hold the punch to delay it as long as you want.

- Antiproton Cannon: That huge freakin cannon pops up out of nowhere and he procedes to beam blast anyone in front of him. If you take the whole thing, you're toast.

- Ultimate Sun Tan: Chuck does not kick people into the sun, chuck kicks the sun into people. He'll jump up off the screen, and the sun will come down and kill the opponent.

- Punch you straight to hell: You execute this move in mid-air, but chuck will descend pucnhing at an angle. If the opponent gets caught, a hole in the ground opens up... and then...
"HUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" and flames burst from the hole. After a few seconds, chuck jumps out and the hole snaps shut. (The unfortunate victim screams their KO scream at that point.)

- 666 Hit Combo: Chuck norris zips forward and grabs the opponent. Then the screen goes black and you just see some hits occure. The hits get more 'awesome' and the combo counter climbs faster and faster untill suddenly it jumps up light lightning...

COMBO: 666 K.O.

Chuck reappears in front of a 'multicolor hyperspace corridor' background, his opponent broken on the ground, while he's still in the position of his last punch. (Dramatic punch pose) **This match keeps the ending like this.**

- Exploding... EVERYTHING! Or... something:
Chuck does something... a big glowy spell pattern appears while he acts all crazy in the middle of the screen. Then everything starts blowing up and you get 999 hit combo insta KO. I think this is supposed to be the 'screw it' attack.

What's funny and worth using such a broken character are the victory poses.

- Pose one: Chuck whips off and shakes his hat. Unreal Announcer goes "HEADSHOT" and he puts it back on.

- Pose Two: Screen goes black, you get a windows error message pop up. "You're Dead!" *Skull icon* "Chuck Norris just kicked your ass..." *OK is greyed out.* After staring at it for a second, it shatters as Chuck punches through it.

- Pose Three: The Death Star (From Star Wars) appears in the background bobbing up and down while Imperial March plays. After a few seconds chuck looks at the camera, then snaps his finger and the background goes black, the music cutting off.

- Pose Four: A car suddenly crash-lands next to Chuck and the Walker theme starts playing. He gets in the car and drives off. (Even in space.)

- Special Pose: After kicking the sun into you, he makes a freaky sound while acting really weird.

Special Event: If you go up against chuck norris while playing as chuck norris... Mugen freaks out and the message "MUGEN IS GOING TO DIE!" appears with the Abort, Retry, Fail options typical of that kind of hangup... only you can tell it's a game thing and not an error because the first two options are greyed out and the third one is replaced with "I'm screwed!"

If you don't exit out, the game crashes on an infinite loop detection shutdown. I believe it's to reprisent 'TWO CHUCKS?! DIVIDE BY ZERO! OH SHI-"

For a broken joke character, he's very well done.

Needless to say... I tried to go easy on Vita. I let her run around and do crazy attacks for a while. (Imagine five minutes of chuck standing there while Vita hammers away.) Then I finally 'poked' her with the taunt-timefreeze-roundhouse combo.

I think Chuck understood to go easy... Vita probably woke up a few dimensions over with a headache.
Old 2009-10-21, 01:56   Link #21566
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
ATC, ANYONE can make a ANY character broken in Mugen if he knows how to modify the files. That's why it is regarded as a fcking joke of a game engine in fighting game communities.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 02:09   Link #21567
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
ATC, ANYONE can make a ANY character broken in Mugen if he knows how to modify the files. That's why it is regarded as a fcking joke of a game engine in fighting game communities.
Making a character broken, and making a good broken character are two completely different things however.

The first one requires five minutes, some reading comprehension, and the FIND command.

The second requires hours of planning.

I'm a veteran of Stellar Frontier. Which was built upon unencrypted DAT files the players could edit expressly for the purposes of modding.

Yes, it's absurdly easy to make broken characters. It is not however, easy to make a good character. Broken or not. It is even harder, to create a highly entertaining, and balanced setup. Having my fair share of mods for Stellar Frontier under my belt, I speak from experience there.

That, is a well played Chuck Norris joke character.
Old 2009-10-21, 02:19   Link #21568
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As interesting as MUGEN can be, let's get back on topic before we go off on wild tangents. Someone post an image... I've got nothing. Well, nothing safe for work or this board.
Old 2009-10-21, 02:27   Link #21569
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

That, is a well played Chuck Norris joke character.
He have no hitbox. You call that good? It's first step to mugen modwank. Now, Necro NekoArc IS a good joke character!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 04:48   Link #21570
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
- Special Pose: After kicking the sun into you, he makes a freaky sound while acting really weird.
That's the most popular end of Dio Brando's signature combo, Za Warudo.

Now, images, images.... Oh! Have a little S2U-tan.

Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 05:56   Link #21571
kaworu50

Guys! This Halloween, can I draw 'WereWolf Zafira' and 'VampireVita'?
kaworu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:03   Link #21572
kaworu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yuuno/Vita eh...

Spoiler:

There's also this.

Wah! Sort of hent**.
kaworu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:15   Link #21573
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He have no hitbox. You call that good? It's first step to mugen modwank. Now, Necro NekoArc IS a good joke character!
No Hitbox is the entire point of the Joke. "You cannot hurt Chuck Norris."
Now, there is an alternate mode that comes with the finished character to make chuck hurtable. If you REALLY must bypass the joke. (It also seems you're making your decision based on how well balanced the character's abilities are. Two different standards we're looking at here. I'm going on the quality of the work done.)

The character sprite is done well (from whatever original character it was yanked off of and recolored from.) The Moves list is very mature and cleaned up. (You can find about three different versions to compare the progress.)
Sounds are clear, and the extra tidbits put into the intro, the moves themselves, and the endings are excelent.

Now compare these to Zeeky H Bomb, Omega Tiger Woods 2008, Omega Tom Hanks, and Very Cheap Insane Silly Gaelik SSJ135.

(By the way, I found a Queen Beryl... Muahahaha. Kicked her ass by using the 'Punch you to Hell' attack.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's the most popular end of Dio Brando's signature combo, Za Warudo.

Now, images, images.... Oh! Have a little S2U-tan.

Thanks for that quick link to Dio Brando. I knew the 'sound', just can't 'describe' it too well. "Uuuuwwweeeee!!!!!" ?

Anyway.

Vita vs Yuuno... Hilarity.
VITA: BREAK DAMN YOU!
Yuuno: Uh... I don' wanna break.
VITA: RAAAAGGH!!!!
Old 2009-10-21, 12:08   Link #21574
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Thanks for that quick link to Dio Brando. I knew the 'sound', just can't 'describe' it too well. "Uuuuwwweeeee!!!!!" ?
It's generally written as WRYYYYYYY!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 20:16   Link #21575
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Is that Nanoha and Chrono?

Image unrelated to above question.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 20:20   Link #21576
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Why do the looks on their faces crack me up so badly?
Old 2009-10-21, 21:29   Link #21577
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Erio: ...I didn't know--

Caro & Lutecia: IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!

Erio: ...then, can I join in?
Old 2009-10-21, 21:36   Link #21578
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Erio: ...I didn't know--

Caro & Lutecia: IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!

Erio: ...then, can I join in?
Caro & Lutecia: ...
Old 2009-10-21, 21:42   Link #21579
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Caro & Lutecia: In that case it's exactly what it looks like.

Erio: ... can I wat-

C& L: ...no.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:48   Link #21580
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Vampire Fate :3

Spoiler for Size:

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw