AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 21:38   Link #1061
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
WTF?

Umm, what does advocating a false appreciation of a medium in order to boost corporate capital investments on the area have anything to do with international relationships and peacekeeping?

I don't find Miyazaki to be the most charming person in the world (well, he's been rather consistent most of the times I've heard him, so that adds points to him in my mind) but I can somewhat sympathize with his sentiment.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:41   Link #1062
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
WTF?

Umm, what does advocating a false appreciation of a medium in order to boost corporate capital investments on the area have anything to do with international relationships and peacekeeping?

I don't find Miyazaki to be the most charming person in the world but I can somewhat sympathize with his sentiment.
The fact that art (or at least, in this case, A FORM of ART) unites people round the world helps. Of course, if Aso is faking it, that's different.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:43   Link #1063
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
The fact that art (or at least, in this case, A FORM of ART) unites people round the world helps. Of course, if Aso is faking it, that's different.
I'm getting the impression that you're saying Aso is promoting his love for manga in order to unite people from other countries. If thats true than I'm utterly confused, but I feel that is not the case.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:48   Link #1064
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
The fact that art (or at least, in this case, A FORM of ART) unites people round the world helps.
lolwut

Aso made his claims on Japanese media. What the hell does it have to do with foreign people?

Plus, the way investors see it, art is business. And that's all they care about.

Quote:
Of course, if Aso is faking it, that's different.
So now you're agreeing with Miyazaki? What the hell?

Old 2008-11-20, 22:03   Link #1065
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
lolwut

Aso made his claims on Japanese media. What the hell does it have to do with foreign people?

Plus, the way investors see it, art is business. And that's all they care about.

So now you're agreeing with Miyazaki? What the hell?
No, I'm not. I'm not exactly sure about this, but from what you're saying, Aso's faking the love for Manga to be politically popular.
Old 2008-11-20, 22:08   Link #1066
Theowne
耳をすませば

This is making me dizzy....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:37   Link #1067
FateAnomaly

If it is so, why is he the only one to do so? There is also nothing to proof that he isn't really one. It also doesn't do any harm to the manga industry maybe even making it more acceptable. So why not take it at face value that it is true until proven otherwise?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:59   Link #1068
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
If it is so, why is he the only one to do so? There is also nothing to proof that he isn't really one. It also doesn't do any harm to the manga industry maybe even making it more acceptable. So why not take it at face value that it is true until proven otherwise?
Well that's because of this.

Quote:
WTF?

I don't find Miyazaki to be the most charming person in the world (well, he's been rather consistent most of the times I've heard him, so that adds points to him in my mind) but I can somewhat sympathize with his sentiment.
Old 2008-11-21, 03:34   Link #1069
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
I don't see why the prime minister would be faking it, especially that the manga is Rozen Maiden. If he is faking it, he would probably choose something better. I mean.. The Rozen Maiden series isn't very popular nowadays, is it?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 03:35   Link #1070
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I don't see why the prime minister would be faking it, especially that the manga is Rozen Maiden. If he is faking it, he would probably choose something better. I mean.. The Rozen Maiden series isn't very popular nowadays, is it?
Aha. After he was spotted reading it however, the trend came back.
Old 2008-11-21, 06:18   Link #1071
Green²
It's bacon!

Sarah Palin Turkey Incident: Does TV Interview While Turkeys Are Slaughtered In The Background

Quote:
On Thursday, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin appeared in Wasilla in order to pardon a local turkey in anticipation of Thanksgiving. This proved to be a slightly absurd but ultimately unremarkable event. But what came next was positively surreal. After the pardon Palin proceeded to do an interview with a local TV station while the turkeys were being SLAUGHTERED in the background!! Seemingly oblivious to the gruesomeness going on over her shoulder, she carries on talking for over three minutes.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 06:21   Link #1072
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Hah lolz. Just like Bush.
Old 2008-11-21, 06:23   Link #1073
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
No, I'm not. I'm not exactly sure about this, but from what you're saying, Aso's faking the love for Manga to be politically popular.
I'm not saying anything. I was just clarifying the point Miyazaki wanted to make. That is, that Aso wanted to help the dwindling Japanese economy by making such a statement and attracting investors to Japan's manga and anime industry.

I don't think it has anything to do with political popularity.

Old 2008-11-21, 06:25   Link #1074
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
I'm not saying anything. I was just clarifying the point Miyazaki wanted to make. That is, that Aso wanted to help the dwindling Japanese economy by making such a statement and attracting investors to Japan's manga and anime industry.

I don't think it has anything to do with political popularity.
Whatever he's (Aso) is doing, it's actually to benefit Japan. Not a bad idea really.
Old 2008-11-21, 06:40   Link #1075
case

Send a message via AIM to case
I had a laugh yesterday morning when I read this story in the newspaper with the headline "Australian Researchers Map Kangaroo Genome":
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...tXwA6gJ9yBBqSw

I understand it's cutting-edge bio-science. But still, to me it sounds like a silly headline that might pop up in a Bugs Bunny cartoon or Simpsons episode. xD
case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 10:33   Link #1076
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Hah lolz. Just like Bush.
Oh god damn it... It just hit me. It's a parody of the AT&T Laptop Connect Card commercials.

Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:25   Link #1077
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

PETA strikes again.

http://www.videogames.yahoo.com/news-1267430

I've played the game and it is just ridiculous and I'm just beginning to hate PETA more and more with each new method they come up with to "convert" people.
Old 2008-11-21, 16:41   Link #1078
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
PETA strikes again.

http://www.videogames.yahoo.com/news-1267430

I've played the game and it is just ridiculous and I'm just beginning to hate PETA more and more with each new method they come up with to "convert" people.
yes, they manage to do more DAMAGE in the arena of animal rights than help -- but such is the way of zealot idiotry.

The idiots can't even figure out which building to chain themselves to. Freeing the minks so they starve to death in the woods (or just burning them alive to protest mink farms). They really *are* twits and the stupid celebrities that front for them are the same sort of idiots that become poster children for a certain junk-scam "religion".

I'm probably one of the strongest proponents of animal intelligence and proper treatment of animals, fyi ... but these people are just doofuses.

ahem, time for some hot tea....
Old 2008-11-21, 16:54   Link #1079
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Honestly their idea of releasing these domesticated animals into the wild I find ridiculous. I'd like to see them release about a dozen of those into the wild and I bet in a week or two none would be left.

I also read they tried to argue about using human breast milk over cow milk. A bunch of sense that makes.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:11   Link #1080
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I also read they tried to argue about using human breast milk over cow milk. A bunch of sense that makes.
But imagine the factory farms..... (okay, now I'm in trouble)

Tags
humor