AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 04:58   Link #1481
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

It's a minor troll, Advanced Generation is a Pokemon subseries (the Hoenn series)
Old 2011-06-21, 05:53   Link #1482
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Yeah, he's not the designer he's adapting the original designs for animation like he did Yun Koga's designs for 00, the designs are by the character designer of Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven.
No need to tell me things I posted a few pages ago. However Chiba is the character designer. Just because he adopted Kouga and Nagano's concepts doesnt mean he's not. The shows' final designs were his, in his own styles, hence my point that it doesn't matter if a single person did the designs, they can still have two distinct styles.
Old 2011-06-21, 07:16   Link #1483
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
For what it's worth, Gundam Wiki is using "Advanced Generation".
Gundam Info, too
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 07:25   Link #1484
HasuMasu
*Artist

i was kinda expecting one with a number, like E2, oh well
Old 2011-06-21, 11:47   Link #1485
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Gundam AGE Official Site Story Page

The calendar is known as "Advanced Generation" , aka A.G. written in plain english in the official Japanese site.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 11:59   Link #1486
tetsuo69

fitting for the series...
Old 2011-06-21, 14:18   Link #1487
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
No need to tell me things I posted a few pages ago. However Chiba is the character designer. Just because he adopted Kouga and Nagano's concepts doesnt mean he's not. The shows' final designs were his, in his own styles, hence my point that it doesn't matter if a single person did the designs, they can still have two distinct styles.
I did not realize that you had already pointed that out as the previous poster also asked the same question so I answered it at the same time as replying to the quoted part, I apologize.

That's true however the "feel" of the designs in these two cases clearly come from the original artist so Chiba's good in that he can really bring out multiple styles in his adaptations but the main point is that despite having the same character adapter that means little as these designs couldn't be farther away from each other so whether it's the same man or not has no effect on whether one likes one, the other, or both. There is not that much similarity in the adapted designs between 00's highly defined designs and an art style that makes the characters "feel somewhat older" than their number age (whether one likes that they are bishounen or not) and the simplistic adaptations of the AGE designs which were already simplistic in drawn form in an art style where characters look far younger than their number age even the adults, aside from some of the slightly more mature shading adding to those night scenes in the trailer that Chiba's fortunately given them.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 18:52   Link #1488
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
That's true however the "feel" of the designs in these two cases clearly come from the original artist so Chiba's good in that he can really bring out multiple styles in his adaptations but the main point is that despite having the same character adapter that means little as these designs couldn't be farther away from each other so whether it's the same man or not has no effect on whether one likes one, the other, or both. There is not that much similarity in the adapted designs between 00's highly defined designs and an art style that makes the characters "feel somewhat older" than their number age (whether one likes that they are bishounen or not) and the simplistic adaptations of the AGE designs which were already simplistic in drawn form in an art style where characters look far younger than their number age even the adults, aside from some of the slightly more mature shading adding to those night scenes in the trailer that Chiba's fortunately given them.
I'm not disagreeing with you there. I'm just saying that the fact that a person's past work is aimed towards a certain group doesn't matter - Chiba's previous work was adapting Yun Kouga's shoujo-style art, and his current work adapts a shounen style. Hirai's work in Scryed and Infinite Ryvius had characters that looked very different from each other, whereas his work in Seed had characters with the same goggly eyed generic bishie face.

But yeah, you're free to dislike the designs in the series, but I just think that if the show is successful in telling a good story and bringing in fans, I think people will just get used to the style and forget that it was ever "different".
Old 2011-06-22, 00:29   Link #1489
tetsuo69

my only problem with this series so far are the design for the characters nothin else.
Old 2011-06-22, 04:28   Link #1490
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

It seems the other new Gundam project will be an anime of "Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin".

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2432.html

So I'm guessing this is what will replace Unicorn as their old school-style OVA Gundam after its 6th episode is released?

EDIT: Oh, in the info thread.
Old 2011-06-22, 04:51   Link #1491
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope they kept the UC homages in this series like "red is three times faster" & so on...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 09:55   Link #1492
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It seems the other new Gundam project will be an anime of "Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin".

So I'm guessing this is what will replace Unicorn as their old school-style OVA Gundam after its 6th episode is released?

EDIT: Oh, in the info thread.

HOLY FUCK!? I actually consider the origin version to be much much much much superior to the original 0079 in terms of details, pacing and design. The characters are so much more developed and human, the designs make a lot more sense and everything just fits together better even if there are active retcons.

PLEASE BE REAL!!!!! Although i would also want an ecole du ciel or crossbone ova.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 10:58   Link #1493
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I miss all those comments....ah the good old times whenever a new Gundam series is announced~

Anyway, we will need one thread for Gundam The Origin soon

Old 2011-06-22, 15:23   Link #1494
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

Oooh, very exciting news. Between this, AGE, and the still-ongoing Unicorn, looks like a whole pile of treats ahead.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:13   Link #1495
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
because in all likelihood, it's going to suck.
It was an okay statement, before you said that 'in all likelyhood', present evidence first before flat out saying it's going to, because we don't know if they're going to pull something on us.

Even meteorologists have some indicators that tell them their basis for prediction. either way, your assumption doesn't mean anything until you present factual basis for it.

For AGE, i'll give it the first arc (1-13) and make a judgement on whether to continue or not. But if it's passable, I might finish it.

Can we get the Origin Thread up?
Old 2011-06-23, 07:21   Link #1496
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

If I'm to be honest, I'm more interested in AGE than I'm with Origin. I mean, I like Origin and the first series and all, but I had already watched the first TV (in two languages), the movie trilogy, and played the game, so the only motivation to watch it is that after A New Translation, seeing all those old shows get redone in a new modern high quality animation is pretty neat, and all those classic fights end up looking as good as they should be.

On the other hand, AGE offers something different, new potential for the franchise, interesting story hook and it's something I hadn't seen before.

Still, pretty nice stuff to look forward to.
Old 2011-06-23, 07:27   Link #1497
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm actually hoping ZZ, V, and maybe even CCA and F91 get an updated re-release like A New Translation and Origin.
Old 2011-06-23, 07:43   Link #1498
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I share the same sentiment somewhat as well, at least with ZZ, F91 and V

ZZ and F91 getting a re-release would be pretty sweet, and tbh, somewhat necessary lol. Everything about them needs to be improved in many aspects, and in F91's, everything needs to improve

V would also be interesting to see, much like A New Translation, it might work as a nice alternative take on the series or more along fan-service for the fans by having them reanimate the more memorable scenes of the show.

Now CCA ... I don't know, I would like to see it with a modern look, but the movie as it is is pretty great and I don't think there is much to add to it. Plus I think it aged well, and the retro look really suits it nowadays.

Going back to AGE, I think it's sort of now clear why did they go with a more radical concept than before since they are sort of appeasing all the different fans via Unicorn and Origin. And I suppose they might be setting something with Wing as well.

Interesting times are ahead.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:44   Link #1499
GAT-X207

Is Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin confirmed to be an OVA or a tv serie? (Sorry, but I can't read Kanjis)

And if it is, any ideas on where it's going to insert with AGE/Unicorn airing?
Old 2011-06-23, 11:08   Link #1500
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
If I'm to be honest, I'm more interested in AGE than I'm with Origin. I mean, I like Origin and the first series and all, but I had already watched the first TV (in two languages), the movie trilogy, and played the game, so the only motivation to watch it is that after A New Translation, seeing all those old shows get redone in a new modern high quality animation is pretty neat, and all those classic fights end up looking as good as they should be.

On the other hand, AGE offers something different, new potential for the franchise, interesting story hook and it's something I hadn't seen before.

Still, pretty nice stuff to look forward to.

I somewhat agree that it is a story done and told a billion times in games, movie, anime, novel format...but....BUT this is too awesome.

They highlight the human drama a lot more in Origins, gives a much more interesting backstory to the development of Mobile suits, the origins of zeon, char's history...there's a lot more in this than anything else, assuming this is going to be a faithful adaptation that is.

I can't wait, the action is going to be so awesome too, judging how they portray action in Origins, scene by scene camera by camera, makes it feel so visceral and intense a bit similar to Gantz in terms of presentation (not violence, although there is a bunch of gore in origins too). God this is crazy...

What are they going to do with Bright!?!?!?!?!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote