AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-22, 23:31   Link #13581
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
What do you have against poor Uiharu?
Even if you ask me that... It's kinda hard to think of something outrageous to say on the spot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kakine curbstomped the spare body, not Uiharu .
Hah! We didn't see her face! Maybe she was replaced by another girl!
Old 2011-08-22, 23:37   Link #13582
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Even if you ask me that... It's kinda hard to think of something outrageous to say on the spot...
Then don't answer on the spot.
Old 2011-08-23, 03:08   Link #13583
zaeraal

Didn't Kakine only dislocated her shoulder?
That can be fixed quickly (several weeks of rehabilitation at max) even in RealLife without the need of AC technology.
Just look at Kuroko who had several items teleported into her body and was alright after few days.
Old 2011-08-23, 05:05   Link #13584
Ashaman

Quote:
Just look at Kuroko who had several items teleported into her body and was alright after few days.
Except she wasn't. Even a couple of weeks later, she was confined to a wheelchair.

And Accelerator doesn't count as a measurment of how good a persons recovery time is, considering its beeen outright shown he can mess with his own body with his powers.
Old 2011-08-23, 05:26   Link #13585
zaeraal

She was injured 14.9. late evening.
During the Daihasei arc 20.9.-24.9. also late evening she was already jumping at Touma during the folk dance (don't know when exactly this happened).
And she was already wearing a normal uniform.

(If that's not a proof, then 30.9. she is confirmed to be completly alright.)

So you have something from 6 days - 10 days.
Old 2011-08-23, 09:12   Link #13586
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Moral of the story, comical injuries recover faster than serious injuries. Comical characters recover faster than less comical characters.

EDIT: Working through Fanfare, I want Gensei to at least be fukou da'ed by Touma.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2011-08-23 at 10:29.
Old 2011-08-23, 12:25   Link #13587
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Teh_ping after that comment 2 pages ago :P I request your Kagami Avatar... much more fitting mr Tsun696 :P
Old 2011-08-23, 14:57   Link #13588
Inept Forum User

Question

I have a few questions;
  • The first question is a question I'm not sure if I should ask here or not, but I'll ask anyway. It regards the Archive Audio Dramas - other than for a few characters in Index Archive I, there doesn't appear to any articles for them on the To Aru Wiki. I was thinking about creating articles for them, but I was a little worried about getting into trouble. Should I go ahead with it or not? Also, does anyone know where to find the release dates and cast list?
  • What ideas do people have as to what might happen in Hawaii? (I was wondering about the possibility of volcanoes and hydrolysis)
  • Another Archive-related question, regarding the brat from Archive II - I was thinking about the mechanics of his ability and how it might operate differently compared to Mental Out (I have suspicions but I'm not certain on the matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
EDIT: Working through Fanfare, I want Gensei to at least be fukou da'ed by Touma.
Couldn't agree more. That bastard has got off far too lightly so far.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-08-23 at 15:25.
Old 2011-08-23, 19:15   Link #13589
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I was thinking about creating articles for them, but I was a little worried about getting into trouble. Should I go ahead with it or not?
Trouble, there should not be, although it's best to stay with translated material. So far, there's the three audio dramas from Index and one from Railgun IIRC.

Quote:
What ideas do people have as to what might happen in Hawaii?
Judging from how GREMLIN works right now, we might encounter traditional magicians. You know, those people from Hawaii who believe in supernatural spirits. (I actually want Touma to be enemies with Annihilatus, who are supposed to take out supernatural entities.)

Quote:
regarding the brat from Archive II - I was thinking about the mechanics of his ability
I think the Absolute Fortune Boy possesses a weaker type of mind control, and only works with a dash of mind games as well (see what happened to him when he got fried by Mikoto).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-23, 20:41   Link #13590
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Judging from how GREMLIN works right now, we might encounter traditional magicians. You know, those people from Hawaii who believe in supernatural spirits. (I actually want Touma to be enemies with Annihilatus, who are supposed to take out supernatural entities.)
I can't shake the feeling that Pearl Habour would somehow be involved when I heard that the story is heading in that direction. But then again, from this one incident with Radiosonde Castle, [GREMLIN] seem to use methods that are beyond extremely, and are just as likely to throw away their plans at a drop of a hat.

You know, it's kinda unfair to show only Magicians in the bad light, we should also have an organization from a rogue Science side attacking Magician's way of life, just to even things out.
Old 2011-08-23, 20:44   Link #13591
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The only way why I wanted Annihilatus to become sort of an enemy to Touma is because it's their basic job: to eliminate traces of supernatural entities. I wonder why that hasn't been focused on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-08-23, 20:57   Link #13592
leukrota

Quote:
Judging from how GREMLIN works right now, we might encounter traditional magicians. You know, those people from Hawaii who believe in supernatural spirits.
The magician Kanzaki fought was using Norse mythology... and Touma offhandedly said that he's not different from a berserker (a Norse shapeshifter, it kinda also sounds like that magician) ... I'm thinking that might have been a foreshadow. Touma could end up fighting proper Berserkers (Werewolves and Werebears) which would be quite problematic for him as they are essentially fighters.

If we see Hawaiian Shamans, I'd bet they would end up on Touma's side.

Just a wild guess to add to the list.

Quote:
You know, it's kinda unfair to show only Magicians in the bad light, we should also have an organization from a rogue Science side attacking Magician's way of life, just to even things out.
You got a point. The only Science "rogues" we've seen are Skill Out and Freshmen, but they also attack the Science side (they don't even know about magic.)

Quote:
The only way why I wanted Annihilatus to become sort of an enemy to Touma is because it's their basic job: to eliminate traces of supernatural entities. I wonder why that hasn't been focused on.
Touma is still human, which would be my guess as of why they don't go after espers.

But I agree that it would be great to see more about them.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:15   Link #13593
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Another rogue Science organization is the Science Association, where Awaki worked for before it got smoked by Anti-Skill.

Old 2011-08-23, 21:17   Link #13594
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Annihilatus guns downs supernatural creatures / apparitions that have no place in this world / plane. Touma is not a ghost and is not a green slime, so they have no reason for going after him as he "has a human basis" regardless of what power he has. Just as the Roman Catholics and the Anglicans, I even doubt that Annihilatus are informed about him on detail outside "guy from Academy City that dispels supernatural powers with his ability".

If Annihilatus would happen to target humans with weird things they would go after Saints or regular ESPers or something. So no, "it doesn't fit", not for that reason at least.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:19   Link #13595
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
The magician Kanzaki fought was using Norse mythology... and Touma offhandedly said that he's not different from a berserker (a Norse shapeshifter, it kinda also sounds like that magician) ... I'm thinking that might have been a foreshadow. Touma could end up fighting proper Berserkers (Werewolves and Werebears) which would be quite problematic for him as they are essentially fighters.
I don't think he meant it that way

He's saying he's like a person who doesn't think about reasons and meanings and politics and just charges into battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You got a point. The only Science "rogues" we've seen are Skill Out and Freshmen, but they also attack the Science side (they don't even know about magic.)
That's the major advantage the magic side has is that everybody there knows about science and (normal) technology, but few people knows about magic, so it's hard for scientists to come up with countermeasure to magic.

Even harder to create an organization around that idea.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:27   Link #13596
leukrota

Quote:
Another rogue Science organization is the Science Association, where Awaki worked for before it got smoked by Anti-Skill.
Ah right... I forgot about them.

Quote:
I don't think he meant it that way

He's saying he's like a person who doesn't think about reasons and meanings and politics and just charges into battle.
Yeah, I know, he probably wouldn't know about Berserkers either... but wouldn't it be funny if they did appear after that comment?
Old 2011-08-23, 22:05   Link #13597
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Ah right... I forgot about them.
Well, its members are mostly dead or arrested, anyway.

Old 2011-08-23, 22:24   Link #13598
Miraluka
Banned

Anihilatus has been weakened a lot after the strongest magician of the group curbstomped all of them during the war, I doubt they'll be sending their few members like that.
Old 2011-08-23, 22:27   Link #13599
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ah, I did remember Vassilisa trashing Annihilatus, but I haven't read to that part yet (thus the status of the light novel chapter summaries in the wiki).

Old 2011-08-23, 22:38   Link #13600
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Ah, I did remember Vassilisa trashing Annihilatus, but I haven't read to that part yet (thus the status of the light novel chapter summaries in the wiki).
Messing with the shota Patriarch and Vassilisa is gonna rape everybody with no mercy.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen