AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-21, 14:35   Link #2081
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

First half was entertaining, even though we didn't see any goals. Russia is pretty damn good at the moment.
Old 2008-06-21, 15:50   Link #2082
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Even Netherlands is considered as a better team, Russia do play better at this match. It will be a pity if they lost overall (after was so close to victory)
Old 2008-06-21, 16:14   Link #2083
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Another potential winner is out. Was cheering for Holland, but gg for Russia, they deserved the win.
Old 2008-06-21, 16:23   Link #2084
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Is it exagerrated if I say "Upset victory of the euro 2008"?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 16:25   Link #2085
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Guus Hiddink has done it once again. He really has got the Midas Touch when it comes to national teams.

Holland was simply disappointing, whatever happened to the team that tore France and Italy apart? Instead, the team that was playing Total Football tonight was actually Russia.

Now we have 3 group runners-up in the semis. Aragones and Spain must be hoping it won't be 4 tomorrow.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 16:26   Link #2086
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Russia deserved the win. Atleast we got knocked out by a team that actually played better. But seeing on how this Euro 2008 is going. Turkey vs Italy final? For what it's worth Van the vaart and Van de Sar showed some nice plays. Ashwin is definitly a hot item. =o

Anyhow the Dutch team finally showed some potential after 8years of medicoreness. Too bad no more van de Sar though. :|
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 16:27   Link #2087
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Two teams unexpected to go far before the tournament made the semifinals. If they both play in the finals, it will be an altogether surprising year. Anyways, congratulations for Russia, I am sure after winning Eurobasket, they set their eyes on this cup too (kind of how it did go for the Greeks, in reverse direction, with their 2004-2005 1st place finishes in European football and basketball championships).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 16:31   Link #2088
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
But seeing on how this Euro 2008 is going. Turkey vs Italy final?
Deliberately ignoring the Germans I see? Not surprising seeing where you're from.

From some of the older fans, I hear that they're feeling the vibes of the USSR teams of ages past from this Russia team.

What was Van Basten thinking taking out the industry that is Dirk Kuyt? Once he got taken out, the Dutch quickly exposed gaps which the Russians wasted no time in exploiting. And then why not bring in Robben? Instead he brought in Van Persie.
Old 2008-06-21, 16:34   Link #2089
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Deliberately ignoring the Germans I see? Not surprising seeing where you're from.

From some of the older fans, I hear that they're feeling the vibes of the USSR teams of ages past from this Russia team.

What was Van Basten thinking taking out the industry that is Dirk Kuyt? Once he got taken out, the Dutch quickly exposed gaps which the Russians wasted no time in exploiting. And then why not bring in Robben? Instead he brought in Van Persie.
Nah the Germans have a very good chance to win, but it seems favourites lose. I predicted a German Dutch(have to be biased towards the dutch :> ) final before the EC started. xD

Robben was injured.
Old 2008-06-21, 16:55   Link #2090
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
I was actually pretty pessimistic about Russian team. Seeing them win 3 to 1 was very surprising. Compared to the first match it looked like they changed the players but the people are the same.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 16:55   Link #2091
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Robben was injured.
If that is all, it shouldn't be a big deal. If what I read was correct, Turkey currently has 4 injured (Nihat is the last one to join this list) and 4 suspended players for the next game.

But, I believe, continuous injuries and suspensions is one reason why they were able to reach semifinals. It prevents the Turkish coach to form ridiculous lineups and the opponents to predict the type of team they will face during the game.
Old 2008-06-21, 16:59   Link #2092
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
If that is all, it shouldn't be a big deal. If what I read was correct, Turkey currently has 4 injured (Nihat is the last one to join this list) and 4 suspended players for the next game.

But, I believe, continuous injuries and suspensions is one reason why they were able to reach semifinals. It prevents the Turkish coach to form ridiculous lineups and the opponents to predict the type of team they will face during the game.
Nah wasn't saying really saying Robben could make a real difference. Kinny Riddle was asking why Van Basten didn't bring out Robben. Or are you especting Robben to play with an injury? =o
Old 2008-06-21, 17:09   Link #2093
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Oh, so that's why. Nope, I don't expect a player to play through injury unless he can and he has no problem of risking or sacrificing some of his future. One of our players was like that.
Old 2008-06-21, 17:25   Link #2094
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Whoa. Just whoa. I wasn't expecting this result. GG Russia!
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 17:47   Link #2095
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

Russia definitely deserved the win in this match. Actually if they continue to play like this they should take the cup (no, I'm not russian ).

Anyway the final - after Portugal and Holland got eliminated, I'd go with Germany - Italy.
Old 2008-06-21, 17:51   Link #2096
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I don't know, I still can't feel completely confident about Donadoni so you better not bet on us making it to the final
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 17:54   Link #2097
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
At least you did.. I still think the ManU players will curse their national team progress

Frances out, Portugal out, Poland out, England waaaaaay out.. Next is Holland XD
I tooooooooooold youuuuuuu ^_^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 22:09   Link #2098
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
wow, Russia facing the Germans in the final would be awesome the last two games made clear that everything is possible right now.. I have absolutely no idea how Italy - Spain could turn out
Old 2008-06-22, 01:07   Link #2099
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Interesting stats: Turkey had played for 414 minutes, and they were the leading side only during a 9-minutes period. Despite that, they are in the semifinals (though, after paying a huge price of being reduced to only 14 players available for the next game).
Old 2008-06-22, 01:39   Link #2100
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Hiddink: National Treasure in Korea; National Hero in Australia; and now National Idol in Russia. xD

I didn't notice Robben was injured, that more or less contributed to Holland's inability to counterattack. But I still don't understand taking out Kuyt, he wasn't injured or anything as well, was he?

Tags
football, soccer