AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 01:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:49   Link #2
IndoViking

Ugh, I accidentally voted a 10 already.... well this is the White day arc, so i hope the episode lives up to what i mistakenly voted ^_^
Old 2009-07-31, 12:01   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just started, and yay new OP.

Plenty of good scenes all around in this episode, making it a win-win situation. Funniest moment by far as to be the scene where Maria appeared at random to take the cookies. I laughed so hard at this, and the fact that it was so random worked so well. I wasn't expect that at all.

My favorite scene has to be the last one, where Hayate gives Hina cookies. I was waiting for this to happen since the start of the episode, and it was just so adorable. Yet again i find myself caring more about Hayate x Hina then Hayate x Ayumu.

Oh, and Nagi wanted a drill was priceless.

Now i must give one huge HURRAY for a new ED, finally. Really like the new OP, because it's the kind of KOTOKO song that suits the show perfectly, just like the second OP of the first season. Some pretty nice visuals as well.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-31 at 16:00.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:47   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Makoto! If it isn't you, Makoto! When is Cross Days coming out?!
--

New... OP and ED, you say?!
*crowd cheering*
Uooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

OP was... disappointing, compared to the first season's OP, but compared to this season's OP, is better.
For better or for worse, it moved a lot...

ED... Anything is better than the previous garbage that played at the end every episode, so yeah, it was a great improvement. Kugimiya's singing is as painful to the ear as ever though...

Great episode! 10/10. It's been a while since the comedy throughout the episode was actually funny, and the romantic moments between Hayate and Hinagiku/Ayumu were good too.
Still... Keh, as dense as ever to romance, Hayate is... The only thing that ruins it and gets old. Keh...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-07-31, 16:12   Link #5
RockD
's Most Ignored

eh? new op and ed?
have you seen my previous post?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=32
now, it's finally come true!!!
Old 2009-07-31, 16:28   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

Jesus Christ, s_b. Feel the hate, hm?

Objectively, I'd definitely rate H.I.N.A. as one of the better songs of the Hayate anime. "Garbage"... my my my.

Content-wise, I'd say that this is one of THE defining Hina-episodes. No big new revelations, but it highlights exactly the way she is. Answering Miki's choco. Getting crowded by fans who also want cookies from her. Fulfilling her self-appointed obligation to promote Ayumu's romance with Hayate even to the extent that it's cutting her. Helping out Hayate, also against her personal interests. Scolding him in understandable anger, but still fully aware of her own feelings ("Jeez! I wonder why I'm in love with this guy..."), and helping him out again. Getting all flustered when the cafe master was teasing her on the boyfriend angle. And helping him out a THIRD time (this time with Maria) to ensure that he can fulfil his promise to Ayumu. And - which is fairly rare - eventually getting a reward for her efforts in some White Day cookies (complete with playing a little trick on Hayate to cover her embarrassment).

In summary, this chapter shows 75% of why I consider her so incredibly endearing. Particularly the scenes which show her fighting the bitter fight against her own feelings to fulfill her duty towards Ayumu.

A rare 9 from me.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:56   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Jesus Christ, s_b. Feel the hate, hm?

Objectively, I'd definitely rate H.I.N.A. as one of the better songs of the Hayate anime. "Garbage"... my my my.
Label me as another person who says it's garbage.
Old 2009-07-31, 17:09   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

*bops a "Garbage" label on Shiroth as requested*
Old 2009-07-31, 17:16   Link #9
GDB

Those who think that song is garbage are obviously jealous of Hina. Or angered that the trio don't get much screen time beyond dragging Hina to the karaoke box.

I could almost see not liking it for the Hot Springs arc, just because it was such an emotional Nagi story, but other than that it's pure jealousy!
Old 2009-07-31, 17:22   Link #10
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I love H.I.N.A. myself, I don't know why anyone would think it was "garbage" it was pretty catchy.
Old 2009-07-31, 17:33   Link #11
xellos2099

AS for preview, i have no ides what arc is it.... anyone got any clue?
Old 2009-07-31, 17:35   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Those who think that song is garbage are obviously jealous of Hina. Or angered that the trio don't get much screen time beyond dragging Hina to the karaoke box.

I could almost see not liking it for the Hot Springs arc, just because it was such an emotional Nagi story, but other than that it's pure jealousy!
No not really, i just didn't like the song or the video. I also didn't like how they had an ED focused on just one character for 17 episodes.

& i love Hina.

Is it so wrong that i have that opinion?
Old 2009-07-31, 18:40   Link #13
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is it so wrong that i have that opinion?
Yes, yes it is.

Also, just checked out the new OP on crunchyroll. Amazing. Fanservice combined with scenes and characters from the manga that likely won't make it into the anime.
Old 2009-07-31, 21:22   Link #14
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Yay new OP/ED! As far as the OP goes, it's a definitive step up from the previous one (which was just utter trash as far as I'm concerned), but the new OP's song doesn't feel like it goes along with what's going on in the animation at all (especially during the gratuitous fanservice shots -_-). Anyone else get that vibe? Last season's KOTOKO openings were much better. Although it gets awesome points for Izumi + Kotetsu, as well as maid Chiharu.

As for the ED, I was honestly surprised by it. I was expecting it to suck 'cause, well, I don't like Kugimiya's voice in general, but it wasn't that bad. It was pretty good, even, possibly because I like Shiraishi's singing voice, which counter-balanced Kugimya's.

As for the episode; good stuff. This time they delivered the jokes a lot better than in the manga, and they did the Hina bits a good service. So 10/10 for that.

And was that Risa's grandpa (or I think he's her grandpa, anyway) that showed up 3/4 of the way through when Ayumu was talking to herself about her clothes? Pretty sure it was, I'm just too lazy to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
AS for preview, i have no ides what arc is it.... anyone got any clue?
Looked like it was just the filler stuff to me; no "arc" in particular, really. My guess is the next arc will be the Sakuya's birthday bit, which is where the season will probably end.
Old 2009-07-31, 21:45   Link #15
GDB

Okay, checked the raw... don't like this new ED. Not even just compared to HINA, but overall it's bleh.

As for the preview, seems to cover chapter 130 and 131. Chapter 130 isn't really important overall I believe. Chapter 131 is the prelude to Sakuya's birthday.
Old 2009-07-31, 22:04   Link #16
Ishe

I was really glad to see a new ED. I didn't dislike the Hine one, but it was far too overplayed. I don't think Kugimiya's singing is painfull, and it was really cute, with all the crab walks and such.
Old 2009-07-31, 23:23   Link #17
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

New OP is great, feels like the seres it's getting it's second wind. I'm really hoping for 52 eps now. As for the new ED, as much as I love H-I-N-A I think it's about time for a change, and the duet between Ryoko & Rie is very very cute
Old 2009-08-01, 01:57   Link #18
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Before I head off to sleep (and consequently forget about it), this is easily the best part of the new OP.

Spoiler for large image:

Last edited by qwertyman; 2009-08-01 at 02:38.
Old 2009-08-01, 02:23   Link #19
xellos2099

Yes i just saw the chinese sub, very excellent the preview does look like "cell" and "fan" chapter
Old 2009-08-01, 06:43   Link #20
Alvord12

I'm a bit disappointed with both the new OP and ED , Wonder Wind and H.I.N.A were much better. I feel that the new OP has an excess of Fan Service in it, but hey I'm NOT complaining Definitely a 9 for the episode, in my opinion.
Closed Thread