AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 23:12   Link #1341
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its very light heart. Gave a lot of laugh tho for the chapter.. cant wait for it
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 03:05   Link #1342
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Spoiler for 29:
Spoiler for 29:
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 04:25   Link #1343
Slayerx

Quote:
Spoiler for 29:
You should title your spoiler tag with "manga" when mentioning manga material... 29 implies that it regards just this previous episode (thus only anime material)
Spoiler for manga:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 15:44   Link #1344
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Spoiler for 29:
Spoiler for 29 and manga(?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
You should title your spoiler tag with "manga" when mentioning manga material... 29 implies that it regards just this previous episode (thus only anime material)
Spoiler for manga:
Ah, you're right. I didn't realize I wrote some of the manga stuff in there .
Spoiler for manga:

________
Portable Vaporizer

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:21.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 04:50   Link #1345
MechR

Quote:
Spoiler for Future Character:
I kinda doubt we're going to see him, actually. They've removed all references to him in the anime. (Thought that was kinda dumb... Even if they weren't planning to get to him, it wouldn't have hurt to leave the refs in just in case.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler:
It's like canon filler
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:12   Link #1346
shibakun

"I kinda doubt we're going to see him, actually. They've removed all references to him in the anime. (Thought that was kinda dumb... Even if they weren't planning to get to him, it wouldn't have hurt to leave the refs in just in case.)"

He doesn't get referenced until chapter 166 in the manga so there is plenty of time.
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:10   Link #1347
Bern-san

here there are the two times that they referred him in manga up to 29 in anime
Spoiler for manga ch. 24/anime ch. 10:

Spoiler for manga ch.64/anime ch. 28:

he should be mentioned in next week's chapter but he won't probably be mentioned if the anime follows this pattern of not wanting to talk about him (although until 166 we only knew his name and how his back looked)
i mean what's wrong with him that the anime doesn't mention him?
Old 2010-05-12, 15:20   Link #1348
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
here there are the two times that they referred him in manga up to 29 in anime
Spoiler for manga ch. 24/anime ch. 10:

Spoiler for manga ch.64/anime ch. 28:

he should be mentioned in next week's chapter but he won't probably be mentioned if the anime follows this pattern of not wanting to talk about him (although until 166 we only knew his name and how his back looked)
i mean what's wrong with him that the anime doesn't mention him?
They're probably just hedging in case the show doesn't go past 50 episodes.

If they won't get to him in the anime anyway there's little lost by omitting mentioning him in passing before. And if the show continues on it's hardly out of character for Fairy Tail to randomly add in a new character no one's ever mentioned before.
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 03:40   Link #1349
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The anime is going through the introductory stages. It's most likely they haven't introduced the mystery mage you are talking about because anime writers felt like it didn't make sense to make such a big deal about him when he's not really in the guild.

Spoiler for The Mystery Man:

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-05-13 at 13:07.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 05:55   Link #1350
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
They're probably just hedging in case the show doesn't go past 50 episodes.

If they won't get to him in the anime anyway there's little lost by omitting mentioning him in passing before. And if the show continues on it's hardly out of character for Fairy Tail to randomly add in a new character no one's ever mentioned before.
Mashima tends to pull stuff out of his ass alot, so I'm sad the anime omitted one of the times he actually established something in advance. Other than this, the anime's actually been putting its plot-foreknowledge to good use by adding buildup for certain events the manga tried pulling off too suddenly (ex. the finger-salute; Lisana; Shadow Gear). The big test will be whether it can pull off the end of Luxus's arc convincingly, which the manga flunked.
Old 2010-05-13, 06:32   Link #1351
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I don't remember any of the aforementioned examples having a huge impact to the plot. Lisanna's been overrated for being Natsu's potential love interest, after all she was introduced dead and used to develop her siblings, when their time came. Shadow Gear was used to hype Gazille and also to establish the mood of the guild; even if some people aren't shown as much, they're still part of the guild as much as others. If each and everyone got their attention arcs, we'd have a second bleach here...what's the finger salute btw?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-05-13 at 14:49.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:53   Link #1352
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

@Kafriel - Even in spoiler tags, future manga events are not allowed. I recommend deleting that part of your post.
Old 2010-05-13, 14:50   Link #1353
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^I thought that only applied to episode-only threads? Removed it anyway, better safe than sorry
Old 2010-05-13, 15:51   Link #1354
SiestaBunneh410
Siesat Girl 410

Send a message via AIM to SiestaBunneh410 Send a message via Yahoo to SiestaBunneh410
Anyone going to ACEN and cosplaying as fairy tail characters? I'm doing the Cat Princess Lucy from the manga on friday
SiestaBunneh410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 02:50   Link #1355
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ I don't remember any of the aforementioned examples having a huge impact to the plot. Lisanna's been overrated for being Natsu's potential love interest, after all she was introduced dead and used to develop her siblings, when their time came. Shadow Gear was used to hype Gazille and also to establish the mood of the guild; even if some people aren't shown as much, they're still part of the guild as much as others. If each and everyone got their attention arcs, we'd have a second bleach here...
My point is a character's death/hurt has more impact if the reader can get to know them a little first. The anime improved this for Lisana and Shadow Gear by sticking the Dragon Egg special and the body-switch filler in between Galuna Island and Phantom Lord. (I still think the body-switch ep was terrible and messed up the plot continuity, but I could see what they were trying to do.)

Quote:
what's the finger salute btw?
From Luxus's arc. The anime added it to the second episode and one of Natsu's flashbacks of Lisana, so apparently it's now Fairy Tail's gang sign
Old 2010-05-14, 03:24   Link #1356
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, having someone known get hurt would have had more of an impact, but then who would be left to take action? Can you imagine Erza, Lucy and Gray on that tree and Natsu soloing Phantom Lord? Back to Lisana, she was already dead, so I think that Elfman's feelings of guilt were to be emphasized more than the pain of her loss.
Quote:
From Luxus's arc. The anime added it to the second episode and one of Natsu's flashbacks of Lisana, so apparently it's now Fairy Tail's gang sign
Gotta take note of the details:P
Old 2010-05-14, 11:33   Link #1357
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, having someone known get hurt would have had more of an impact, but then who would be left to take action? Can you imagine Erza, Lucy and Gray on that tree and Natsu soloing Phantom Lord?
I'm saying introducing token victims in advance works better than pulling them out on the spot. But that requires planning further ahead (or a suitable preestablished side-character), which Mashima often fails to do.

Quote:
Back to Lisana, she was already dead, so I think that Elfman's feelings of guilt were to be emphasized more than the pain of her loss.
At any rate, the anime embellished on both quite a bit.
Old 2010-05-14, 13:42   Link #1358
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I liked episode 29 it was nice to see Fairytail rebuilding and getting back to the daily routine at least for the moment. Also, Natsu prying for info about Gajeel was a smart move of course it didnt really go anywhere except learning that all the dragons seemed to have disappeared on the same year in the same month on the same day.

Seeing Lucy's Independence from her father was also comforting. That was her weakness and with the help of her new family F.T. she was able to overcome it. She went face to face to her father and said outright if he ever tries something like that again she will declare him an enemy and she was dead serious from what i saw. This was something she needed to do to move on in her life and apparently she takes after her mother quite a bit, which is why i guess her father backed off and as she left we saw him smile. Nice clean up episode to all the fighting.

Lots of manga readers have told me there are some kick ass things coming so i cant wait. But im avoiding all manga spoiler in here.

I must have more Juvia stalking Gray moments that character bento was priceless.
Old 2010-05-14, 13:59   Link #1359
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I must have more Juvia stalking Gray moments that character bento was priceless.
Well thanks to the spoilerific OP, you know she'll be sticking around.

& a little bonus.

Old 2010-05-14, 15:21   Link #1360
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well thanks to the spoilerific OP, you know she'll be sticking around.

& a little bonus.

yes as spoilerific OPs go, thats the spoilerific OPs to end all spoilerific OPs!

Saying that, some of the best Juvia action is yet to come, I love the next arc just cause of the one scen with Juiva

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen