Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-20, 07:48   Link #41
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Of all the things that happened in the previous chapter. Taking Luffy back to Amazon Lily seems to make the least amount of sense to me. They are already so close to Sabondy Archipelago. Rayleigh is right there with the Thousand Sunny. Luffy's basically being taken in one odd circle. From Sabondy, to Amazon Lily, to Impel Down, to Marineford, which is a stone's throw of Sabondy; and back to Amazon Lily. Only for him to have to go back to Sabondy at some point.

Law knows that Rayleigh is at Sabondy Archipelago. Luffy has the bit of Vivre Card that leads to him. That's even where the rest of the crew will be heading.

Rayleigh has been able to hide himself there easily enough. Not to mention being able to hide the Thousand Sunny, considering it's twice the size of the Going Merry.
That's all things we know as a reader but Law doesn't know that he has a vivre card leading to Rayleigh nor does he know for certain that Rayleigh would take the risk of hiding Luffy. And did you really think Hancock would give Luffy to someone else when she loves him that much? She wants to be of help and be the one to comfort and nurture him like a good wife does when her man has hit rock bottom. Like hell she's going to pass up that chance.

Amazon Lily always made the most sense to me for him to recover. Atm Hancock's shicibukai title still protects it and even without it it isn't the most easy place to penetrate and definitely when you compare it to Saobondy. The marines can search whole Saobondy easily while the amazons will never grant them such permission and would rather go to war which would be ludicrous when they don't even know for sure that he is there.
Old 2010-04-20, 08:45   Link #42
Blaine

Possible spoilers on new bounties

Spoiler:

They havent been confirmed yet though if they are true makes me wonder what Shanks, Whitebeard and Dragon have as bounties.
Old 2010-04-20, 08:57   Link #43
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
That's all things we know as a reader but Law doesn't know that he has a vivre card leading to Rayleigh nor does he know for certain that Rayleigh would take the risk of hiding Luffy. And did you really think Hancock would give Luffy to someone else when she loves him that much? She wants to be of help and be the one to comfort and nurture him like a good wife does when her man has hit rock bottom. Like hell she's going to pass up that chance.

Amazon Lily always made the most sense to me for him to recover. Atm Hancock's shicibukai title still protects it and even without it it isn't the most easy place to penetrate and definitely when you compare it to Saobondy. The marines can search whole Saobondy easily while the amazons will never grant them such permission and would rather go to war which would be ludicrous when they don't even know for sure that he is there.
The card is in his pocket with Rayleigh's name on it. If Law performed surgery there is a good chance someone removed his clothes and checked his pockets.

It will be interesting to see if her title remains since she openly attacked Smoker to save Luffy.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:30   Link #44
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Lol, at the possible Buggy bounty. So very not matching his true strength.
Spoiler for Even:
Old 2010-04-20, 09:33   Link #45
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post

Spoiler:

They havent been confirmed yet though if they are true makes me wonder what Shanks, Whitebeard and Dragon have as bounties.
If that's accurate, O_O. Luffy's bounty skyrocketed. He'll probably be proud of that.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:44   Link #46
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

It is so hard to believe at those bounties.Highest one so far was Donflamingo with 340 and now even Buggy surpassed him? If it goes up at that rate, many strong characters will look pathetic with in future.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:46   Link #47
Kallen4life

Quote:

Spoiler:

well .. I could believe Luffy's and possibly Croc's (a stretch from 80 mil), Ivankov's is too much I think (for his actions and power alone .. though he's a high-profile Revolutionary, that can boost it up to that number .. it's not only strength, it's threat), but BUGGY's is just plain ridiculuos, despite everything .. I will have a hard time believing such a number for Buggy even if i see it in the manga

if these are true then WB's & Dragons could
Spoiler:
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-20, 09:51   Link #48
james0246

^Why did you place the bounties in spoiler tags?

That being said, Buggy's is supposed to be ridiculous, because he is ridiculous . Still, I doubt the bounties are true, but if they are, then they were about what I figured a large rise in bounty for Luffy (and others) would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
This I can't agree with. I don't think any of luffy's crewmates would hold against him that he didn't come right after them, and also he has general faith in their survival. He knew time was of the essence with ace, so the choice isn't dying crewmates v.s. dying ace. It was find my crew who I have faith that they are alive, or save ace. I think in that decision making process finding the crew could be on hold. Not to mention you have to factor time span in the world of one piece. If it weren't for his injuries the battle for ace took up under a weeks time.
Luffy also had a general faith in Ace's survival...until the vicre card started burning up. Luffy's duty, as Captain, is to his crew, not someone from another crew. So, I do think it is a somewhat big deal...But, Fair enough. I simply do not want a reunion where Luffy just shows up (where the crew is stationed) and they don't even acknowledge Luffy going off to war without them.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:53   Link #49
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
well .. I could believe Luffy's and possibly Croc's (a stretch), Ivankov's is too much I think (for his actions and power alone .. though he's a high-profile Revolutionary, that can boost it up to that number), but BUGGY's is just plain ridiculuos, despite everything .. I will have a hard time believing such a number for Buggy even if i see it in the manga

if these are true then WB's & Dragons could very well be ~1.5-2B+, Shanks ~1.0-1.5B+ and BB should absolutely have at least over 1.0B now
Buggy could have an even higher bounty than this for just being Roger's Nakama and has seen One Piece. He is also shown interacting with White Beard and Shanks, then helped Luffy, the son of the most wanted criminal escape.

His reputation and acts have gathered a huge following from Impel Down. He also showed all of this and more on TV.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-04-20, 10:00   Link #50
james0246

^Plus Buggy was seen drinking with Shanks (served by a Gorilla bartender) after the war .

Joking aside, while I am unsure if we can say for certain that Buggy has actually seen One Piece (or knows where it is hidden), I do agree with everything else you have said. Additionally, most of the released prisoners commented that Buggy was the one who saved them, so I could see the Marines giving Buggy an increase in bounty just for that.
Old 2010-04-20, 10:00   Link #51
Kallen4life

Quote:
Buggy has seen One Piece
I have even bigger trouble wrapping my mind around this =/ .. srsly, it's a wonder he's never mentioned it at least once over ~13 years

also, WG knew of his ties to Roger long ago .. what was his bounty in the beginning ?

an increase for Buggy - sure .. from scraps to ~150+ mil - likely .. this number is just too much for me .. but I maybe wrong

maybe they were impessed by his invulnerability to Mihawk
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-04-20, 10:12   Link #52
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I have even bigger trouble wrapping my mind around this =/ .. srsly, it's a wonder he's never mentioned it at least once over ~13 years

also, WG knew of his ties to Roger long ago .. what was his bounty in the beginning ?

an increase for Buggy - sure .. from scraps to ~150+ mil - likely .. this number is just too much for me .. but I maybe wrong

maybe they were impessed by his invulnerability to Mihawk
Buggy started out with 15 mil. He's probably given a bounty by some rookie low ranking officer in East Blue who has never heard of Roger's Pirates.

Buggy stayed with Roger until he disbanded it. Unless Roger went to Raftel alone after he disbanded, I'm sure all his Nakama would have seen or at least know where Raftel and One Piece is. Roger is said to have conquered the entire Grandline up to Raftel, which was done with his crew not alone.

Old 2010-04-20, 10:15   Link #53
Kallen4life

WG investigated everything related to Roger (wife/son, executed his ship builder etc.) .. i am sure they knew who his crew were

your point is valid, and yet still .. :
Quote:
I have even bigger trouble wrapping my mind around this
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-04-20, 10:19   Link #54
marvelB

God, I hope that Buggy bounty is real. And again, the marines recognized Buggy as being one of Luffy's chief accomplices since Impel Down, so add to that the knowledge that he's a former Roger pirate (which he even bragged about on TV), and his relationship to Shanks and it's be no wonder why he has such a ludicrously high bounty, despite him being such a weakling. Besides, I always figured that the GL's strongest pirates had bounties that surpass the billion mark anyway, so I wouldn't worry about any of these new bounties making guys like Dragon or the remaining Yonkou look like a joke......
Old 2010-04-20, 10:19   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
WG investigated everything related to Roger (wife/son, executed his ship builder etc.) .. i am sure they knew who his crew were
Well, a low ranking rookie officer would still need time to read up the entire history of piracy and remember faces and bounties of pirates. Seeing the incompetent and corrupt examples of East Blue Marines, they may have missed out on Buggy. And Buggy could have specially chosen East Blue to restart a new crew because the security there is too weak, it is a fact that East Blue is the weakest of all seas.

Old 2010-04-20, 11:33   Link #56
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, my guess as to the events happening from now....

More will be revealed on Luffy's past, and while he's recovering, the next few chapters will probably be about either the Strawhats or their childhood in Fushai Village~
Old 2010-04-20, 11:42   Link #57
valk0v

I saw some spoilers about Enel beating Aokiji and wanting his position - I hope it is not for real
Old 2010-04-20, 11:43   Link #58
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk0v View Post
I saw some spoilers about Enel beating Aokiji and wanting his position - I hope it is not for real
probably fake,

Enel would want to king of the world and not just a admiral.
Old 2010-04-20, 12:13   Link #59
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:

Spoiler:

That is so much bull. No matter much of a comic relief Buggy is, that bounty is just BS. Seriously. I would lose a tiny bit of respect for Oda if he actually did that. No need to fuel the "fire"
Old 2010-04-20, 12:26   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
That is so much bull. No matter much of a comic relief Buggy is, that bounty is just BS. Seriously. I would lose a tiny bit of respect for Oda if he actually did that. No need to fuel the "fire"
So which fire do you think would burn better? Are there more people who hate Buggy, or more who love him? As you can see, there are already people in this forum, like me for example, who would like to see Buggy's bounty skyrocket.

Oda would gain our respect if he does that. And Buggy has all the reasons to have such a bounty, there's nothing to stop Oda from doing so.

Closed Thread