AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 14:30   Link #481
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Nope =/ I'm not familiar enough with chess tactics. While I know basic chess rules like how the pieces move, promotion, castling, etc, I don't know tactics. I'm not sure what you are getting at here. In your description it seems that you believe that Nanjo is the pawn? Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding you or I'm misunderstanding who the pawn is. I thought the isolated pawn in this scenario is Jessica as she cannot protect the space in front of her or attack it, and Nanjo is stuck defending the pawn. Perhaps you suggesting they are both isolated pawns? Please explain as I really don't understand...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-17, 17:38   Link #482
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-17, 18:23   Link #483
chronotrig

Spoiler for umi3:
Old 2008-09-18, 00:43   Link #484
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I've only read up to Chapter 12 of Episode 3, but I wanted to post this.

As for right now, I don't have one well-built up theory about how a human is doing the murders, I have various ones, but none that link. But I do have one theory that links very well, that I want to post. The theory:

Spoiler for Theory:

As I get further into Episode 3, I might add stuff or some part of it might get prooven false, but I posted it now, because I would like to see what people think and to see if they can add onto it or debunk it.
Old 2008-09-18, 01:12   Link #485
chronotrig

Wow, you really only read that much and you still got all that? Pretty much all of what you said still stands.
Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-09-18, 04:55   Link #486
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

For crazysjd89's stuff:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for peroyasha:

Spoiler for comment:

Spoiler for Nanjo's death plea:

Spoiler:

This episode seems to be the Watanagashi/Meakashi type of Umineko. The episode where things go wrong to the mastermind.
Old 2008-09-18, 06:49   Link #487
jonnysalaris
Oblivious Nerd

DISTRACTION!!! hehe... i want to ask why there are no ep 3 tea party spoilers?
Old 2008-09-18, 09:54   Link #488
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Always interesting to read the other side of the argument.
GJ, crazysjd89. ^^

Spoiler for @theacefrehley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysalaris View Post
DISTRACTION!!! hehe... i want to ask why there are no ep 3 tea party spoilers?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-18, 11:02   Link #489
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Not that odd, those chess terms

When Walgiria mentioned this:

「バックランクメイト!
安らかに眠りなさい。」

It was right after Beato tried to turn her into dust with all those thousands of fragments of spear/shields.

It was as though she was saying: 'Novice, you still have too much to learn'

And when she said:

「スマザードメイト。
楽しかったですよ、ベアトリーチェ!」

Beato was trying to run away, before the Walgiria's 'final attack'.

It was as though she was saying: 'You have nowhere to go now!'

Old 2008-09-18, 17:13   Link #490
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-18, 18:39   Link #491
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Probably some over-thinking but...

Spoiler for 即死定義疑問:
Old 2008-09-20, 00:53   Link #492
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
Probably some over-thinking but...

Spoiler for 即死定義疑問:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-20, 04:35   Link #493
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-20, 11:31   Link #494
Roll

I'm agree with you guys. Plus, If we have to apply the same logic as in Higurashi, I think we just should wait until the Answer Arcs come out, don't you think? I mean, many clues to solve the mistery were given in Meakashi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen. I think it's just a matter of time, until we can have real clues.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:01   Link #495
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I'm agree with you guys. Plus, If we have to apply the same logic as in Higurashi, I think we just should wait until the Answer Arcs come out, don't you think? I mean, many clues to solve the mistery were given in Meakashi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen. I think it's just a matter of time, until we can have real clues.
But the fun thing about it is to create theories now and see what we did think right or wrong in the end, and improve the theories as the episodes come out.

What is the fun about seeing a mystery and say: 'well, let's wait 2 years until the the solution comes out'?

I remember that back in Onikakushi-hen, I already saw people making theories about a weird 'paranoia disease'.

Even if we are completely wrong, it's a good time-killing entertainment
Old 2008-09-20, 13:24   Link #496
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
It all comes down to Ryukishi's ending XD
Anyways, yes that could be possible
I didn't say anything about applying the rules of higurashi to umineko, just that some parts are similar, you have to agree with me
Old 2008-09-20, 13:30   Link #497
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Key words being: some and similar =)
I didn't mean that as well, but sometimes when I'm analyzing Umineko information from Higurashi pops up and then I realize it's two different worlds xD Or when I forcefully want Umineko to be like Higurashi... (like forgetting Maria doesn't know of past arcs like Rika, because Maria isn't Rika, even though it's silly, or when I have to keep remembering myself that there's no disease and no one is hallucinating this time around) xD It's furstrating, actually.

Anyways, theorizing is fun.
And the fun part is to get to the solution and then think "Oh my god, that makes so much sense; how did I miss that?" or "YES! I knew that it was something like that!"

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-20, 13:38   Link #498
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
『うみねこのく頃に』の推理は、可能不可能か。

本作品は、ジャンル的には連続殺人ミステリーになるかもしれません。
しかし、だからといって推理が可能であることを保証するものではありません。

“解けるようにできている”甘口パズルをお好みの方はどうぞお引取りを。
『うみねこのく頃に』は、皆さんに“解かせる気が毛頭ない”最悪な物語です。

しかし、だからこそ挑みたくなる最悪な皆さんは、初めましてようこそ。
私も、そんな最悪な皆さんを“屈服させたくて”この物語をお届けします。

皆さんは、どんな不思議な出来事が起こっても、全て“人間とトリック”で説明し、
一切の神秘を否定する、最悪な人間至上主義者共です。

どうぞ、六軒島で起こる不可解な事件の数々を、存分に“人間とトリック”で説明してください。
皆さんが、どこまで人間至上主義を貫けるのか、それを試したいのです。

犯人は魔女。アリバイもトリックも全ては魔法。
こんなのミステリーじゃなくてファンタジー!

あなたが悔し涙をぼろぼろ零しながら、そう言って降参するところが見たいのです。
私が期待するのは、正解に至る推理が現れることじゃない。

一体何人が最後まで、魔女の存在を否定して、“犯人人間説”を維持できるのか。
つまりこれは、魔女と人間の戦いの物語なのです。
I personal don't really care if my theories are right or wrong.
I'll most likely be wrong. Umineko isn't even guaranteed that it is solvable.
But since Ryukishi 07 gave this ultimatum, I'll fight to the end.
I'll be happy if I get only one thing right which I've already accomplished ^^
I figured there had to be multiple Beatrices in the storyline as it's just a name being passed around back in EP 02. If any one thing I said was right in my EP 03 notes, it's just icing on the cake.

Also unlike Higurashi, Umineko has some things unique to it.
1) A riddle that is solvable. We know. At least 2 people have solve it without "magic" being involved.

2) The classic close circle feel, coupled with (presumably) undeniable facts.

3) A semi-official nod from Beatrice that everything in EP 03 is doable by mere humans.

If everything stayed the same as with EP 01, then I know I wouldn't have pursued the answer as much. Although I do miss the "horror" feeling of EP 01. When are we going to get creepy scenes like Maria just singing in the middle room with dead bodies and the characters only found about this b/c they got that phone call? That's one thing that still has my head scratching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
I remember that back in Onikakushi-hen, I already saw people making theories about a weird 'paranoia disease'.
The first 100 emails Ryukishi got when he released Onikakushi-hen, only 1 person thought Keiichi wasn't a reliable source because he was paranoid. That's why he put the claim on Onikakushi-hen that only 1% of its readers will solve the mystery. Also there were a quite a few who figured it was a government conspiracy after the release of Tatarigoroshi-hen game (not anime).

Anywho, Umineko is a game. Just reading and waiting for the answer is one way to play it. Others can theorize and see how much they're on track or see how completely off they are. Whichever way you want to play it, just be courteous to others who play it a different way. We'll all here to enjoy the game.

As for the rules of Higurashi applying to Umineko, of course.
If you bought the game you will notice this right away
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-20, 17:44   Link #499
Roll

Yes, you are right, I have a lot of theories too, but there's always something that busts them out, and then another theory is born xD I think is really fun to theorize too, but I get some serious headaches sometimes when I try to connect all the points in Umineko, and that's why I'd rather waiting until (At least) reading the 4th arc, when it comes out. And of course all of your theories are really good, I always have fun reading them xP, but to me this a real puzzle @_@.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:18   Link #500
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Meh :P
It's a real puzzle to everyone. Personally, I've only finished episode 1 (can't read japanese yet, so yeah.), so most of my theories are massively based on that, but I was quite surprised that even in episode 3 it seems they are still standing (even if they aren't as solid as they were before).
What makes it so hard in these kind of games is that when you ask everything "why?" the answer you get is mostly a blank. you know the facts, but you can't quite figure the intention behind the murders. Well, that you might, but then you ask yourself "why like this?" and that's the real blank, at least for me.

Hum, the thing that has really made me jump in umineko was one of the chapter's transitions. :P
Closed Thread