AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 16:07   Link #41
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

From up on poppy hill!

Finally got around to watching the newest studio ghibli movie and I must say Goro Miyazaki has definitely redeemed himself after the disappointing tales from earth sea.

To be honest it did start off slowly but straight away as usual with any ghibli movie I'm sucked in by the detail and beauty of the animation and as the story progresses the more connected the beauty of the animation and the beauty of the story become.

I wish I had a big old clubhouse when I was at high school.
Old 2012-11-08, 18:10   Link #42
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

ah damn I did try looking for it originally in the search but had no luck must have misspelt the japanese version when I typed it in hence why I went for the english title lol, cheers =)
Old 2013-03-14, 13:11   Link #43
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Apparently opening today (March 15, 2013) in select New York cinemas. Sounds like a decent dub.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 21:16   Link #44
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Digging through my backlog, I found this. Too bad it's boring as hell. I dunno where they went wrong with this one, because it felt a lot like Ocean Waves, which ranks as one of my favourite Ghibli movies ever (mainly because of its focus on romance unlike most other Ghibli films where its seconday). Heck, the main girl is voiced my Nagasawa Masami (one of my fave actrors as I noticed she has a tendency to be casted as osananajimi characters XD), and she did good here. Animation still was top notch, and they did good giving off the feeling of 60's life.

So all that good stuff, but I still couldn't get into it. Just didn't give off the feeling other Ghibli movies has given. Granted it wasn't nearly as bad as Earthsea, but then again that isn't saying much. Maybe Miyazaki Jr just doesn't mesh well with my tastes, I dunno.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote