AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 06:17   Link #901
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow View Post
Anyway, I just read about the end of manga. I gotta say I don't understand people's fixation with Tanyuu. Is a love interest that important in an anime/manga? 99% of other anime/manga have them, Mushishi doesn't need it.
Actually, I find the relationship between the two interesting even if romance was taken out of the equation. In a sense, they're kindred spirits. They're opposites in that one is bound to a single place while the other is forced to wander. The two are cursed with uncertain futures (due to the forbidden mushi and the Tokoyami) and yet they cling on to hope while retaining their respect for all forms of life. Even without the romance, there's mutual recognition, respect, and admiration for the other's calmness and strength of character but all of it is expressed in a subtle manner.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 18:40   Link #902
ginko51

Thanks for the upload.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-08-27 at 18:17.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 19:04   Link #903
Rahan

You are talking about the end, so is the manga already over ? (checked out the manga section, but there wasn't any Mushishi thread unless I screwed up my search)
Since the manga was already being sold in my country when I discovered Mushishi (after watching the anime), I bought directly the translated stuff and never went after scanlations of the manga.
ANN and Wikipedia both lists the manga as being up to volume 9 and still ongoing, so what's the deal ? Volume 10 is the last one but the Tankoubon isn't released yet ?
I am sad, I guess I have only 3 more volumes of Mushishi goodness to read. I expected / wanted it to last longer.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:06   Link #904
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
I recall seeing the thread in the manga section but it was only 3 or 5 pages long.

@Endow: Well, most of us seem to know little of the events not yet covered by the anime adaptations. For now, let's just appreciate the ambiguity of their relationship. Speculate or ignore as you please.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:04   Link #905
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
I recall seeing the thread in the manga section but it was only 3 or 5 pages long.
Aye, there is one after all. But searching for Mushi (because it's sometimes written Mushishi or Mushi-shi) weirdly didn't bring any results (well, it did, but not what I was looking for)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:52   Link #906
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
I like the eccentric attributes of MushiShi.
Old 2008-08-24, 02:44   Link #907
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I always wondered this
do we ever figure out Ginko's age? he looks to be around....like 26? 27? or something.

and ep 12 which told of his origins and Nui....does that mean if he ever lets the "light" get him that he would "vanish?" (i forget it's the......Kyoragama or something, the thing that makes ur hair white and takes an eye)
from what i get though.....like it was explaining about the fish and how they eventually lost both eyes?
so wouldn't....ginko eventually lose both eyes? or does he have to be in contact with that "one" mushi like the ones in the pond for that to happen.
ep 12 just confused me a lil can someone explain?

and btw.....if he gave that one girl like "his eye" in that episode....where'd that come from if he was already missing one....does he have 3 eyes lol

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-08-24 at 02:56.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:49   Link #908
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
do we ever figure out Ginko's age?
It may of been a question asked at a con, though i know for certain you don't find out in the series.
Old 2008-08-26, 00:57   Link #909
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
You are talking about the end, so is the manga already over ?
I thought it's ended, but another chapter has just been uploaded today in one of the Chinese manga sites that I follow. That's chapter 46, does anyone know whether it's new or old material?
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:04   Link #910
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I thought it's ended, but another chapter has just been uploaded today in one of the Chinese manga sites that I follow. That's chapter 46, does anyone know whether it's new or old material?
Well I haven't read any chapters above 32 yet so I couyldn't say. It's been hard for me finding websites that have a good amount of Mushishi manga material.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:20   Link #911
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Chapter 46 is the first chapter of volume 9, which came out a few months ago. Mushishi was supposed to end with the 10th volume, but it's not out yet. I assume the publication in the magazine it ran in is over though, can anyone confirm this?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:27   Link #912
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Chapter 46 is the first chapter of volume 9, which came out a few months ago. Mushishi was supposed to end with the 10th volume, but it's not out yet. I assume the publication in the magazine it ran in is over though, can anyone confirm this?
Yes Mushishi has just finished its run Monday in Afternoon magazine's October issue. This is all according to an article on ANN.
Old 2008-08-27, 02:10   Link #913
blewin

so it has ended. aww.... I'll miss Mushishi.

It has so much potential too. I'd love them to make an anime movie out of it (not live-action, it just can't achieve that tranquility and melancholy balance as well as the anime-version).
Old 2008-08-27, 19:22   Link #914
Shirozakii

Mushi-Shi...favorite episode?

Which is ur favorite episode in Mushi-Shi and why?

My favorite episode was episode 12, its probably the only episode that explains Ginko, other than the last episode, but then again, that one didn't really reveal anything amazing.
Old 2008-08-28, 12:18   Link #915
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post

My favorite episode was episode 12, its probably the only episode that explains Ginko, other than the last episode, but then again, that one didn't really reveal anything amazing.
what;d prolly be my fav aswell
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 14:35   Link #916
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Dammit, I just had brilliant descriptions of my favorite episodes and why I liked them that took me forever to type up, but I somehow accidently deleted it all and since I don't feel like typing all that crap up again I'll just list my favorites. Crap!

Raindrops and Rainbows
Inside the Cage
The Daybreak Snake
String from the Heavens

So those are my favorites
Old 2008-08-28, 19:16   Link #917
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post

one of my favourites too.

Other would be:
the ep just before Nui's ep, about the mountain god and the Mushishi sacrificing himself? I really like the foreshadowing there as we first saw Ginko showing alarm!

another episode with snowy backdrop about this boy always hibernating during winter? love that one too.

There're probably others, but I can't remember.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:20   Link #918
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
one of my favourites too.

Other would be:
the ep just before Nui's ep, about the mountain god and the Mushishi sacrificing himself? I really like the foreshadowing there as we first saw Ginko showing alarm!

another episode with snowy backdrop about this boy always hibernating during winter? love that one too.

There're probably others, but I can't remember.
The mountain episode was pretty good, but it really did heat up towards the end. Defenitely one of the more tense moments in Mushishi. One of my favorite images from Mushishi is actually that huge White snake coiled around the mountain as it assumes its role as the Mountain god.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:27   Link #919
blewin

uh, yes, that image. A huge snake sleeping out in the open and no one can see it!
Old 2008-08-28, 19:29   Link #920
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
uh, yes, that image. A huge snake sleeping out in the open and no one can see it!
Thats the cool thing about it. However there are a select few that can see Mushi so I would like to see one of those people see that thing and suddenly flip out in front of everyone.

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural